(Archive) Advertising District / 'Project Past'

• ivo%s's Photo
    The first screen looks good but i would use some more path textures.
    That last screen is awsome! I love every single bit of it.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Wow Fanatic that's gorgeous.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Well, this park is turning out to be great. I've loved pretty much every screen you've shown.
  • bernts matte%s's Photo
    Fantastic work Fanatic Of RCT
    Im am not a fan of rct1, but i actully enjoing this park :)

Keep the bulding up.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Damn...fucking old school.
  • Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    So I haven't been playing as much lately. I was gone on a 3 week trip and things have gotten busy with life/school so the progress has slowed considerably on the park. I was working a little tonight and thought I'd post some small screens just to keep the thread alive and show that the park hasn't fallen off the map quite yet...

They're 2 relatively small screens, but I'm working. The Medieval Section is almost complete and I'll be moving on to the last area soon. I still don't know what the theme is going to be so if anyone has any ideas, throw them my way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fanatic Of RCT, 18 March 2008 - 12:00 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I spy Drachen Fire!
    While I'm not too hot ont the random scenery objects thrown into the foliage mix, I admire the ease with which you're able to manipulate the limited color palette. The purple just looks great.
    I'd suggest adding something to the track awnings you have (mini coaster in the first pic, mine coaster in the third) so that they look less like they're floating.

Final area? ummm, let's see here. You've got a southwester-looking area, a city, a Port of Entry type thing, and medieval? You could stay fairly conservative and do a roman/egyptian area or something. The park looks to be rather flat, really, so how about a wooded hillside? you could do a rapids ride down the hill and throw in a suspended or something.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Awesome, the first screen really draws me in. The more i look at it, the more i see there's nothing special about it, it's just...great.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    glad to see you're still working on this. everything is looking good although I agree with ][ntamin about the objects in the foliage.... especially the space objects
    So, things are progressing at a snails pace. I'm just not in the mood to play these days. It's starting to lose it's fun again like it did the first time I quit playing...

I took ][ntamin's advice and went with the idea of a Mountain Lodge type area...I've got the coaster in place, just have to theme it and get the rest of the area done and the map will be finished.

Posted Image
  • ivo%s's Photo
    I don't like the thin wall where the coaster enters the building. The rest looks rather good. The building itself is lovely.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I really like this. It has a nice classic feel to it... maybe it's just that I'm listening to "Gerudo Valley" as I type this, but it feels very spanish-villa-socal-esque.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    @ivo - The thin wall can't be changed because there are no "walls" in LL, just fences.

Looking great. Please finish. I smell a Blockbuster, at least. :)
  • Jman%s's Photo
    Whats amazing is that using the same objects and textures, you can pull of completely different themes every screenshot. Im usually not a fan of LL projects, but this is just stunning. Great work.
    So I've been working quite a bit on the park lately so I'm hoping that this will be the last update before it is officially completed. Let me know what you guys think...

Posted Image
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Beautiful.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Same as above, just it seems that the roofs lack detail, but I may be too use to RCT2.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Looks lovely. The atmosphere is fantastic.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yeah, could definately use some fences or something on the roofs but Im not sure if thats 'overdetailing'.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    a bit of a 2x2 and 1x2 overload in that last screen because all the building forms are pretty much the same but it's very nice as usual

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading