Theme Park Discussion / World's Tallest Water Ride

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    45 degree drop is so lame. The 1974 log flume at GAdv has a 45 degree drop for christs sake.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo

What's the one in europe?
    And it's a 45 degree drop.

Only disappointing thing for me is the OTSR, why?

Someone fell out with the dreaded T-Bars on PP @ Knott's.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    You've got to be fucking kidding me.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I thought Perilous Plunge had OTSR? Or did they add them when someone fell out? Still, Pilgrim looks pretty lame, even if it is wicked tall.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    what a name.
    i would have liked called it niagra falls.
    but it looks hella sick.

Edited by Nokia, 29 August 2008 - 02:40 PM.

• gir%s's Photo

I thought Perilous Plunge had OTSR? Or did they add them when someone fell out? Still, Pilgrim looks pretty lame, even if it is wicked tall.

Yeah they changed it, now they have racing style seatbelts plus lap bars and they're very anal about you even fastening anything by yourself--they make you wait for them to do it.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    When the woman fell out on Perilous Plunge, the boats had undefined seats (just a bench) and no seatbelts.

-disneylhand
    That bitch fell out of Perilous Plunge like my previous posts fell out of this thread.
  • ClockworkMyr%s's Photo

I agree with that, these stratacoasters are like a 3 hour wait for a 1 minute ride.

You know why they're three hours long? People LOVE them. Cedar Point's home to 17 QUALITY roller coasters although it can be debated with the aging ones (Blue Streak and Corkscrew, for instance). Cedar Point seems to look past the record-breakers and get what people enjoy.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

You know why they're three hours long? People LOVE them. Cedar Point's home to 17 QUALITY roller coasters although it can be debated with the aging ones (Blue Streak and Corkscrew, for instance). Cedar Point seems to look past the record-breakers and get what people enjoy.

LOL.

Are you HONESTLY saying that these 1 minute rides are better than classic pieces of roller coaster history?

People ride them for the novelty, to say they did it.

That's my excuse for riding your mother.

I think we're all missing the point anyway. Water rides are all pretty lame in general...
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

That's my excuse for riding your mother.

I think we're all missing the point anyway. Water rides are all pretty lame in general...

This post fails on TWO counts.

These "your mon" jokes are getting FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE BITCH!!

Water Rides = awesome.

By the way, geewhzz sent me a PM saying he liked my 203rd post, and I assume it was the one I did before this one.

This post fails on TWO counts.

These "your mon" jokes are getting FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE BITCH!!

Water Rides = awesome.

By the way, geewhzz sent me a PM saying he liked my 203rd post, and I assume it was the one I did before this one.

Hey, Kev, leave my Mon out of this.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I know why they have the OTSR as a women fell out on Hydro at Oakwood too which is the same model as Perilous Plunge.
    I just don't like them, they suck considering these are rides that usually have no restraints, not even a lapbar.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

Hey, Kevin, leave my Mon out of this.

Congratulations. You have made me look like an IDIOT, for the first time in my life.

I meant "mom," needless to say.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    yeah usually Kevin has to make himself look that way. good job MA
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

yeah usually Kevin has to make himself look that way. good job MA

Nooooooobody likes you.

Stay on topic now kids.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Oooooooh i beg to differ :)
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I like Gwazi and so does posix :p
  • ClockworkMyr%s's Photo

LOL.

Are you HONESTLY saying that these 1 minute rides are better than classic pieces of roller coaster history?

Unfortunately some people are becoming somewhat tasteless and forgetting the classics and coaster companies are exploiting that. Personally I respect the older rides that are more than two minutes long, but the concept of "Out with the old, in with the new" is getting large. It's sad really. Thank god that Intamin's still making woodies though. And btw, out of the 17 coasters at Cedar Point, there are only a few that last less than a minute:
    Wicked Twister
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Jr. Gemini
    Woodstock Express

That's four coasters. The others are made of awesome that are also more than two minutes long as well. Yes people ride them to say they rode it, like I was originally going to do with Maverick, but some go back for more and more, probably the majority.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading