Theme Park Discussion / World's Tallest Water Ride

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    Well, just to keep the topic interesting (sort of), I'll try and post pics of construction, as soon as they start. The ride is ride right next to the highway, so all I have to do is pull over and snap a picture. Convenient! :kumbasgreen:
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo

Unfortunately some people are becoming somewhat tasteless and forgetting the classics and coaster companies are exploiting that. Personally I respect the older rides that are more than two minutes long, but the concept of "Out with the old, in with the new" is getting large. It's sad really. Thank god that Intamin's still making woodies though. And btw, out of the 17 coasters at Cedar Point, there are only a few that last less than a minute:
    Wicked Twister
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Jr. Gemini
    Woodstock Express

That's four coasters. The others are made of awesome that are also more than two minutes long as well. Yes people ride them to say they rode it, like I was originally going to do with Maverick, but some go back for more and more, probably the majority.

Mind you, that is almost 25%, AND of those 4, 2 are in the last 3.

Anyways, when you consider that Cedar Point has only 15 inversions over 17 coasters, that's less than 1 per coaster, and only 4/17 coasters have them. SFMM, on the other hand, has 35 inversions for 16 coasters, or more than 2 per coaster, and 8/16 have inversions, or half.

Mind you, that is not a perfect way to judge a park (i.e., IoA has 17 inversions/4 coasters or 4.25 per coaster, and also has 1/2 coasters w/inversions), but it is somewhat awesome.

In conclusion, coasters are like literature and movies and music. Respect your forebearers, even if you don't necessarily enjoy them. The applies especially to music, for me, at least.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Construction has officially begun. They've started leveling the land in preperation. I'll try and get a picture up tomorrow.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading