Contests / The Next Contest

• prodigy%s's Photo
    I think we have so much ideas for the next contest, we should put them into a list and vote for the kind of the next contest or posix and geewhzz should decide it. But I think the time is ripe for the next contest and I would love to start it now, cause the new semester just started this week, so my time decreases and in two month I won't have time for a contest... so please lets start something now!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i have exams these next 3 months so its a bad time for me personally, but i guess im gonna have to bite the bullet.
  • Brent%s's Photo

PT? :p

Pretty much, yeah...
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    High Rollers...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    you should have mentioned that earlier, wanted.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I vote for a personal or duo contest. Something like this could really get activity here back up again. We just need to give people motivation to work or a reason to keep coming back here often.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'm with cocoa here and its maybe a little late but how about a parkmaker-non-parkmaker duo contest.

A parkmaker gets to team up with a non-parkmaker and have a bracket/knock out system,

Maps of 50x50 and they get judged by a non-contestants panel of 5judges that all look at seperate things in a park, like you have a judge who really is into atmosphere, details or foliage and so have this judged by an actual pannel. parks would be anonymous.

And for the half finals you could have a 75x75 map and for the final 80x80 for instance.

this could really work I think.
    -BelgianGuy-
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Blaze Battle contest? :comeandgetsome:

I think I was in the first H2H... that was forever ago. I'm actually a little intrigued to see the community still active. I can't say I've actually built anything other than completed scenarios in the last 4-5 years though. I spent a little time on NoLimits after that, and have just been busy with work since. I'd be interested in being the "amateur" partner to someone in a contest.

[For some reason, my avatar was cutting off my first line of text...]

Edited by Maverick, 16 June 2010 - 09:29 PM.

• GigaG%s's Photo
    I would really like H2H6
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Wow, I'm surprised to see this topic still alive... kinda... sorta...

I'd be up for anything over next summer, though. Maybe even this winter. Something that doesn't involve teams, since the last contest we did was H2H. PT or High Rollers, maybe?
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I'm with cocoa here and its maybe a little late but how about a parkmaker-non-parkmaker duo contest.

A parkmaker gets to team up with a non-parkmaker and have a bracket/knock out system,

Maps of 50x50 and they get judged by a non-contestants panel of 5judges that all look at seperate things in a park, like you have a judge who really is into atmosphere, details or foliage and so have this judged by an actual pannel. parks would be anonymous.

And for the half finals you could have a 75x75 map and for the final 80x80 for instance.

this could really work I think.
    -BelgianGuy-

That was pretty much the whole idea behind the "Pro/Am" thing. Except it was well thought-out :p
  • J K%s's Photo
    If it's next year (April to August) I'll be away. Please don't let it be H2h6 :(
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'd like another team contest though, any time you guys want^^
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    i currently have no faith our community could support a contest of any kind

the only contest i think can function for awhile is the points system, other then that, ewh....

FK
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    rly? wow...
  • J K%s's Photo
    Are you for real? H2h5 was amazing.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Really. There were as many forfeits as entries into the Unofficial QFTB, including you, SSSammy. What makes you think another contest would be the one that people actually enter in?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    cause it's an officially run contest? i don't know about you but it changes it for me.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't know why, but it's for sure that official contest always work better.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I would really like to see a contest on a large park with areas divided into equal squares, each person will build into that area a different theme, basically a giant collaboration. Each team will be equally divided, depending on the style and experience of the player. So basically it won't depend on one's efforts. You won't leave one out or have someone do all the work, but the park will depend on the entire team. A contest like that would likely be RCT2, because the limitation of a map size for RCT, and because of the way it works, it would be fair, simple, and quick and because of the large amount of players, the whole contest would take a long time, but there would probably be only one round.

and Liampie, just about anything that is official (not just contests) are usually garnered more respect, advertised better, less exclusive, more organized, and hyped.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading