Music Forum / Upcoming Concerts/Shows

• turbin3%s's Photo
    The Offspring @ 29 August, 2011!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    JUK, selah sue, can't stand her music tbh, Queens did rock insanely though
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Went to Music Midtown: Young the Giant, The Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, COOOOLDPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Everybody was good (with the exception of Cage the Elephant.. I was pretty disappointed..) but Coldplay. Holy SHIT Coldplay puts on a fuckin' SHOW. Best live performance I've ever personally witnessed. Such presence and emotion and AARGH it was so good.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Just got home from the Honda Civic Tour with Blink and MCR. Opening "band" was a duo named Matt&Kim...Matt on a multi-purpose Casio and Kim on a three piece drum kit. I initially thought "what the fuck?".Both situated on a small drum riser. They were actually pretty cool. Fun and energetic despite being stuck on an 8X8 platform and Kim can cuss with any drunken sailor that's ever lived. But, she's pretty fuckin' hot, so.....Their whimsical nature showed that they're obviously inspired by Blink and their 30 minute set was full of good times. And, Kim beat the shit out of her drums with Bun E. Carlos sized sticks.

MCR: First time I've seen them so I have nothing to compare to, but they were pretty energetic for having a rather small stage (Blink is obviously the headliner on this tour) and their musicianship was fantastic. Spot-on renditions of "Black Parade", "Helena", "I'm Not OK", "I Don't Love You Like I Did Yesterday" and my favorite..."Teenagers". Not as loud as I expected (could hardly hear the kick or bass) but had a decent overall mix. Played all their more popular tunes in just about an hour and contrary to what I'd heard (and seen on YouTube vids), singer Gerard Way's voice was strong, vibrant and held up throughout the show.

And then there was Blink. Holy Fuck. Haven't seen them in 8 years and I'd forgotten how fucking good these guys are. They still have a small club-full-of-friends vibe even in a sold out, 20,000 seat arena. And God, were they LOUD! My ears are still ringing and processing our order through a distorted fast-food speaker(me, Mrs. K0NG and The K0NGETTES all attended)at Jack-In-The-Box on the way home was a chore in itself. Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus have a chemistry rarely seen anywhere, let alone in a rock band. From the between song banter to dodging each other on stage without even looking, it's apparent that these guys have been around each other for a long time. Combined with my bro Travis Barker's animalistic drum annihilation, their 90 minute set was a hellacious combination of sing-along hits (I've never heard a crowd sing louder than the band itself like this), new material from their upcoming album (to be released this week) and sexual innuendo at it's finest. There was nary a dull moment throughout the show...Travis's son even churned out power chords on a green Telecaster throughout the night right next to his dad's riser...bombastic music accompanied by an extravagant laser/strobe show with superb musicianship that made you wonder how three guys can make this much sound. Every song a Blink fan could want to hear was on tap...from the opening chords of "The Rock Show" through a rapid-fire display that was pretty much a "Greatest Hits" (which there are many) filled with new material and stand by's like "The Shit, Piss, Fuck song", "What's My Age Again" and "My Girlfriend" to the finale of "All The Small Things", Blink definitely delivered. The encore, which featured Travis' drum solo with his kit suspended on mechanical scaffolding that dipped and dived over the floor audience was just the icing on the proverbial cake.

If this tour hasn't passed you by yet...get tickets now. No, I'm serious....go fucking get tickets NOW you fucking morons.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Great review there K0NG! I've grown up listening to Blink and they are still my favorite band. Saw them back in 2009 and I'm glad to hear they're still killing it.

Their most recent album was actually released last Tuesday (September 27th).
    Available for streaming here: http://grooveshark.c...dition /6962133
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    RHCP at the MEN, 14th of november i believe. going to be so awesome!
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    @5dave (pg. 1) I never knew you liked stuff like DevilDriver. I've been listening to Dez since 5th grade when he was in Coal Chamber. One of the very few screamers that I actually enjoy. Most screamers in this new hardcore, metalcore, and all that other crap, you cannot tell one singer from the other, nor understand a fucking word they say. Dez has always had a very unique sound to his voice.

@KONG (pg. 2) Greenday, Blink 182, and Weezer... your kidding me right?lmfao! Your a teeniebopper. lol, I just think it's funny you post around on the forums like your a badass. Btw, Kiss sucks.. they would have never made it anywhere without their wannabe metal image.

@Wicksteed (pg.2) Love Porcupinetree. I have not yet had a chance to check them out live.

@Ride6 (pg. 5) Muse are amazing live. I have seen them 6 times live. There a band that you just can never get sick of. Matthew Bellamy is a huge influence on me. From his singing, guitars, and pianos. He truely is a gifted musician and no doubt Muse is the most unique band out right now. I've been following them for the past 10+ years now and I seriously have every album / song / b-side / video you can name from them.. And one day, I will come up with 8 grand and get the Matthew Bellamy signature Manson Guitar.

Here's acouple Manson Guitars
    Attached Image: 26_main.jpg
    Attached Image: 23_main.jpg

Unfortunately for me.. Toledo, OH never gets any good shows. So I normally have to drive to Detroit, Cleveland, or Columbus for any good shows. One of my girlfriends is a photographer and wants me to go with her to Anberlin on the 6th? maybe the 5th? lol.. Last show I went to was Innerpartysystem and before that was 30 Seconds to Mars. Both really amazing bands live. And if you have not heard of Innerpartysystem, check them out. There like a dance version of NIN with alot more melodies. "Don't Stop" is a fan favorite, but all honesty. It is far from their best song. Song's like 'Last Night In Brooklyn', 'Die Tonight, Live Forever', 'Structure', and 'Obsession' are some of my favorites.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Gonna see Flogging Molly, Zebrahead & Rammstein in the next following months. :)
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    @NO: Yeah I'm in this stuff for years now actually. :D I agree... Metalcore is too much the same.

Gonna see Illdisposed and Raunchy next. After that, Opeth+Pain of Salvation in Vienna! :D
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/5dave/events

And @Kong: Green Day, Blink182 and AFI? Seriously. I always thought you were into Thrash and Hair metal or something. :D

"MFG"
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^^Flogging molly is coming to a city near me ! :D
  • K0NG%s's Photo

@KONG (pg. 2) Greenday, Blink 182, and Weezer... your kidding me right?lmfao! Your a teeniebopper. lol, I just think it's funny you post around on the forums like your a badass. Btw, Kiss sucks.. they would have never made it anywhere without their wannabe metal image.

And @Kong: Green Day, Blink182 and AFI? Seriously. I always thought you were into Thrash and Hair metal or something. :D

Yeah, I dig Greenday and Blink. Two bands that have been around since you were both in diapers and started as kick-ass punk bands. As for Weezer and AFI (by the way, the Blink/AFI show cancelled)...I don't pick the opening bands. Same with MCR last night. Although I can't say that I didn't like them. Not gonna run out and buy their albums, (my daughters already have them anyway) but they weren't bad at all. Any band that I shell out my hard-earned money to see had better fucking entertain me. And, by "entertain" I mean, make me smile and have a good time. Back in my younger years, I'd go see Van Halen over Rush any day of the week. KISS (who, BTW...CREATED the "metal image"...how something you started can be called "wannabe" is beyond me) over Pink Floyd. I listen to a wide range of music at home. I like to have fun when I go to a "show". I've never been into bands just because I think that I share some kind of angst with them and their lyrics hit home because, I too, have issues with how the world is so unfair to me. Just like them.

I like what I like whether some idiot deems me to be "uncool" for it or not. I couldn't care less what you think about my choice of entertainment.

Dave, I was IN "Hair Metal" bands and, I've never liked thrash metal (save for a few bands that actually mattered) or something.

And, N.O. "Teenyboppers" are typically the ones that "seriously have every album / song / b-side / video you can name from them" and have visions of "one day, I will come up with 8 grand and get the Matthew Bellamy signature Manson Guitar". I have 8 grand and I have much better things to do with it than purchase something that will make me feel like I'm actually my "hero".

BTW..any time your girlfriend gets a gig in LA and you can ride her coattails out this way...if you'd like to find out just how "badass" I am....let me know.

EDIT: That reminds me...I forgot the "dick joke" of the night. Courtesy of Blinks bassist, Mark Hoppus (after telling bandmate Tom DeLonge that it was his turn to do the joke and taking three songs worth of time to think it up).

Guy walks into a bar, dressed as a pirate. Has a fucking ships helm hanging out the front of his pants.

Bartender says "hey pirate, you know you have a ship's helm hanging out of your pants?"

Pirate guy says "AAARRRRGHHHH, I know, and it's drivin' me fuckin' nuts!"

What other band is gonna give you that?
    Actually when Green Day came out around 1994 I was listening to bands like White Zombie, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, and so on. As for Kiss making the "metal image". Kiss was nothing more than the Backstreet Boys dressed as Metal. Kiss is nowhere near metal and never will be. They did not create the "metal image". It all started with bands like Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath, you know... bands that are actually good.

"how something you started can be called "wannabe" is beyond me) over Pink Floyd."

I'm sorry, what was that? Your grammar is horrible and I can't make out what your trying to say here. Where the fuck did the "over Pink Floyd" come from?

As for me "wanting" to be my hero... You are way off. My band sounds nothing of Muse. I'd love for you to come to Toledo and come out to one of my bands shows. I guarentee you'd get killed in the crowd. Old guys don't stand up to well to a pit.

I laugh at every post I see of yours Kong, you seriously must have been picked on your entire life and now it makes you feel good to harrass kids... and the saddest part is, it's over the internet. lmao. I am not one of the 14 year old users on this site and I could care less what you have to say. Everyone on this Forum can see right through you. And everytime your a dick you say "Wow, I must have been hammered" or "I was so fucking wasted when I wrote that".. This all adds up to what I said above. Obviously there is something in your life your trying to escape by being an alcoholic. You set a great example for the younger users on this site. But don't smash others because you have a miserable life.

"What other band is gonna give you that?"
    If I wanted to hear jokes I would go to a comedy club, but I guess since their music doesn't entertain they have to do something to entertain the crowd.

When we come out that way, I'll be sure to give you a heads up. Will you be in your wheel-chair.. or you think you can manage a cane? ;)

By the way, this was sarcasm.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Just noticed this, so....
    GreenDay has been around since the late 80's (about the time you were born and I was out rocking the Strip)...they just broke through around '94. Which would be when you first heard of them. And, props to you for listening to Zombie, Marilyn, Korn et al at the age of 8. You must have been the coolest, strangest 2nd grader at your school.
    As for KISS being the "Backstreet Boys dressed as metal"....lol...have you heard "KISS Alive!"? They rocked as hard, if not harder, than anyone back then, They didn't 'sell out' until they'd already made their mark as one of the loudest, heaviest bands on earth and decided that, having conquered one genre, to capitalize on it and become the best-selling, biggest money making rock groups of all time. And, they did exactly that. BTW...how's Zombie/Manson/Korn/Tool/NiN doing right now? KISS is still selling out every arena they play in.

The only reason that you find my grammar to be "horrible" is because it's correct. Something that you're obviously unfamiliar with. But, that's ok....the world needs janitors and fast-food servers as much as it needs doctors and legislators. As long as you can nail "would you like fries with that?"...you'll be fine.

And, by all means give me a heads-up. By the time your balls grow big enough to do so...me and my Hoveround will be glad to show you what's up.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Janelle Monae tonight at my school!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Alter bridge 5nov
    30 seconds to mars 18nov
    Inflames,trivium 27nov
    30 seconds to mars 30nov

November is going to kick heavy ass as we're playing a pretty big gig ourselves with "waiting for the sunrise" on the 4th^^
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    30 seconds to mars on november 28th ;P
  • In Flames%s's Photo
    Bullet For My Valentine, Mexico City, November 29 :)
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Bassnectar, Ana sia, superdre october 31st. It's a monday sadly but I'm still going :l

Just noticed this, so....
    GreenDay has been around since the late 80's (about the time you were born and I was out rocking the Strip)...they just broke through around '94. Which would be when you first heard of them. And, props to you for listening to Zombie, Marilyn, Korn et al at the age of 8. You must have been the coolest, strangest 2nd grader at your school.
    As for KISS being the "Backstreet Boys dressed as metal"....lol...have you heard "KISS Alive!"? They rocked as hard, if not harder, than anyone back then, They didn't 'sell out' until they'd already made their mark as one of the loudest, heaviest bands on earth and decided that, having conquered one genre, to capitalize on it and become the best-selling, biggest money making rock groups of all time. And, they did exactly that. BTW...how's Zombie/Manson/Korn/Tool/NiN doing right now? KISS is still selling out every arena they play in.

The only reason that you find my grammar to be "horrible" is because it's correct. Something that you're obviously unfamiliar with. But, that's ok....the world needs janitors and fast-food servers as much as it needs doctors and legislators. As long as you can nail "would you like fries with that?"...you'll be fine.

And, by all means give me a heads-up. By the time your balls grow big enough to do so...me and my Hoveround will be glad to show you what's up.

So lets start from the top shall we? Who gives a fuck when Green Day came out, they were not national till the 90s and I can guarentee you didn't hear them till they were on the radio.

I have nothing to prove to you. I grew up around music and am the youngest with two older brothers. I recieved my first guitar in 2nd grade and have been into music all my life. Growing up I always hung with my brothers which allowed me to get into alot of different music at an early age. The bands I named are not the only bands I listened to.. and yea man... I'm strange for the music I grew up on, and back in 2nd grade I wore face make-up like Marilyn Manson and wore contacts. I guess I'm not like you and dress up in Kiss make-up everyday and have to flaunt what I listen to. Just because you listen to a certain type of music does not mean you have to dress the part.

Well atleast you admit the fact that Kiss are nothing but a bunch of sellouts. Must also be why there only famous for their Backstreet Boys covers and not their "so-called" heavier stuff.

Yes Kong, your grammar is sooooooo perfect. I forgot every message that were typing out is going for a Presidential speech. And yea, I got hired by McDonald's the other day... will you be the one training me since you seem to have the "Would you like fries with that"? down. So your 51, work at McDonald's and play Rollercoaster Tycoon in your free time? Is that why your wife left you, or is it because your an alcoholic?.... or wait? Have you ever even been with a girl?....

And lets see... the very few bands that I named "that I listened to in 2nd grade"... which has been 15+ years and obviously my music preference has changed a bit since then... But let's take a quick peek at what these bands are doing...

Rob Zombie: Hmm, just put out a new album and has released how many big hit movies in the past years? House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, Halloween, H2, just to name a few.
    Tool: Still one of the biggest bands in Metal.
    Marilyn Manson: Ehh... you got me here. Hasn't done much recently but has just released a new short film and releasing a new album this year aswell.
    NIN: Still the biggest Industrial/Electronic band in the US.
    Korn: Just released the biggest song of 2011 "Get Up" feat. Skrillex, Still selling out everywhere they play. Still one of the biggest bands in Metal. And will forever be known for the band who started Nu-Metal and their sound is still being copied in bands today.. not to mention most of the bands I mentioned above.
    But like I said, my music preference has changed alot since being back in grade school and I do not really listen to any of these bands anymore, so those are only a few details that I know what these bands have done in the recent years.

51... lmfao!
    Thought you might get a kick out of this Kong. No wonder you like these guys, you guys seem to have alot in common... Lets see.. Dried up old fucks who talk alot of shit but are nothing more than posers trying to intimidate true metal bands. And I must say, for being a guitarist... Kiss is by far beginner music with nothing more than power chords. And I would love to hear these "so-called" heavy songs that Kiss have. Please guide me in the direction.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading