News / NE Downtime

• Gwazi%s's Photo

p.p.s. wtFF is my new acronym for what the FLYING FUCK (or where or when or who or why depending on the context-i.e., here it means "when") designed to eliminate annoyingness from me.

as if we couldn't have figured that out by ourselves.

well at least its less annoying. :bunny:
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Still, don't forget what kumba did for the site, too.. If he didn't took over the site when iris lost interest in it, NE wasn't here anymore a long time ago.. His fault probably was he wanted to do it all by himself.. On the other side his enthusiasm was infectious, and productivity and activity got up majorly after iris left it to kumba..

I do like the way NE is run nowadays though, and think you guys are doing an awesome job with how everything is set up and what different persons are doing for the site.. The new release pages look awesome and it would be an honor to win something! So congrats and thanks guys..

SF
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Nice job guys, the site/forums seem to be a LOT better then before . Good luck with you guys in the future!

--RCTCA--
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Great stuff to hear. Knowing that this community is not dying anytime soon has really started to rekindle my interest in this game. Thanks guys.
  • bigforce%s's Photo
    When started reading the home page post it almost sounded to me that it might have been bad news, and I began to think the worst.This is one of the few sites on the internet and about RCT that I truly enjoy.So I was a relief when I got towards the end of the post.I want to thank those involved in taking over responsibility for maintaining the site and keeping it alive.I especially enjoy that the site has a lot more forward progress compared to the previous administration iteration of it.That alone is very much appreciated.I want to say to the new administration keep up the good work and thank you breathing life back into something that some time ago, I thought might have been dying. With the possibility of maybe never getting another version of RCT, this is the next best thing to keep me interested.

Thank You
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Standing ovation. Well done Geewhzz and Posix. I applaud the both of you and everyone else involved in getting the site back up on it's own two feet.

..and Kumba... wow.
    -JDP
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    One less thing for me to worry about... now I'll stick to worrying about the police, I have almost been put in jail three times in three months :lol:
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Really? Don't try and change the fact that you fucked up big time and now are trying to change the subject (probably lying).

Grow up.
    -JDP
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    JDP, is it really necessary to flame Kumba in here? Let it go.

On that note: posix, geewhzz -- thanks guys. My interest in the game would die in a day without this community supporting it.

-ACE
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Thanks to all of you.

There are no hard feelings between Kumba and us, we talked it over a bit before posting this. If it WASN'T for Kumba, who knows what would have happened, he put us in charge back in May. If he didn't, what if nobody would have stepped up? It could very well still be dwindling down the tube. I'm not saying we're the saviors of NE, we're just two guys who care deeply for the community and wanted to ensure it sticks around for a long time after this so everyone can keep enjoying it.

For that, I thank you Darren.

You know, it's funny to go back and read older posts when everyone claims the community is dead, slowly dying, etc etc. These posts stem over the course of the years, back from even 04, 05, 06, etc. Well guess what, it's nearing 2009 and we're stronger than ever. I promise to all of you, it will be even stronger in the near future.

The reason we posted this is because we wanted to be upfront and honest to the community and let them know what is going on. We will continue to do this and ask for advice, feedback or anything else we might need. The members are our biggest asset, and without them we would be nothing. We will always keep this in our mind for future decisions.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    np, im just glad your talking to me again ;)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    ugh kumba your such a dumb asshole wtf is ur problem????
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    First I want to echo what SF stated and a lets please not forget what Kumba did for the site nor should we be so quick to bash Darren.

As for the current staff, I tip my hat to you all as you have done some great things and I really like the direction you guys are taking it. Well Done!

Now lets focus on park building and put the drama behind us.

James - rctnw
  • X250%s's Photo
    Glad everything seems sorted. Well done for doing an amazing job on the site guys. :)

-X-
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I would like to thank Darren for everything he did for the site. He was running the site when my interest and skill in RCT peaked and I had a blast during that time highlighted by H2H4.

Sorry to hear about all the politics. Sounds like some ugly stuff went on but I'm glad that it seems sorted out and I look forward to the future of NE. I may even come out of retirement to celebrate it. ;-)
  • X_Fusion%s's Photo
    Force New Element !!!!
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    well... kumba DID make TEH MOST CREATIVE PARK EVARZ!!1!
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    This thread is fucking hilarious.

(Kevin, you're trying to pick a fight with me in a thread I hadn't even looked at yet. Smooth.)
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    what i find most comforting is posix's inspirational attitude. i have been browsing the AD forums and i can hardly find one topic in which posix has not posted something positive in order to keep moral up and submissions coming in. what a change from a couple of years ago, when posix's tastes were a little more picky ;) - not saying that they still aren't, but he is a little more gracious to those who build differently.

that is what NE needs in a leader: someone who takes genuine interest in things that are going on (whether it be contests, parks, etc) and wants to help out in anyway possible. bravo, posix.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Well, haven't been very active here for a while, but still this puts a lot of stuff in perspective. Just nice to hear the leadership is now in the hands of the motivated core of the site.
    Too bad Kumba went a little haywire, but hey, it's still Kumba :p
    This site has always been very 'colorful' because of it members and that's what makes it great. We always have the asshole of the year award we could give him as our appreciation for the work he has done to keep the site alive :nod: (although Kevin Enns makes a very good nominee too if you ask me)
    Ah well, I should do some finishing up in rct too if you what I'm talking about (hell, more than 5 years now). I'm currently have an internmentship for 5 months which means I have to work 6 days per week and most of the little time that is left is usually taken by WoW :(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading