H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 1 | Match 2

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Land of Wonders - Whzz Kids 29 votes [72.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 72.50%
  2. Vampyre - Flying Germans 11 votes [27.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 27.50%
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Take a chill pill. Does it matter if our park was finished or not? The hard drive crash caused us to not be able to send the park in. Not our fault.

At the end you the day your team voted that it was ok, and your team is winning anyway so what's there to bitch about? The fact we've stolen 8 votes from you? Wow.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Since not many people have done this...

Vampyre:
    Pros...
    -excellent foliage
    -castle could have been awesome
    -architectural style
    -the custom paths
    -the muddy trench the coaster ran through
    -the coaster (aesthetically)
    -the bridge
    -the gazebo building

Cons...
    -obviously unfinished
    -the coaster (I thought the pacing was a bit quick in some areas)
    -the coaster's station was not as nice as the surrounding architecture
    -I wasn't crazy about the whole wall thing. Had this been finished, it would have been cool to have the whole map feel like a secluded village, rather than some type of fortress
    -Nothing to really hold attention, even for being unfinished
    -repetetive architecture

Land of Wonders (as unbiased as I can be):
    Pros...
    -Four nice coasters
    -great architecture
    -ride/coaster interaction (I don't know why so many people have listed this as a bad thing. I think its really fun like that)
    -waterfront area
    -peep-friendly
    -some little creative details (the mine cart on the York and Son Flume station, the picnic area, the enclosed brewing vats outside the festhaus, the rock-work on the woody, etc.)

Cons...
    -crowded
    -theming was generic
    -most of the ideas have been done before
    -a lot of empty space
    -confusing park layout
    -some buildings had no purpose other than to just stand there
    -the entrance area is a bit lackluster

Oh, and I know people are saying the name is awful. I think the general idea was for it to be sort of cheesy, family owned kind of deal. Western European setting maybe? I'm just taking a guess here.
  • J K%s's Photo
    ^ Gwazi lol.

People are just proud of their parks and that’s a good thing. I'm not surprised seeing people stick up for their parks so much, as seeing the progression of it being built from day one does put your own park in your favour.

The community is a massive diversity of all different opinions and I think some people are looking past that believing their park winning is the only correct result.

I voted for Whzz kids as I believe they finished their park to a good enough standard to secure the win. I liked Vampyre more and I'm not going to lie about that but the fact of the matter is Gee's team deserve the win more.

Not to criticise any ones decisions in The flying German's but considering this park was that dam good, wouldn't it of been smart to schedule this park at a later stage of the competition. Seeing as the park maker building it takes a lot of time to make sure his park is up to scratch, it just seems weird to put him first. I do applaud for working hard to try and create a park of this standard in the first week.
    I don't know schedules and times your team can build so correct me if I’m wrong.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

And, if I hear one more person that's losing a matchup proclaim their indifference for the outcome of their respective match, I'm gonna throw up in my mouth

Magnus wasnt proclaiming anything about the fact that we were losing. We fully knew when we came into the match up that we were going to lose. Hell I wasnt even expecting any votes, I know that I wouldnt vote for an unfinished park, I just didnt want the season start off craply by having a forfeit.
    What Magnus was saying was that people were complaining that we were getting votes when it doesnt matter as you are clearly winning anyway.

I wasn't referring to Magnus there.....it was directed more towards the 1st matchup posts and to a trend that seems to be developing overall in the posts of more than one person regarding the 'motivation' for this competition.

And, I'll also add that had we decided against allowing the unfinished/past the deadline park to be accepted (and, it was our decision), your team would have received zero votes (all which do count at the end of the season) instead of however many you end up with in this round. And, I won't pretend that the motivation was entirely selfless either because, as far as I know, we wouldn't have received any votes for winning via forfeit either.

Edited by K0NG, 21 April 2009 - 09:51 PM.

• Micool%s's Photo
    Hey guys, I have an idea,

who fucking cares. Who even came up with telling management about the hard drive thing anyway, you pussies. Just turn your park in and say that's how you wanted it. Why cant we turn in whatever we want? Who determines what's finished or unfinished?

The people who made it, duh. So you're all wrong.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    The incomplete park should not of been allowed to be submitted at all. There are just too many incomplete parks all over the RCT Community. And we just let another one slip through.

While I understand about the hard drive problem, and I do feel for the teams loss of hard work that went into it. I can't help but feel like I had to jump through the hoops just to vote for the park that was completed.

So I had to DL the completed park, and an incomplete park, just to get the stupid codes, in a competition that the Whzz Kids SHOULD of won by default. I feel like I had to do a lot of BS work, just to vote for the obvious winner.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

There are just too many incomplete parks all over the RCT Community. And we just let another one slip through.

Some of the best pieces of RCT out there are unfinished. I'm not saying ours is lol, I'm just saying that there are some great pieces of unfinished work that are outstanding regardless of their unfinishedness.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Well, as I understand it now, (As I have read the topic again, including the newer posts.) A forfeit doesn't help either team as much as I had thought. Neither team gets points. No votes... no points. So it's a dead round.

So I suppose a landslide vote is better than nothing. Even though the remarkably unfinished park is getting votes. Who'd of thunk it? People imagine a completed park. Well, they must see things I don't. What're they on anyway? Must be good shit if they see something better than whats actually there.

:SA:

It's just plain disappointing to view unfinished work. Because you can't bank on speculation. Besides, other people's imaginations can't be transplanted into another's mind. They can only imagine what they would do to complete the park. Not what actually would of been made.

I have to agree with a few others though. I really want to see the vampire park completed. And I want to know if the Flying Germans are planning to complete the park and offer it up as a DL when the offending hard drive has been picked over for files and replaced?

:robot:

So this is really boiling down to a waste of time, effort and energy for all concerned. And is only providing an excuse to argue and participate in some presidential primary quality mud slinging. Didn't we get enough of that in November people?

:twitch:

• egg_head%s's Photo

# In the event of a forfeit, the park that was submitted will receive the average relative winning percentage of all winning entries to be used in the event of a tie and the contest statistics. The team forfeit will receive 0% for this round in calculation of their average relative vote percentage.

By the way, I will comment on Vampyre, when i get home. What is there looks stunning from the Overview.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    voted Land of Wonders

I didn't like both parks that much. Vampyre was to unfinnished for me. I know it had problems. I haven't read all post yet but what kind of hard disk failure are we talking about. is it software related or hardware related for example. often its possible to get files from the disk.

now on to the parks:

Land of Wonders

Like I said I didn't like the park that much. Imo the archy was only avarage with a lot of buildings almost being blocky. a little more detail and care could have gone in those buildings. I didn't like it also that one coaster was custom supported and two others weren't , but thats probally just me. The colors I didn't like that much. often I had the feeling it didn't really fit or made it all look like one giant mess where you had to search for the thing you wanted to see. I personally like it when the colorscheme is more defined so you know what to look at etc.
    Props for making it peepable, if it wasn't peepable I think I wouldn't have voted on it. also I didn't really liked there was one corner hardly build on. at least do some more foilage on it than.

Vampyre

The castle looked nice and would have been really cool if finnished. the coaster looked nice. the other buildings felt a bit simpel. altough they aren't I think it felt like it didn't really do what it should. I was missing something.

voted LOW
  • posix%s's Photo
    maybe this wasn't stated in the rules before, so let me update:

if in a matchup, team A forfeits, team B receives the average amount of vote percentage received by winner teams.

so, we would have had to wait until rr was over, then calculate the mean of the vote percentage of winner teams, and finally add that to team A's record.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    I like LoW more than Vampyre definitely. I suppose if they would of finished, it would've looked better, but I probably would of still voted for LoW. The wooden is sick, I love the land interaction. Peep friendliness is also a big advantage.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Ok so yesterday I could finally see Vampyre. The coaster was definately awesome layed out. I really dig the muddy trench/dryed river, it's believable and I've never seen that before - cool thing. The foilage before the gate was stunning. Kudos to whoever did that!
    The little village was pulled of extremely well, I could really imageine walking through the abandoned streets. Really cool little park.

BUT

The unfinishedness killed it for me. I ike some of the unfinished parks (like Thrillmatic) but this just didn't feeled right in it's unfinishedness. I f this would have been finished, it would be an awesome design - so please get this thing done!
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo

The foilage before the gate was stunning. Kudos to whoever did that!

What you said.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    All I have to ask about Vampire is, why was it necessary to use a monorail track on the spine of the lift hill?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^It's an extended spine.
    B&M inverts use that to return the chain in it.
    Posted Image

"MFG"
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Well here's what I thought about the two parks.

Land of Wonders:

I thought that this was a nice little park. I particually liked the Mack launched coaster and the woody. I thought that the Mack had a very realistic layout and great pacing the whole way through, and the woody had some great interactions and air-time. I also thought that the area around the Mack was very good as well with some nice interactions with the go-karts.

I didn't like the parks layout though. It wasn't the greatest and had many dead ends. I also wasn't to thrilled with the yellow coaster ether. I thought the first half was too fast and the second half was too slow.

Vampyre:

Well what was there was really good, but, there was a lot that wasn't there. I thought that the buildngs that were complete were really good and the castle had a lot of potential. I thought teh layout, however not usually B&M, was very good as well.

The obvious thing I didn't like was that it was unfinished. Which for me is really something that I really can't deal with. I also didn't really like the station and queue placment ether. Though I really hope that the two builders get back together and finish this.

Maverix
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok 120 hours is up Whzz Kids win, so who made the parks? I'll guess egg & Bacchus beat RCTFAN & Liampie :birthday:
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I'll guess Fr3ak and geewhzz beat RCTFan and Liampie.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    ^ I'd go with darren's pick, at least for egg and rctfan.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading