H2H5 / [H2H5] Round Robin | Round 1 | Match 2

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which park is better?

1. Land of Wonders - Whzz Kids 29 votes [72.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 72.50%
  2. Vampyre - Flying Germans 11 votes [27.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 27.50%
  • J K%s's Photo
    Yeah Egg and Rctfan for definit.

Nice shrine to The Ragnorak dude ;)
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    Fr3ak & Egg beat RCTFan & Liampie
  • geewhzz%s's Photo

Match Decision

The 120 hours voting time for this poll have passed. Here are the official results of the match.

<

"Vampyre"

27.50%

Park

Votes

Vote %

Creators

"Land of Wonders"

72.50%

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Trios kicking some ass. Great work guys :mantis:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    lol anyone who voted for Vampyre was only kidding themselves...

Not that it couldn't have turned out to effectively challenge the other entry... but yeah.

Edited by The Beta Factor, 26 April 2009 - 12:58 AM.

• posix%s's Photo
    i must say i am puzzled how vampyre got so many votes that the difference between the elementalists and flying germans currently is only 0.76% in vote percentage, although they had a full bloom park. i'll be looking forward to seeing if either team from the last matchup can take whzz kids' #1 rank for round1.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Haha Liampie? You guys suck :p glad I could fool you all :)

And for the record it was RCTFan that had the crash not me.

Oh and well done Whzz Kids, much deserved, as I already said, if I could have voted I would have done for you.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I guessed Tolsimir, who was obviously involved, and egg_head.

edit: I almost forgot to congratulate the Whzz Kids! Congratulations. ;)
    You guys totally deserve the win.

Edited by Liampie, 26 April 2009 - 01:59 AM.

• RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I guessed Egg and Zburns just as I'm sure it was easy to guess me due to the unfinishedness and hard drive crash right? whatever.....its more finished now.

Congrats on the win guys, it was a much deserved win.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I knew egg and RCTFAN and then I think Louis! and zburns were obvious in the way they posted in this thread.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

i must say i am puzzled how vampyre got so many votes that the difference between the elementalists and flying germans currently is only 0.76% in vote percentage, although they had a full bloom park. i'll be looking forward to seeing if either team from the last matchup can take whzz kids' #1 rank for round1.

#1 ranked my ass, we got 33 votes, thats 4 more then gee did :p Will vote totals count for anything this season? I guess the margin is not a terrible way to keep track tho.
  • posix%s's Photo
    nope, total vote counts will count nothing. this is because polls with ll parks in them will receive way less votes. also, how many people liked your park better is really only in the vote percentage, not in the amount of votes. say your park got 1000 votes, but so did the other, this doesn't make it the better park. however, consider only 10 people were allowed to vote and your park got 8. this means the majority of people would prefer your park. 1000 is bigger than 8 though, whereas 50% is less than 80%. therefore, the vote percentage is what _really_ matters.

using the vote percentage as a "performance measurement", the only effect the vote counts will have is to sharpen the percental outcome. http://en.wikipedia....l_limit_theorem
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Also, kumbaya, the fact that your park got the same % of votes as WHZZkdz is a CRIME
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I knew Zburns was one of the parkmakers for Land of Wonders. The Mack was good and I am guessing Burns did that, however all the other coasters were awful. Sorry but that's all I can really say about them. Oh, and the log flume was good.
    -JDP
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Thanks guys for the comments on our park, good and bad. I know we were all pretty pleased with how things turned out given how rushed we were in the end. Off the top of my head, here's who did what...

Tolsimir
    -Ragjeknk
    -Ragnorak (ride)
    -buildings on left side of entrance
    -a lot of buildings under the flume
    -landscaping in empty corner
    -foliage throughout park
    -some details on Grand Prix

Egg
    -York and Son Mining Co.
    -Silver Hawk
    -Bumblebee Rumblin'
    -The cups
    -the pier
    -the entrance
    -Rockets
    -architecture in front of park

Me
    -Thor
    -Drakkar
    -Grand Prix
    -Ragnorak building and sign
    -Festhaus
    -picninc area and barbeque
    -theming and architecture around thor

Thanks again everyone for the comments. And again, nice job Germans. You guys are on to one hell of a park.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    For what it's worth, I would have voted Germans. The quality of the ideas will always top the quality of the execution in my mind.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^ Dude....I hope you were drinking heavily when you posted that, else.....I just lost an enormous amount of respect for your usually poignant opinions.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    he's just trying to be the cool rogue idealistic outsider to pick up chicks.

MA- pretty sure emergo and buckeyebecky are already spoken for, this probably isn't the place.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Since, whether they're 'spoken for' or not....Emergo is most likely rehabbing from her accident (all the best wishes on that, BTW) and, Buckeye Becky is...well, Buckeye Becky.....

I'm thinking that he's working on Daisy. Or that other bitch....Darren.

But, I agree...this isn't the place for it.

Ehhhh....just to clarify, I wasn't insinuating that Emergo, Becky or Daisy are bitches.

Edited by K0NG, 26 April 2009 - 11:29 PM.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo
    ^(^) uhh wut?

Anyway, I disagree with MAs statement most times, and would only agree if the other park is both total shit and unoriginal. This was not the case here for me as I enjoyed Land of Wonders a lot even though its purpose did not seem to introduce new ideas. I didn't see Vampyre as anything too creative either, it was a castle with an invert and a nice town. Had it been finished, it would have been closer for me though, but Ill never choose an unfished park over a finished one (yes, coming from the guy with the unfinished PT3 entry submitted). What was there in Vampyre was beautiful, probably better than the architecture in Land of Wonders. But assuming the rest would be just as good and that it would have beat Land of Wonders is like assuming a blank map will win due to its potential. So...yeah.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading