Related Games / Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    27th Season

Below are a few more pictures from my visit at the park yesterday:

Posted Image
    A friend that works at the park let me walk on the Gotham Theater stage. I wonder if the actors are ever distracted by Green Falcon. But I bet they're not coaster enthusiasts.

Posted Image
    There hasn't been anything too particularly interesting happening around the mainstreet area lately.

Posted Image
    I wish this trampoline ride didn't cost so much. It's a lot of fun.

Posted Image
    ...and Batman says goodnight!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • Chillsons%s's Photo
    that last picture is :drool:
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Faithful followers,

May is probably the last full month of updates from Six Flags South Carolina. I've had a great time with this project but like many have said, all good things must come to an end. I

I originally said that I will take the park through 2011. That is true. You will see the park's fate, be it good or bad. However, 2010 will be the last full year of updates. 2010 updates will be bigger, with hopefully at least 10 pictures per update. I'm going to show you every nook and cranny of the park. We'll also delve into the park's history. There's some rides that even I've probably forgotten about. I've been working on this park for over 2 years!

You all have been so good to me over these past two years. You've continued to compliment, critique, or simply comment on updates both exciting and mundane. Even though I haven't replied to each of you individually, know that your feedback is invaluable to me.

We still have a couple updates left for 2009 before 2010 begins. I expect 2010 to run for around three weeks, with the final updates being posted later this month or early next month.

But that's not all...

Design a Billboard Contest

Posted Image

Six Flags has purchased one of the billboards near the one park's perimeter avenues. We have enlisted you to design an attractive billboard that reflects the park's fun, family-friendly atmosphere. With that being said, we are leaving the rest up to you. You may use any of the photos from this thread. Your billboard can be simple or photoshopped to the max. The choice is yours.

The picture must be around 800x500 pixels in size. Small variations in size is allowed.

Entries must be posted in this thread by Saturday, May 7, 2011.

The winning entry will be placed on the billboard for the 2011 season. I will also post honorable mention winners as well.

Good luck!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    27th Season

2010 rumors are heating up. I've heard everything from a new coaster to a new restaurant.

Posted Image
    This is a dated picture. There's since been a lot of ground work done to this area. It looks like everything has been flattened out. I wonder if this points to a flat ride...

Posted Image
    This area of the park could certainly use a new attraction.

Posted Image
    The park isn't really "overdue" for a new coaster, but I know many enthusiasts have been hoping for a new wooden coaster.

Posted Image
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Don't forget that billboards must be posted in this thread by this Saturday!

27th Season

Today's my last day before I leave for school and embark on my senior year of school. It's very hard to believe.

The 2010 announcement is due to take place on Friday. I'll be sure to relay the news to you all.

Posted Image
    I won't be seeing this for a while...

Posted Image
    Have you ever noticed that all of the major steel coasters' lift hills point in the same direction?

Posted Image
    Batman's queue greenery sure has filled in.

Posted Image
    I have a feeling that it's going to be a long off-season.

Posted Image
    I'll see you next year!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Announcement

Posted Image

Pirates are coming to Charleston.

Six Flags South Carolina in Charleston announced yesterday afternoon that Buccaneer Battle, a new interactive water ride, will be unveiled at the park in May.

The pirate-themed attraction incorporates lighting, music, dialogue, costumes, set design and special effects, said the park's spokesperson.

Buccaneer Battle, manufactured by Mack Rides, will feature 10 pirate ships carrying eight passengers each through a 450-foot channel.

As the cars navigate the channel, the battle begins as passengers armed with powerful soaker guns take aim at each other, targets and spectators.

Gabbert said some targets will fire back at the passengers, while others display a variety of special effects. And, the spectators, of course, will be armed with the same soaker guns.

Construction has already begun on the ride, which will be located across from the park's Green Falcon rollercoaster.

Posted Image
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    ^ Awesome stuff.

I believe the greatest accomplishment you've made at NE is proving that whether people accept it or not, RCT3 is a very legit game.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Interesting call on the new ride,fun to see something more original.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Congrats to djf at Shyguys World for winning the billboard contest!

28th Season

I am officially a college graduate! College was easily the greatest time of my life and I can't wait to see where I go from here. I'll be in Charleston this summer as I begin to look for work, although with the current state of the job market I might have to go elsewhere. Obviously my dream job would be working at the park but I don't want to get my hopes up for that one.

I went to the park today to check out Buccaneer Battle. I've heard great things about it.

Posted Image
    This billboard is MUCH better than the old basic Six Flags logo!

Posted Image
    Hello, Six Flags South Carolina. It's been too long.

Posted Image
    I rode V2 first - no lines!

Posted Image
    Buccaneer Battle does a great job filling the void left by Deer Park Plunge. Some of the ride's rockwork was even incorporated into Buccaneer Battle.

Posted Image
    The ride is perfect for families. Everyone, including non-riders, can participate.

Posted Image
    The water guns on the boat allow you to soak other riders.

Posted Image
    There's also a new waterfall from Buccaneer Battle down to Swan Lake. It's quite beautiful.

Posted Image
    After a couple spins on Buccaneer Battle, I needed something to dry me off but I didn't want to pay $10 for the "family dryer." Batman's the next best thing.

Posted Image
    It'll dry you very quickly.

Posted Image
    Today was a great day. I'll be back tomorrow for sure.

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • JDP%s's Photo
    still epic dude. i love the cop chasing the car in the first screen and the second last screen is bad ass. the billboard looks nice too, good job
    -JDP
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    28th Season

I spent another full day at the park today. I'm celebrating graduation, I suppose (or putting off the job hunt).

Posted Image
    Riding the tram to the entrance provides one with a great view of the lake.

Posted Image
    Undertaker seems to be running faster than normal this season.

Posted Image
    Let's see what's happening over on this side of the park.

Posted Image
    Tony Hawk's Big Spin had a 2 hour long wait today. No thanks!

Posted Image
    Buccaneer Battle's line hasn't surpassed an hour yet due to the large number of boats.

Posted Image
    I love the waterfall. The sound of it is certainly better than the Miley Cyrus music being pumped through the speakers.

Posted Image
    It's definitely not Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's a heavily-themed ride for Six Flags' standards.

Posted Image
    Today was a perfect day for a soaking ride.

Posted Image
    Derecho received a small rehab during the offseason. It's running much smoother this year.

Posted Image
    It was definitely a full day!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • Steve%s's Photo
    this looks real.
  • jwilson%s's Photo
    I have a couple questions if you wouldn't mind answering them:

1. Is any of this custom scenery and/or rides? I've never played RCT3 before so I don't know exactly what you've custom made and what is actually capable in what you could call "natural" RCT3.

2. What version of RCT3 are you using? Is this the original or does it include the add-ons?

3. Will you ever release the park for public viewing?

Thanks so much! Honestly I never gave much thought to RCT3, but your park here really makes me want to play it. I commend you, it really is awesome work.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    1. About 75% of the park is custom scenery.
    2. I am using both Soaked and Wild addon packs.
    3. No, the park will not be released for download for several reasons.

28th Season

The weather's warming up and with that comes the mass crowds. I spent an early June Saturday at the park... what can you do?

Posted Image
    I got to the park an hour before it opened and the parking lot was already filling up... not a good sign.

Posted Image
    Fun Fact: a private patio once overlooked this small pond. Management would use it for conferences, lunch breaks, etc. It was destroyed during Hugo.

Posted Image
    I've heard a nasty rumor that Granny's Bakery might be converted into a "Cyber Cafe" next season. Hopefully it doesn't happen. Granny's was here before Six Flags bought the park!

Posted Image
    It's one of the few Charleston Gardens-influenced eateries left in the park.

Posted Image
    Hint: don't ride Gotham City Crime Wave after eating.

Posted Image
    Buccaneer Battle had a lengthy line today. Needless to say, I did not ride.

Posted Image
    Undertaker is my favorite coaster at the park. I think.

Posted Image
    Someone threw up on Green Falcon so it was closed for about an hour.

Posted Image
    I love being in the park when they start to turn the lights on. The whole park comes to life (even more).

Posted Image
    Thanks for reading!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    The Green Falcon and Bizzaro screens... :drool:
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    28th Season

I've been spending most of my days at the park lately. Is that a bad thing? Oh well. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the beach.

Posted Image
    I did something I've never done before... run to V2 when the park opens. I wanted to beat the masses of middle schoolers.

Posted Image
    Ah, the perks of being a season passholder.

Posted Image
    Something BIG is coming to the park next season. They've already started clearing the land where Skycoaster once stood. I'll snoop around and see if I can't find out what it is.

Posted Image
    Batman departs out of the Batcave...

Posted Image
    ...as Green Falcon soars above the trees.

Posted Image
    Today was a great day to have a giant bucket of water dumped on you.

Posted Image
    Hey, there's Green Falcon!

Posted Image
    Helpful hint: don't ride Thunder River right before the sunsets. You'll be very cold.

Posted Image
    Undertaker... undertaking riders.

Posted Image
    This is one of my favorite shots of the ride.

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • nin%s's Photo
    Not sure where an unofficial photographer would get the chance to get a shot of Green Falcon like that.. that screen definitely shows the grid-like system of RCT3 though.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    28th Season

I haven't been to the park in about a week, yet it's seemed like forever. Let's see what's going on:

Posted Image
    The weather has been unseasonably cool lately. I'm not complaining!

Posted Image
    Soon there will be another sign here directing people to the new ride, whatever it may be.

Posted Image
    I heard that Bizarro was closed several days last week. As far as I could tell it was open all day today.

Posted Image
    It's always fun to walk past the Character Cafe and here the loud insanity coming from within. It reminds me of my childhood, sorta.

Posted Image
    Bugs Bunny National Park

Posted Image
    Anybody been to Six Flags Magic Mountain? Which is better... Green Falcon or Tatsu?

Posted Image
    I think it'd be hard to beat Green Falcon.

Posted Image
    The sun sets...

Posted Image
    ...which means picture time!

Posted Image
    Have a great evening!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    28th Season

Hello once again! It was a beautiful, although hot, day at Six Flags South Carolina today.

Posted Image
    The crowds weren't alwful by any means.

Posted Image
    Beware of midway games... they'll get ya!

Posted Image
    The bumper cars have reopened after a much-needed rehab.

Posted Image
    The Great Swings, what a beautiful ride.

Posted Image
    I love everything about Johnny Rocket's except the prices!

Posted Image
    There's no telling when we'll see something replace this patio on the old Firebomb foundation.

Posted Image
    Tony Hawk's Big Spin had a very long line, as usual.

Posted Image
    Although, Buccaneer Battle's line was unusally short.

Posted Image
    Green Falcon... that's about all I can say!

Posted Image
    They've got a great musical show in the theater right now!

Signing off,
    Tommy
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    28th Season

Today was another long, but fun, day at the park.

Posted Image
    The Great Swings in action.

Posted Image
    Tony Hawk's Big Spin opened an hour late today.

Posted Image
    The water looks very refreshing on a hot day like this.

Posted Image
    Thunder River is a great way to cool off.

Posted Image
    I took a couple shots of the theater inside after the show.

Posted Image
    It's old yet it serves its purpose.

Posted Image
    Overview of half of the park's mainstreet.

Posted Image
    Bizarro at sunset never disappoints.

Posted Image
    Thanks for reading!

Signing off,
    Tommy

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading