Music Forum / Is anybody here...

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    aha nice dude.

well just let me know if you decide to send it over:]
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    i'll send it to you tomorrow, right now i have to sleep.
    alright bro, sounds good
  • Steve%s's Photo

you never know, i've always found that rerecording things a second time usually helps them to turn out even better:]

God I wish that was the same for me. I do it once and I can never match it the same way again. Probably not a good thing, hahahaha.

zodiac, if you don't have one, invest in a metronome or use the one on your computer. Its hard to mix or follow along without a beat.
    I found that out the hard way haha.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    personally, i use alot of rubato in my playing of both piano and guitar.
    solo of course. i dont try and fuck it up for the rest of the band.

ive got a kinda synt orientated on for you in:cities. just a demo-y type thing and you can say whatchothink.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

God I wish that was the same for me. I do it once and I can never match it the same way again. Probably not a good thing, hahahaha.

A lot of people feel like that. There's definitely a special immediacy to the first take.
    ^well yes, that is actually true.

thats why i always record myself anytime i pick up my guitar.
    just in case i end up playing something special that i might not be able to replicate later on lol.

but i have found that sometimes in songwriting, and most notably on rhythm tracks, replaying and rerecording things can really help to strengthen the track and end up making it sound better.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    myspace.com/rackkilz, i sample ALOT, mix an master everything myself, if you need some insight on mixing an mastering i can give some pointers to clean up your sound but as of right now its all fuckin sick bro, and whoever your drummer is, hes a machine, so on point, im not a big metal head but double bass pedal amazes me.

oh yea, and whatever software you purchased at target, throw it away, get at me on AIM: antieone, i got programs, and more programs, and programs for programs so you can program your programs, yea... its like that, ahaha.

this new herb i got is fucking insane, im goin to stop rambling in your topic.

HOLLA!

EDIT*

i play the drums live on my MPC, i dont loop shit, so dont even ask me where i get my loops =)

Edited by rK_, 16 October 2009 - 07:48 PM.

lol thanks bro, but i dont have a drummer:P

i make them myself on fruity loops.

it took me quite a while to be able to make convincing sounding drums on there, but i think they sound pretty decent.

takes me about an hour or two to click in all the notes, but its worth it:]
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    You'd be amazed what we used to pull off our recordings. At the time we did these recordings we used ACID Pro, FruityLoops, Reason, A shitty digitech RP90 I think it was guitar pedal, one of the cheapest mixers ever.. it was either a tascam or a audio technica.. i cant recall, Ibanez S-Classic, and worst of all... a mic from radioshack. hahaha! You'd never guess though. Compared to what were recording our full-length on.. it is shit.

http://www.myspace.com/sintheticmusic

And this was recorded with even less, which I posted acouple years ago. http://www.myspace.com/breakthegrey
    ^haha nice dude.
    i record with fruity loops/sony acid, but thats all changing soon:]

i'm getting ProTools for christmas ! :DDD
    as well as some condenser mics lol

what you have up sounds pretty decent quality though bro.
    cant really say i dig the music all too much, being that its not my style, but i can definately appreciate the time you guys have put into it, and the production is solid:]

i actually recorded something new today for my new band.
    its basically like a set intro type thing.
    theres no vocals yet, but that'll change tomorrow afternoon:]
    so i'll have to post an updated version then lol.

http://www.purevolum.../astheskyawaits

its the New Intro Maybe? track haha

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading