Music Forum / Is anybody here...

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Hydrogen is a free drum machine built by the shareware community. It's FAR more stable in Linux than Windows, but it does work. The models aren't too bad.

And a single condenser isn't bad if the condenser is a good one and you have an acoustically decent space... Most of the old Zeppelin recordings are one mic on drums, same with the Flaming Lips and they have FANTASTIC drums sounds. Admittedly that involves some expensive preamps and microphones that cost several grand... But you know...

Ride6
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^ lol exactly.

we used a $300 shure condenser through a $100 preamp, so thats why it sounded so bad lol

oh and btw, thanks for the link dude. i've never heard of this at all, but from the screens it looks really nice, so i'll give it a shot.

Edited by In:Cities, 08 June 2009 - 07:31 PM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    saw this on the it-leaked singles & demos:

Posted Image
  • Steve%s's Photo
    inCities, that acoustic recording was fantastic, man. Really something I can get into. Love it.

ps, your girl looks like my ex. Her name isn't Meg, is it? haha! ;p
    lol zodiac you're on itleaked as well?
    amazing site isnt it?:]]]

and thanks steve lol
    nahh, her name's elise, not meg haha
    :]
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Tides sounds really good man, the guy who did your aggressive vocals is good. I'm really feeling your music, keep it up.

Tide has come, to take us all ;)
    lol thanks:]
    yeahh, he's even better live.
    i have a video of my old band playing a show back in march, and he's the vocalist.
    well, one of them lol.
    here it is if you care to watch:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=o5mMD1Zytro

this was my last show being in the band before i quit.
    and yes i know, its horrible quality, not a great song, and my guitar got a little bit out of tune in the middle of the song lol.

but if you pay attention, the synth player, mikee, takes this big stuffed animal of the cowardly lion and throws it into the pit during a breakdown haha
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    okay, i'm bumping this with a question.

i've started to record some stuff. pretty simple setup. i just have a mic and i use audacity to edit the clips. the only problem is the recordings seem to have a lot of white noise on them. do you know any way to reduce it?
    sorrry it took a while to reply.
    my internets down at my house, and i'm at my grandparents house now lol.

but yeah dude, thats always been a problem for me too.
    the main way to reduce that would be to use a gain plugin, which i'm sure audacity has.
    theres plenty of websites that can help you out with which parameters to set it at, because i'm not exactly the best at setting it.
    i usually just mess around with it until the noise is either gone or reduced.

are you getting the noise on an instrument track? or a vocal track?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    both. thanks for the advice though, it helped a lot.
    np man:]
    hey, idk if any of you guys are interested, but i just finished recording a cover of the insanely stupid rap song Stanky Legg with some friends of mine lol.
    i recorded the music for it yesterday, and mikee and justin came over today to record the vocals.
    we did it just for fun, and we are also planning to shoot a music video for it too:]

http://www.purevolume.com/InCities

i know many of you guys really hate this type of music, screaming and rap in general, but we're happy with how it came out lol.

oh yeah, and theres also another unfinished song on there thats currently in progress:]
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    New demo is sick, bro.
  • Brent%s's Photo

saw this on the it-leaked singles & demos:

Posted Image

Haha that's pretty rad... should almost be honored to be on there.
    ^lol yeah dude!

our stanky legg cover song was uploaded on there yesterday, and got around 16 downloads haha.

we're at about 400 plays on it on myspace at the moment, which is pretty good for a day and a half:]

ah i love it-leaked
  • Steve%s's Photo
    The new demo sounds pretty solid, not my kind of thing, but I can't disagree about it sounding pretty great. I was more partial to the sound of "Tides."
    ^i can see where you're coming from man.
    personally, i have a very wide taste in music that ranges from soft stuff like chase coy and paper route, to hardcore, like converge and thursday(do they count? lol) to post-hardcore, like oceana and emarosa, to melodic hardcore, like for the fallen dreams and misery signals, and such.

lately i've been listening to a lot of heavy stuff, but i really want to get away from that for a bit and focus on writing more melodical and ambient music, while still having it being very technical and structured (think: Eulelia by In:Aviate)
    its an amazing song, not heavy, not soft, but still has a great vibe to it, and flowing guitars.

thats how my next song i'm recording will be:]

so you should hopefully really like it sir steve:D
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Ahaha, okay man, sounds like a plan to me. I can't help but think some melodic vocals in the new track couldn't hurt?
    i'm working on that brrrro:]
    steve!
    i began writing a softer song:]
    this is after about maybe 35 minutes of recording or so.

lol here it is if you, or anyone else wants to check out its progress so far:

http://www.purevolume.com/InCities

its the last song in the player

i think it should turn out really nice:D

edit: oh, and excuse the cymbals, theyre way too loud in the mix lol

Edited by In:Cities, 30 July 2009 - 09:28 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading