Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• MF72 %s's Photo

what could it be? hmmmmmmmm this is a toughie..... perhaps a roller coaster? wait a second.......

I don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

Looks like it could be a B&M Hyper to me.

It looks like one.

Or a Giovanola Hyper :D

^
    -JDP

Possibly...

Posted Image
    Now, you'll notice that the skyline of OGA has changed drastically. You'll also notice that I used B&M track for this coaster, I'll explain more about this when the real update comes.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    theres something sticking out of that palm tree, what is it?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    MF72, Those supports for the tall B&M looks very fragile IMO.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Wow, loving that skyline.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo

Even though it's not the same type of coaster, it looks like he tried to model it off of Xcellerator.

Posted Image
  • JDP%s's Photo
    tophat- pass.
    train selection- fail.
    -JDP
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^^Hey!... That's my old avatar!
    The same picture or just the coaster?
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^I think the pic...
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    No complaints, although maybe the supports could extend upward a bit more so the track doesn't look so frail. And although I'm eager for the "real" update, I'll have to agree with the coaster nazi. The trains just don't seem to be doing it. I would've gone with the Storm Runner coaster, just becuase I think the track/train pair would've been better if you're going for realism.

Other than that, it looks good. I think the B&M track is innovative, and the based on the previous pic, the layout looks to be original.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

theres something sticking out of that palm tree, what is it?

It looks like a funny-looking leaf to me. That's not important right now... ;)

Not really, like Alpengeist said, I was basing it off of XCelerator. In fact, this coaster is the exact same height as it: 205ft.

Wow, loving that skyline.

Thank you sir.

Even though it's not the same type of coaster, it looks like he tried to model it off of Xcellerator.
    <Picture>

Dang it, Alp! I wanted to one up inVersed.

tophat- pass.
    train selection- fail.
    -JDP

Well, like I said, I'll explain the train/track situation when the update comes. Then, I think it will all make sense.

No complaints, although maybe the supports could extend upward a bit more so the track doesn't look so frail. And although I'm eager for the "real" update, I'll have to agree with the coaster nazi. The trains just don't seem to be doing it. I would've gone with the Storm Runner coaster, just becuase I think the track/train pair would've been better if you're going for realism.

Other than that, it looks good. I think the B&M track is innovative, and the based on the previous pic, the layout looks to be original.

Thanks, but ultimately, I couldn't go with the StormRunner or the Stratocoaster, just because they don't allow these kind of turn elements. On these coasters, you have to make it flat, then turn, instead of a complete overbanked turn. So, the only one I could use was either this or the LIM Launched, but I don't think it goes high enough for it to work.

Posted Image
    Best picture yet?

By the way, I'd like to thank everyone who's posted here for getting this to 7 pages. I definitely thought this would fall to the dust like my other projects have, but I'm glad to see this is still going strong. I'd especially like to thank FullMetal for practically posting every single update to make sure this continues. Thank you so much man.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Oh, stop... :blush: It's not that I want to ensure this continues, I just really like it. I always check to see if you've updated the thread. The same goes for CGAP.

And that picture does look really good. I love how everything is reflected in the water. Have you ever thought about taking a photography class? I think you'd do really well with it.

Also, I think you should do couple of night shots. Just to shake things up a bit.
    Yeah. Not to compare you guys, but CD5 takes a lot of shots at night and they always look pretty good.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Oh, stop... :blush: It's not that I want to ensure this continues, I just really like it. I always check to see if you've updated the thread. The same goes for CGAP.

And that picture does look really good. I love how everything is reflected in the water. Have you ever thought about taking a photography class? I think you'd do really well with it.

Also, I think you should do couple of night shots. Just to shake things up a bit.

Oh I see how it is, you don't care if this continues? :p
    You know, I never have. It's never really interested me based on what I want to get into. I would do some night shots, but the lag is simply unbearable at night.

Yeah. Not to compare you guys, but CD5 takes a lot of shots at night and they always look pretty good.

Like I told FM, I would, but I can't. And to compare, his park is tons smaller than mine by a long shot. My park almost fills 131 x 148 right now, and it's going to get bigger. And his is what, a few rides and a coaster? I'm sorry, but it's just not gonna happen.

No update yet guys. I wanted to hold off a little longer just so I can get work done around the Wave of Shock.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Yeah, I get lag too, so it's understandable. I hate the Fright Nights scenario...
  • bl665%s's Photo
    WOW!!! Im amazed at how much nicer things can look when there in 3D... Your doing Great keep it up !!! :D
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Yeah, I get lag too, so it's understandable. I hate the Fright Nights scenario...

Yeah, I never play the scenarios, so I never got to that one.

WOW!!! Im amazed at how much nicer things can look when there in 3D... Your doing Great keep it up !!! :D

Well, that was definitely unexpected, thanks!

I'd like to welcome you all to the grand update of...SHOCKWAVE!

Posted Image
    Welcome to the tallest coaster in Orange Grove, Shockwave! I'd like to apologize for the half covered-half not path, the draw distance on that object is horrendously low.

Posted Image
    Look how hot that looks. All green and cool looking with it's glass roof. I'm talking about the Tea Ride, duh.

Posted Image
    You can see this beauty from pretty much anywhere in the park. Unless you are in a building of course, smart guy.

Posted Image
    The second turnaround on Shockwave. As you can see, I am nearing the left-most border. Don't worry, that will be extended about 30-40 land tiles...and you know what that means? More OGA!

Looks like that's all I have right now. Stay tuned for Part 2!!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    shockwave is so ugly.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I agree. For that type of coaster...Shockwave has a horrible layout. Sorry MF72, just not feeling Shockwave.

EDIT: Fixed name. I epicly failed. Thanks guys.

Edited by Dark_Horse, 17 September 2009 - 08:32 PM.

• Top Gun%s's Photo
    ^Haha, you're in MF72's topic not CD5's....

The unrealistic coaster designs of Rct3 make Shockwave look weird. But, I see what you're going for.

Edited by Top Gun, 17 September 2009 - 02:18 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading