Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    ^^ Epic fail!
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i dont think its bad...... i just dont think its great though.

my biggest problem is with the train type
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Yeah, the coaster doesn't look to hot, but the station looks pretty cool.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I think if the track had smoother transitions, the layout would be bitchin'. But unfortunately, they're not. Which brings the layout down a couple of notches to 'good'. I think it fits nicely in its location, but that last little dip before the brake run doesn't look good.

But, overall, it's good. Not the greatest coaster in the park, but good. All that hype... "It's more of a let-down than Fruit Stripe Gum. (Mmmm... Awww...)"

Am I the only one who wants to see a water ride?
  • Maverix%s's Photo

• T.N.T.%s's Photo
    To me, this is really sad. The limitations in RCT3 are hard to overcome, and this is a prime example of that. If there's anyway to smoothen out the turns, then it'd be 10x better. But, just by looking at it, you've really tried your hardest at making this work. Perhaps more room may help?
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Wow. I must say, I figured this would get some replies, but nine was really unexpected. Thanks guys. Not sure if I should be grateful for all of them, or if I should be upset because of the negative replies. But I will respond to all of them.

shockwave is so ugly.

I agree. For that type of coaster...Shockwave has a horrible layout. Sorry MF72, just not feeling Shockwave.
    EDIT: Fixed name. I epicly failed. Thanks guys.

I don't see what you mean by "for that type of coaster." It's exactly like XCelerator at Knott's. It's the exact same type of coaster. If you meant the track type, look down.

^Haha, you're in MF72's topic not CD5's....
    The unrealistic coaster designs of Rct3 make Shockwave look weird. But, I see what you're going for.

i dont think its bad...... i just dont think its great though.

my biggest problem is with the train type

Yeah, the coaster doesn't look to hot, but the station looks pretty cool.

I'd like to address all these comments formally after these replies. It'll cover why I used this coaster type and what I'm going to fix/won't fix.

I think if the track had smoother transitions, the layout would be bitchin'. But unfortunately, they're not. Which brings the layout down a couple of notches to 'good'. I think it fits nicely in its location, but that last little dip before the brake run doesn't look good.

But, overall, it's good. Not the greatest coaster in the park, but good. All that hype... "It's more of a let-down than Fruit Stripe Gum. (Mmmm... Awww...)"

Yeah, like I said above, I will address this further later down. Also, Family Guy for the win. And don't worry, two water rides are expected to be added. This is after all Florida. Can't have a Florida park without water rides, right?

To me, this is really sad. The limitations in RCT3 are hard to overcome, and this is a prime example of that. If there's anyway to smoothen out the turns, then it'd be 10x better. But, just by looking at it, you've really tried your hardest at making this work. Perhaps more room may help?

I don't think room is the problem. I'm going to fix those turns, and I'll go into more detail in a small bit.

Important
    Alright guys. A lot of talk has come up about Shockwave being ugly, because of RCT3's transitions and such. And I have to put this out there: I have no control over that. It's not entirely my fault. Sure it looks horrendous with the limitations, but that's the point I want to address. I agree. The thing I'll be doing is redoing these turns with something that came with this coaster type that I forgot about. It's pretty much the same kind of turn like Angra's turnaround after the loop. There is a small version and I'll see if I can use those. It will make it much smoother and hopefully it will look better. The reason I used the "Extended Coaster" type is because this is the ONLY way I could get this layout. I can't use the Stormrunner or Stratacoaster type because these turns aren't possible with them. So, I'd like all "I don't like the train" comments to stop. It's either these or 4-seaters. We can't all get what we want. So, that's what I wanted to get out, hopefully you read it.

But, to hold you over until this problem gets fixed is a picture of Brain Rush, the park's frisbee, situated nicely near Splinter.

Posted Image

Enjoy!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    That is one damn-fine frisbee. :)
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    RCT3 has the tools to make an extremely accurate Intamin Accelerator, and I think it would work much better here than the B&M tracked launch coaster.
    Brain rush looks cool.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

That is one damn-fine frisbee. :)

Yeah, I love them, too. I think they just look so awesome, I've never had a park without them, ever.

RCT3 has the tools to make an extremely accurate Intamin Accelerator, and I think it would work much better here than the B&M tracked launch coaster.

I don't think it is possible. I'm thinking that this is the best way to make one. You could try with the LIM Launched coaster type, but the turns would still be jerky.

Brain rush looks cool.

Thank you.

Alright, I've continued to work on Shockwave to try to make it better and this is what I came up with:
    Posted Image
    As you can see, the turns have been smoothed and instead of going over the track before the break run, it just goes between the top hat eliminating the need for the little drop. Better?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    so much better.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    simple wonderfull. why didnt you use those in the first place?
    Looks great.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

I don't think it is possible. I'm thinking that this is the best way to make one. You could try with the LIM Launched coaster type, but the

Posted Image
    I am no expert at RCT3, but this is kind of what I was referring to

That track and coaster train looks so much more realistic and cleaner IMO
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    If I'm not mistaken, I don't think that type can do turns. Even the Stormrunner version is severly limited in its track pieces.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Shockwave's turns look soooo much better. It's like it's a completely different coaster! A+ for you, my friend.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    MF, holy crap. That looks 10x better man. Def shoulda thought of those first.

Edited by Dark_Horse, 20 September 2009 - 12:17 PM.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    Wow! Glad to see such a great turnout!

so much better.

Thank you.

simple wonderfull. why didnt you use those in the first place?

To be honest, I totally forgot they were there. Silly me!

Looks great.

Thanks.

I am no expert at RCT3, but this is kind of what I was referring to

That track and coaster train looks so much more realistic and cleaner IMO

Well, like robbie said, and (I don't want to sound mean) if you would've read that last paragraph last update, I said that it's impossible to do these turns with either the Stratocoaster or the Stormrunner. Plus, that coaster is completely different because it doesn't use turns in it.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think that type can do turns. Even the Stormrunner version is severly limited in its track pieces.

Yup.

Shockwave's turns look soooo much better. It's like it's a completely different coaster! A+ for you, my friend.

Thank you sir!

MF, holy crap. That looks 10x better man. Def shoulda thought of those first.

Thanks, and like I told Lowenaldo, I totally forgot about them.

More pictures should be up by the end of the week at the latest, progress has been slow thanks to school, but it WILL continue.
    Stay tuned for more!
  • Coasterking2k%s's Photo
    This is looking absolutely brilliant! It's inspired me somewhat to start on an RCT3 project of my own after abandoning RCT2 years ago...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading