Related Games / Orange Grove Amusements

• Maverix%s's Photo
    Very, very nice.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    There seems to be a little to many supports on the lift.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah it's a nice shot but the lift is way over supported.
    -JDP
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Very, very nice.

Glad you like it.

There seems to be a little to many supports on the lift.

Yeah it's a nice shot but the lift is way over supported.
    -JDP

Posted Image
    Not really, with the way the supports were made, they're fatter, but pretty much the same as Alpengeist.

Alright, new update here.

I introduce to you Angra! Angra is the first roller coaster you come upon, when you visit the park, but it may not be the first one you see. ;] Angra was built in 1996 by Bolliger & Mabillard. It features 5 inversions; loop, immelman, inline twist, and two corkscrews. One notable feature about Angra is how it weaves around the Orange Grove Railway, including a very close foot-chopper before the immelman. Where does the name Angra come from? I have no clue. My brother gave me the name and apparently it is a metal band from Brazil, and Angra means devil. Also notable, my brother made the layout for this coaster. He also did the support work, whereas I did the footing. Unfortunately, he's away at Cedar Point because he works there for the summer, or I would've had him build another Beemer. Well, enough talking, onto the pictures. I could've sworn I took more, but I guess not.

Posted Image
    Here, we can see the first half of Angra. It towers over the rest of Main Street, and as soon as you walk into the park, the loop is the first thing you see.

Posted Image
    This shows the pretty much the same picture, but from another angle. You can also see how it weaves around the Railway.

Hope that's enough for you guys!
    But if you look at these pictures, there's a lot less crowded-ness in the lifts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that the reason that the supports look good on Alpengeist but not yours is because Alpengeist is almost 200 feet tall, so it's going to need more supports than just the regular. Also, since the lift is longer, they towers are more spread out then yours. But the rest of the coaster looks really good!

Edited by Alpengeistfan1, 15 July 2009 - 10:57 AM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^Correct!
    -JDP
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Yeah, the Alpengeist supports are WAY thinner than yours so they don't look messy. Yours would look a lot better as just regular supports I think. But other than that it's looking good!

edit: also, Alpengeist's supports are meant to look like a ski lift, but I'm guessing they don't have too many ski slopes in brazil.

Edited by Xophe, 15 July 2009 - 04:18 PM.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I suggest making the supports like you did but with other support that are thinner like others have said, there's enough cs out there to get good thin supports to get the look your going for

Edited by BelgianGuy, 16 July 2009 - 03:44 AM.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    That airtime hill thing is a bit awkard. The rest seems ok, not too sure on the massive overbank either, would rather see an inversion there but i'll live.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    See how many comments your getting now?

The coaster looks okay, I think. I actually like the overbanked turn. I think it's a nice way to bring it back around and not use an immelman. As for the airtime hill, a zero-g roll would look a lot better there, but I understand that there's no way to do a diagonal zero-g roll.

Other than that, I think it looks nice. Can't wait to see more!
  • MF72 %s's Photo

But if you look at these pictures, there's a lot less crowded-ness in the lifts.

<snip>

I think that the reason that the supports look good on Alpengeist but not yours is because Alpengeist is almost 200 feet tall, so it's going to need more supports than just the regular. Also, since the lift is longer, they towers are more spread out then yours. But the rest of the coaster looks really good!

^Correct!
    -JDP

Yeah, the Alpengeist supports are WAY thinner than yours so they don't look messy. Yours would look a lot better as just regular supports I think. But other than that it's looking good!

edit: also, Alpengeist's supports are meant to look like a ski lift, but I'm guessing they don't have too many ski slopes in brazil.

I suggest making the supports like you did but with other support that are thinner like others have said, there's enough cs out there to get good thin supports to get the look your going for

Thank you guys for your opinions. Overall, I understand where you guys are coming from. The thing is, this coaster is about 150ft tall, and well I personally think they look good, so I think I'm gonna keep them, plus it'd be way too much of a hassle to delete all those pieces and then make new ones.

That airtime hill thing is a bit awkard. The rest seems ok, not too sure on the massive overbank either, would rather see an inversion there but i'll live.

See how many comments your getting now?

The coaster looks okay, I think. I actually like the overbanked turn. I think it's a nice way to bring it back around and not use an immelman. As for the airtime hill, a zero-g roll would look a lot better there, but I understand that there's no way to do a diagonal zero-g roll.

Other than that, I think it looks nice. Can't wait to see more!

Yeah, the overbank does look a little weird, but it's just a basic turnaround so it can continue its path. Also, like I told someone, the airtime hill is pretty much just a filler and without it, I'm not sure how I would connect the rest of the ride. Also, to FullMetal, there is a zero-g roll. If you look at the very left of the first picture of my last post, you can see the beginning of the zero-g roll.

Welcome to page 4 guys. Sorry there haven't been any updates, but I've gotten a little sidetracked from the park thanks to recently getting LL to work again, and I also rented Star Wars: Force Unleashed for my PS3, and I've been playing the crap out of it. So, hopefully I can work on it tonight and get an update out later this weekend.

Edited by MF72 , 18 July 2009 - 11:00 AM.

• MF72 %s's Photo
    No new comments? Oh well, I'll still continue since I'm nice like that. :)

Alright, I thought I'd post a few new pictures of Angra just because I did pretty much nothing lately, and I'm hoping to get a new coaster started.

Posted Image
    Here's the supportless MCBR. I totally forgot about supporting this and will do it.

Posted Image
    The ending of the ride includes many twists and turns.

Posted Image
    Yet another picture of the ride. Also in this picture, the scarcely-seen-in-this-thread zero-g roll.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That corkscrew has got to hurt, the drop from the MCBR before hand seems to large. Maybe place a vertical loop there instead and replace the turns at the end (before the brake run) with a second corkscrew?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Angra's interaction with the railroad in the last screen reminds me of Montu. Nice work
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Considering I never liked rct3 and I do kinda hate to say this about a rct3 park, But that park looks awesome, can't wait to see some big coasters.
    ^Why would you hate to say that the park looks awesome?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

^Why would you hate to say that the park looks awesome?

I never liked rct3, I always liked the classics better, but this park makes rct3 look better than rct2, especially the inverted coaster, kinda reminds me of mcdonalds, but rct3 alone I think is kinda boring.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

That corkscrew has got to hurt, the drop from the MCBR before hand seems to large. Maybe place a vertical loop there instead and replace the turns at the end (before the brake run) with a second corkscrew?

Man, you just love ripping apart this coaster, don't you? :D Anyway, it doesn't really go that fast through the corkscrew. A similar thing would have to be the corkscrew after Raptor's MCBR, and that goes pretty smoothly.

Angra's interaction with the railroad in the last screen reminds me of Montu. Nice work

Thanks. That's basically what I was going for. I wanted a lot of interaction.

Considering I never liked rct3 and I do kinda hate to say this about a rct3 park, But that park looks awesome, can't wait to see some big coasters.

Thanks. Since when is a 150ft B&M invert not a big coaster?

So, what's been going on at OGA?
    Posted Image
    Looks like a large pile of wood.

Also, about the larger picture size, I decided to go with it this way, mainly because it looks a lot better the bigger it is.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I was thinking of something like a hyper coaster.
    Is that river supposed to be like the Nile?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading