Semifinal 2
    Deadline: 2009-07-01
    Flying Germans (13) vs (21) Hurricanes

3rd Place Match
    Deadline: 2009-07-15
    Alpha Legends (6) vs (14) Flying Germans

3rd Place : Flying Germans

• 6000000flags%s's Photo
    If the elementalists and minutemen have semifinal parks ready to go and were going to enter into the semifinals if they won but can't now, will their parks be given a topic in this forum?
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I know for our parkmakers they wish to take their time finishing off their park so probably not for us.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Oh crap the AL's are going up againt the Whzzkids....
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I'll probably get flamed or something for this, but I'm predicting the Whzz Kids and Hurricanes in the finals. Knowing some of the people here, I'll get flamed for showing my opinion.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    No, you'll get flamed for bitching about probably getting flamed for showing your opinion. Go ahead and say "see what I mean?". But your probably right (about the predictions).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Previews!

#1 Whzz Kids vs. #4 Alpha Legends
    Well it is the undefeated team vs the only one to make the playoffs with a sub-500 record, so it is safe to say the WKs are the heavy favorite. Also the Alpha Legends captain and arguably best player Six Frags has already maxed out by doing 3 parks during the season, so he can't go and nither can Sulakke who went week 5. The WKs also have two very good players who cant be the playoff builder due to going in week 5. I think there is a good chance we will see a realistic match-up likely in RCT2, tho I think it might be a good move for the ALs to play the LL card as they arguable have the strongest LL team in the playoffs. Only issue with that is Loopy, Panic and Twisted all worked together in week 4. I think we will not see a blowout, but feel the WKs could win without to much trouble.

Expected possible Whzz Kids builders: geewhzz, egg_Head, fr3ak, jusmith
    Expected possible Alpha Legends builders: Loopy, Ride6, Twisted, RCFanB&M

Projected outcome: Whzz Kids win 28-15

#2 Flying Germans vs. #3 Hurricanes
    A define grudge match here. In H2H3 the Hurricanes lost the Championship by 1 vote each in games 1 and 2 of a best of 3 series to the Flying Germans who were captained by posix and his protege Ride6. This could again be a very close match as both teams finished the season with the same record and were fairly close in vote percentage. Of all the playoff teams and even the two who did not get in the Hurricanes are the only team with a clear edge. They still have the 3-Day extension in their back-pocket and can play it to get a bonus 72 hours to build when their opponent cant. Also Magnus going in week 5 lets the Canes know he won't get a record setting 6th H2H win against them. When it comes to available players each team has had some of their best guys on the bench since as far as week 1 (Kumba, RCTFAN and robbie92) and RRP last went in week 2. I predict this one will be very close, but got to go with my team pulling out the win to make it to the H2H Championship for the third time in a row :kumbasgreen:

Expected possible Flying Germans builders: RRP, RCTFAN, Sey, Liampie
    Expected possible Hurricanes builders: Kumba, J K, disneylhand, robbie92

Projected outcome: Hurricanes win 25 to 21

Finals and 3rd Place reviews after the playoffs. I hope you guys enjoyed this little review and even add your own.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'm glad you consider me one of your "best guys." :D
  • LDW%s's Photo
    I am soooo looking forward to this! I personally think that Whzz Kids and Hurricanes in the finals but I am not putting any tabs on someone to win. :p Yet! ;)

LDW
  • posix%s's Photo
    Kumba, I enjoyed reading that little review.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, good review there Kumba, we are definitely the underdogs against the whzz kids, but I don't mind that..

Will be an interesting last 2 matches.. Hope the see the quality remains, and not see it go down like h2h4..

Anyway, good job to all teams during round robin.. I don't think quality ever was so high in such a small period here at NE.. I thoroughly enjoyed all parks that were released.. It's a pity to see the Elementalists and Minutemen eliminated, but you guys can be proud of the parks you have produced.. They were at an exceptional high quality level..
    I'm sure next season, maybe with a couple of changes to the set-up (because it's never perfect, although close to this season), you guys can be in the finals as all teams were pretty close in terms of quality.. Just look at the 2-2 score 5 of the 6 teams were on in the penultimate round..

SF
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Id advise you take that extension kumba,your teams gonna need it
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    not even kidding
  • J K%s's Photo
    I guess its going to be a very good match then ^^
  • Steve%s's Photo
    kumba do you ever think you're not going to win something? aha
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Confidence is key kind sir.
    -JDP
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^Being 5-0 and knowing that you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet is even more key.

BTW...see how all the threads die when I take a week off?

"Roadmap to Victory"....Hell, we don't NEED no stinkin' map!

And Darren....I remember you saying before the season started that "somewhere down the line" you'd regret trading me. Round 4 was just the first of two instances that will make you look prophetic.

The second is gonna make you look pathetic.

GM positions are NOT in your future, bro. Then again...journalism doesn't seem to be your forte' either. I mean...your opinions are ok but.....spelling is KEY when literate people actually read what you "write".

:D

Edited by K0NG, 21 June 2009 - 11:38 PM.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Id advise you take that extension kumba,your teams gonna need it

Totally. Flying Germans are gonna own.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I'll probably get flamed or something for this, but I'm predicting the Whzz Kids and Hurricanes in the finals. Knowing some of the people here, I'll get flamed for showing my opinion.

I can't believe you think anyone would flame you for having an opinion. How stupid can you be?

Round 4 was just the first of two instances that will make you look prophetic.
    The second is gonna make you look pathetic.

Why don't we have Blaze Battle anymore?
  • egg_head%s's Photo

Why don't we have Blaze Battle anymore?

Would be pretty cool, i never got to it the first time.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading