Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• mattec222%s's Photo
    http://www.kdfansite.com/blog/

looks big so far

Edited by mattec222, 12 January 2010 - 11:25 AM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    It's a rumored giga.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It IS a giga.

Posted Image

Posted Image

92x1540

92 m in height, 1540 m in length?
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Well, it does indeed say Giga Coaster...

That'll be cool.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Wow I didn't even know they had Dominator as well until now. I'm seriously out of the loop about one of the closest parks to me. Wish this was going to Carowinds though.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    too bad i'm making my trip back to KD this summer and not next year... This ride looks promising
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Liampie: That says 92-1540. It's a serial number. Not a measurement.

-ACE
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    I think it's safe to say that with the economy the way it is and with what RCDB is showing... This will be the biggest ride opening in North America in 2010... and possibly the world.

:biggrin:
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Jesus I can not wait for this. They have an ass load of trees to tear down though.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 27 June 2009 - 10:02 AM.

• Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I saw this yesterday on Screamscape, very cool (and surprising, since I wasn't following PKDs news). I'll be out there on the 4th of July, I think, but hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Any specific measurements yet? If its bigger than SD2k then I'm psyched.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

tare

really?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Go to pg 58 of the TPR discussion thread, theres pictures of the lift segment
  • Katapultable%s's Photo

Go to pg 58 of the TPR discussion thread, theres pictures of the lift segment

Post a link while you're at it. :-/

http://www.themepark...t...c&start=570
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Damn! With this new giga coaster, Kings Dominion might just be right when they said they're better than Disney and Busch.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    So a question from the ignorant... when did Intamin start using double spined track and on which coasters?
  • Katapultable%s's Photo

So a question from the ignorant... when did Intamin start using double spined track and on which coasters?

I thought the same thing. It looks a bit like the track type used by Maurer Söhne.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Whoa... Didn't even notice that. Looks kinda wierd to be perfectly honest...
  • Comet%s's Photo
    The coaster they're building in the Ferrari park in Dubai, which is proposed to be the word's fastest, is the first time it was seen and now this is the second.
    There's no operational ride as of now with that track though.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah this track has never been used before. By the way it looks though, it seems that with this double thickened track that the layout will be able to use a lot more sharper and twisted turns and elements.
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading