Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• inVersed%s's Photo

what is being planned for cedar point?

Rumor has it that a new coaster will be built on Millenium Island, notice the new construction at the right hand side of the island here. Several bits of speculations have been floating around about what exactly will be built here. The three main rumors that I have been heard that sound remotely realistic are GCI woodie, B&M Dive Machine, or Duelling B&M Flyers. Apparently, on the official CP facebook page, clues have been dropped suggesting the coaster is most likely going to be GCI but nothing has been confirmed, mentioned, or announced. Most theories are mere speculation, but most people agree that it is obvious that a coaster will most likely be built in CP for 2010
  • nin%s's Photo

...or Duelling B&M Flyers.

CP officials have stated that a flyer will never be built at CP, though i could be wrong on that..
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I've also heard that there is going to be a new coaster at magic mountain, cedar points rival. They used to have 17 coasters like cp, but they tore down the intamin harpin, flashback, and that hideous woodie with b&M trains, psyclone. There is a rumor about it being a water coaster.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

CP officials have stated that a flyer will never be built at CP, though i could be wrong on that..

I guest that throws that theory out the window :'(

I've also heard that there is going to be a new coaster at magic mountain, cedar points rival. They used to have 17 coasters like cp, but they tore down the intamin harpin, flashback, and that hideous woodie with b&M trains, psyclone. There is a rumor about it being a water coaster.

That water coaster would be interesting. I had always thought the new 2010 coaster would be a kiddie ride to compliment the Wiggles World kiddie area that I also thought they were getting next year
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i would take cedar point over six flags mm anyday, and man, i knew cedar was coaster crazy, but i wouldnt expect them to squeeze something onto that small island. they should just get rid of some of the parking space or tear down DT. but GCI would be nice, the layout is sure to be interesting.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

That water coaster would be interesting. I had always thought the new 2010 coaster would be a kiddie ride to compliment the Wiggles World kiddie area that I also thought they were getting next year

They are building a wiggles world and were going to build a wiggles coaster, but they already have several kiddie coasters like Percy's Railway a.k.a goliath junior, but magic mountain isn't considered as thrilling as it was, so it is rumored that they might make a water coaster that will be the longest of its kind. Holiday world is also making a water coaster, it is designed by pro slide and unlike traditional waterslides, it feartures a conveyor belt lift (like those dinghy slides in rct) and it is classified as a roller coaster and uses LIM motors to launch it off.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    ^ They're classifying it as a roller coaster? But it doesn't roll. It slides. They're called ROLLER coasters for a reason, dammit!

Also, A GCI at CP seems to be the only logical answer, because that's probably all they'll be able to fit on that small island. But I really do like CP's determination. It reminds me of the original RCT scenarios. We didn't have much room to work with, but we still managed to cram a whole bunch of coasters on those maps!

And I thought they had contractual obligations with Intamin? Weren't they supposed to build like, 5 Intamins by 2010? Unless the woodie is of the Intamin variety (and not GCI), which would be cool.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

And I thought they had contractual obligations with Intamin? Weren't they supposed to build like, 5 Intamins by 2010? Unless the woodie is of the Intamin variety (and not GCI), which would be cool.

Well lets see,
    1. Millenium Force
    2. Top Thrill Dragster
    3. Disaster Transport
    4. Wicked Twister
    5. Goliath Jr.

They already have 5 intamin ags, and maybe those pro slide watercoasters have little rubber wheels under the track, like bobsled coasters, and some miler water coasters are log flumes and they are still considered coasters.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    No, I think the contract started in 2000 when they built MF. So that would mean that they only have four Intamins.

1. Millennium Force (2000)
    2. Wicked Twister (2002)
    3. Top Thrill Dragster (2003)
    4. Maverick (2007)
    5. ??? (2010)

And I've noticed that Cedar Fair seems to be on a NASCAR streak, lately. KD's Intimidator, and apparently the B&M at Carowinds is going to have something to do with NASCAR as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if CP's new coaster was themed to match.

And I'll only count a water coaster if it's counted on CoasterFanatics.com. CF has some logs flumes on the site, but they aren't counted as credits.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    To tell you the truth, water coasters are confusing to identify, like those premier water rides are and arn't classified as coasters, and those proslide coasters havn't been made yet.

Maybe they count coasters that use intamin trains is made by intamin. Blue streak replaced their trains, I like classic coaster trains better though, but I think they use PTC trains. But I don't think they don't count coasters before 2000, though disaster transport was partially renovated and made by giovanola. They might have added maverick, because intamin coasters are very good quality, unlike those crappy TOGO standups.Did you also hear about a new coaster at alton towers and universal studios singapore?
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    I guess the water-coaster sort of grayed the line.

I'm going out on a limb here, but last I knew, you don't get mildly or torrentially soaked on a coaster.

When was the last time you saw people wearing ponchos on a coaster, unless it was actually raining?

And wouldn't they sell towels in the gift shop?

There's a Universal Studios in Singapore?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    i think it's under construction atm
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Copying my post from elsewhere:

Anyways, it looks like Millennium Force and Maverick had a baby. The MF aspects of that should be awesome, especially since it was looking unlikely that we'd ever see another giga coaster, but I'm worried about the snappy transition/OTSR combination, as my neck didn't appreciate that on Maverick. Still, it looks like a great layout, and an excellent addition to the park. I'm looking forward to it, especially since there's a good chance that I'll make it out there next year, and it'll be a lot of fun even if my neck must suffer.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I guess the water-coaster sort of grayed the line.

I'm going out on a limb here, but...........

I'm not even gonna touch this..because it's just too fucking easy

Nice to see ya here though, Rob
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    i'm pretty sure it's confirmed that the OTSR won't be on the real ride. it says it right on the website, and it was the same deal with PP, the animation Keith did had the OTSR but the boats never ended up with them.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo

I'm not even gonna touch this..because it's just too fucking easy

Nice to see ya here though, Rob

Just try to keep in mind that... awww forget it.

Humor is wasted on you.
    :drool:

• inVersed%s's Photo
    Carowinds new coaster was announced this morning

http://intimidator.carowinds.com/

They could have at least given it a more creative name than calling it Intimidator like the coaster at KD. Still this ride looks more fun than the coaster at KD
  • gir%s's Photo
    I look forward to riding this, but is there any reason Cedar Fair has gone with two different companies to produce two pretty similar rides?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    It has an incredibly picturesque layout and indeed does look a lot more fun than the Intamin named Intimidator.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I have waited 10 years for Carowinds to finally get a world class roller coaster. I'll probably be going opening day.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading