Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    This might even be better than Diamondback if they can pull it off well, they just need to show us some rendered images. :)
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Official info released-

http://www.intimidator305.com/

Aside from the first drop, this coaster looks a bit boring... at least compared to MF
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    "Vehicles: Four passenger open design trains with overhead lap bars but no over-the-shoulder harnesses"

hmm... what's the difference?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Waste of money with a layout like that... nothing exciting at all past the drop.
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    I'm thinking that with it's basic boxish shape and the fact that there isn't that much terrain involvement, that this may be the cookie-cutter, basic giga design by intamin.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    i guess cedar fair really like intamin.
    .....i still have alot to learn aobut hese companies
  • Comet%s's Photo

"Vehicles: Four passenger open design trains with overhead lap bars but no over-the-shoulder harnesses"
    hmm... what's the difference?

You don't pull the lap bar down from in front of you, you pull it down over your head, but it's just a lap bar.
    Like here...

http://rcdb.com/4074.htm?p=23197

Anyway about the ride.
    I think it's amazing that they're getting away with 1 support for the lift and one fore the drop. It's come a long way since Millennium Force I suppose. And personally I would much prefer to build these types of supports in RCT.

For the layout, it's really good. That drop is just amazing and so what there's not too much airtime those turns look to be nearly that fun at the speed this thing will be going. The ride was probably already expensive enough anyway.

Edited by Comet, 20 August 2009 - 10:02 AM.

• mattec222%s's Photo
    ok, thanks... from the renderings of the train it looked just like otsr, guess it was just an oversight or something
  • Comet%s's Photo
    No I didn't see the renderings I just assumed.
    I guess it's just Intamins way of hiding the fact that they're putting OTSR on everything now.

Hopefully I was right originally but I don't think so, this changes my view on the coaster completely.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    How long until we see someone build a lift based on this? Because holy ish does that thing look un-supported.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    When I think about this more, along with Intamin's capabilities, I wonder why KD didn't push this to break the 100MPH barrier. I think it would have been neat for this to be the first coaster with a lift-hill to go over 100MPH. Also, I would have liked to have seen a vertical first drop. I know 85 degrees is still very steep but considering Intamin has built coasters like TTD and KK which have large vertical drops (and Maverick and Fahrenheit beyond vertical), this seems like it would have been a good possibility. IMO, when investing this much money in a coaster you might as well pull out all the stops.

2010 should be a pretty big year for Cedar Fair with this coaster, Carowinds' new B&M and this mysterious rumored attraction at CP (possible GCI)
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Delete this.

Edited by Top Gun, 20 August 2009 - 03:10 PM.

• Top Gun%s's Photo
    To me, it just looks like a Intamin Mega-Lite with a 300ft drop. Im sure it will still be pretty fun and it will definately be a crowd pleaser but Im sorry to say that's about it...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yup, just a giant mega lite. Looks great either way though, a lot of fun.
    -JDP
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Looks pretty sweet, I think. But I do see a possible retheme in the future.

It also looks like it'll be more about speed than anything else.

EDIT: Also, what's with Intamin and their lack of support structures? The lift looks like it would fall over if you leaned up against it. The footers are probably going to consume an outrageous amount of concrete.

Edited by FullMetal, 20 August 2009 - 01:26 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    the point is most likely to save on steel costs. 25million for an investment in 2009 is very cheap compared to 25 million on millennium force in 1999-2000 when the US dollar wasn't as weak.
  • Katapultable%s's Photo
    Kind of a mix between Diamondback and Maverick.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some Assembly Required...
    :rolleyes:
    :lol:

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    I've never been on a giga (though I've been on tons of hypers). It seems thrilling, but I heard that the thrill level varies little once the height is above 125 feet.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    what is being planned for cedar point?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading