Theme Park Discussion / Intimidator 305 at kings dominion!

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    Yeah, but if they make us wait that long, there may be mass suicides. :p
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'll probably go see 9.

Oh yeah, and we'll know tomorrow about CP, that's cool.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I was looking forward to a new woodie at cedar point. I am going there next year and I hope the new ride isn't a log flume, I don't like water rides that much, I prefer traditional styled coasters.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Well, this is disappointing.

http://www.cedarpoin...oot_the_rapids/

No coaster for 2010 at Cedar Point
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think it looks pretty great. Weird to have the huge drop before the smaller one, though.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I don't hate the idea of adding a ride like this, because they did need it before another coaster, but I really hate the actual ride they put in.

First of all the name is awful, but at least the logo sort of makes up for that. Then the reason log flumes are the only water rides I really go on at parks is that you don't get totally soaked, and this looks like it just pours water on you left and right. They already have two water rides right down the way that soak you and they didn't need another one. Finally, this took out every bit of fun that was in log flumes, this is literally two coaster like drops, after two coaster like lift hills, in coaster like restraints. The reason log flumes used to be fun was the way you sat back to back and floated down the trough before the big drop. If you're going to do something like this, the drops need to be bigger or there needs to be a bunny hop thrown in there, a dark ride scene or something to make it more then two coaster like drops back to back.

Edit- also like Steve said, why have the big 85 foot drop first leaving something about half it's height as all you have left to do on the ride? Just realized this cost 10.5 million dollars too, I'm hoping we see some really good theming somewhere for that price.

Edited by Comet, 03 September 2009 - 10:19 AM.

• Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    LAME
  • gir%s's Photo
    Yeah, it's really not very impressive, is it?
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    I kindof like it..., it should get you really wet and the theming should be good, but the name sucks and it is too similar to snake river falls.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    I WANT MY GCI!!!!!!

what i dont understand is they have room to put in a coaster, but they choose not too? other parks are catching up with coasters so CP needs to consider if they want to keep their crown of most in the world.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    haha! so many of my friends were OMG it's gonna be an Aquatrax. bahahahaha.

It looks pretty cool though, by the sounds of it it's going to be more than just a bog standard flume.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yeah, that looks kind of like the mini-shoot-the-chutes/mega-log-flumes that they have at Gardaland (Fuga de Atlantide) and Dollywood. Meh if not themed.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Well, it looks better than the one at HW. Sure, it's not that innovative, but the layout is 10x better. What's PP do? IT GOES IN A FUCKIN' CIRCLE! I'd take a good layout over the "world's tallest" any day of the week.

And I do think that addition is better than a roller coaster. It gives people more opportunity to cool off during the summer. And during those particularly hot days, you won't stay wet long. (I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm familiar with really hot summers.)
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

I WANT MY GCI!!!!!!

Don't we all
  • Comet%s's Photo
    ^^They all ride have two options about 100 feet away to get you wet, I think they needed more of a family style ride then something to cool you off.

Personally I rather ride Perilous Plunge then this but I guess this is better for Cedar Point.
    I still can't believe they put the smaller drop last though, that's so anti-climatic.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo

haha! so many of my friends were OMG it's gonna be an Aquatrax. bahahahaha.

My friends dont even know what CP is, or what an aquatrax is. One guy who works with me says that superman escape at movie world has a 5000m loop in it :eek:
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I meant as in my uncool coaster enthusiast internet friends not my cool real-life friends. ;P
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

My friends dont even know what CP is, or what an aquatrax is. One guy who works with me says that superman escape at movie world has a 5000m loop in it :eek:

LMFAO! :lol: I have non-coaster enthusiast friends too, but they sure know what reality is.

Funny story from Kings Island:

(In line for Diamondback)

Me: Oooh, I gotta get a picture of this... *snaps picture*

Jay: Why?

Me: That's the chain return up close.

Jay: So?

Me: I'm a nerd. I love these kinds of things.

Jay: Oh my god...

(Later, in the station building...)

Me: This is so cool! My first B&M!

Jay: Oh my god, shut up!
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    some great new pics

http://www.kdfansite...ls.php?album=87

:)
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Wow, it's going quicker than I expected.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading