Ask the Experts / Hack Like a 'WinHacker'

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    Would it work with coaster stations to get peeps to line up at the gates?
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^I guess so, but the park would become peep-unfriendly because there are a lot of dead-ends.. So that would be a sacrifice for a feature that I don't think is worth it..

SF
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Thanks for the nice tutorial, gee. i need to start implemented this shit in my parks now.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Now RCTModified seems even more pointless after reading this. Well done, gee!
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ RCTModified still has the Hex View numbers, for path, rides and land,, and that is very usefull in my opinion ...
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Yes RCTM is pointless now and I condone anyone who is too lazy now, plus it complicates things, only use is the hex height to save having to calculate the height everytime as Cena said. I guess I should just create a little hex height thing without all the other crap ^^.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Oh btw, Geewhzz:

But why 125 for the height? Because for some reason, this is the highest value 8cars will allow to work in this screen. You could technically do it however high or low you want.

The max is FF in Hex, and that is 256 clearences. So there is a limit, you might want to change it ... Otherwise people might think, that they can raise unlimited after doing that trick a few times :p
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Can't wait to try this out!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    this is so simple!
    thanks a lot geewhzz!
    tried it out. takes abut thirty seconds to do. :D
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    This is very helpful, thanks a lot!
    I tried it once and it worked.

Now I get an error trapper every time I want to make the dummy track invisible and I dunno why...?!

"MFG"
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I got it too a couple of times, mainly because I was wanting to do it too fast. That resulted in some minor things I appeared to be doing wrong, such as track that went under both an entrance and exit with the the middle part deleted, the object under the track that I didn't put under or too many scenery objects on the tile.. Just make sure to check if you've done everything right carefully, and use the remove null items + small scenery + large scenery function in the object manipulation to delete all objects that could've caused an error..

So in short, if you follow Gee's instructions carefully it always works :p

SF
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    One thing to keep in mind, if you screw up and don't reload a previous save and are working on the same tiles everything you are thinking you're building above ground could really be being built in the game's memory underground. The best way to reset the tiles is to do what Six Frags suggested in combination with the Clear Scenery tool. Drag your land up/down manually with the land tool to make sure everything is cleared and to reset the land base. If the game tells you something is in the way, the object you dragged underground when the land was high up might still be "in the way".
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Gee- How did you make the concrete on the Launched Freefall? Id like to know how to do that.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Dude, did you actually read his tutorial?!? He just explained how to get the concrete on a tracked flat ride-the screen is just an example of another way to make things invisible using that tutorial..

SF
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Hmmm, I'm having a bit of a problem here. I followed the directions exactly, and my final prodcut *looks* how yours does, however I am only able to zero clearence and build objects where the entrance is. When I try to build where the exit is, it says "object in way." Even when I zero clearence absolute it still happens. Any ideas why?
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    ^ Not sure, but try building everything above the exit and then lower them with map object manipulation.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    thanks for the tutorial gee. I wanted to revise my tuts for a while and because you did this one already I could focus on new things. while I was in vacation I tought up something new, when im back and have time again I will contact you about it and maybe we could split up tuts or something.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Hey leo, that sounds good. Kumba and I were talking about getting together with you and trying to put all our knowledge into tuts in the future, like your idea a while back.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Is there a hack to have a coaster with no station but still rideable? Like on the ride in Lenox
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Yes. With a shoestring.

But if you only want to take away the ugly rct station things:

Built track and everything. Delete the station, merge a new station in there. Make the new station invisible with 8cars (crooked house) and built an other coaster on top of the station but in a opposite direction, and lower that in.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading