Ask the Experts / Hack Like a 'WinHacker'

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Are you sure the path is connected? If it's an invisible path or full-tile path check it by placing litter bins on the path.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Not sure if anyone has asked this or has had the same problem, but is it possible for mechanics to get to the invisible exit if the ride brakes down, because it doesn't seem to work for me.

And, if I want to make the base of a ride invisible, I would just have to raise the land over the top of the ride, right?

What Liam said^.....and, I've found that once the huts are invisible, it's not possible to connect path to them (or, maybe possible but not simple) so you have to make sure the path is connected BEFORE making them invisible. If you delete or change the path tile that's connected to the huts, it'll disconnect from the entrance/exit. I usually have one tile of invisible path directly from the hut if I plan on using invisible path, then have another type of path from there out until I'm satisfied with the queue layout. I've had to re-do the invisible hack a few times before I figured this out.

For the base question, theoretically yes, but you wouldn't be able to build over it so I'd just raise the land 60-80 units (same as when you do the huts) to allow for building afterwards.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Are you sure the path is connected? If it's an invisible path or full-tile path check it by placing litter bins on the path.

Lights, litter bins can't be put in a queue line. Agreed on the rest :)

@ Kong, I agree with you, sometimes a hack seems easy, but when you get into it, you get troubles really soon because you don't know the exact way of doing things. That's the fun of hacking though, solving those. 
  • Stoksy%s's Photo
    Cool, thanks guys. I probably didn't connect the path so I'll double check it.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

and, I've found that once the huts are invisible, it's not possible to connect path to them

really? they've always just functioned the same for me? you can connect path to them whenever?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I just made some huts invisible and thought 'Fuck, I haven't build the paths yet' but it turns out they actually do connect.

I build the path with zero clearance on, then rebuild the path (without removing) without zero clearance and then they were connected.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    They work for me as if there's a hut there, you just can't see it.
  • Cena%s's Photo

They work for me as if there's a hut there, you just can't see it.

Exactly, and that is what happens. The entrance hut still has all the features, including it's clearence of 7, you just don't see it because other objects were modified. 
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Sweet. Semi-realistic Intamin top hats are possible now. The only problem is the Intamin Impulse track doesn't quite line up with the train, but I think it's more realistic than the B&M track. And no merging was needed.

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Have you thought about slightly raising the Impulse track using Map Object Manipulation? How does the train look in the twist?
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    You could try to raise the impulse track with 1 unit in MoM.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Didn't think about raising the track using MOM. I will try it once I have more time. I didn't save the bench I was testing this on. Liampie, the twist doesn't look great, but that could also be a line-up problem o my part. It's kind of hard to tell where the twist is with invisible track.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    but there is 2 tracks on the square?
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Technically, yes. I think. There is the invisible LIM-track, and there is the Intamin Impulse track.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Have you thought about slightly raising the Impulse track using Map Object Manipulation? How does the train look in the twist?

You could try to raise the impulse track with 1 unit in MoM.

The visible track is added later guys, if you would raise the yellow track now, you would raise the invisible track too and you would cause a crash. It would be possible if you would first built the invisible track / lower that one clearence. Then you would make it invisible, add the yellow track and raise both tracks (invisible + visible) to line up the invisible track with the existing ride track. Then you would test it to see it works. 

I like it Dark Horse, however I would make the top smaller (the smallest that is possible)

Edit: I am a bit slow again, lol

Edited by Cena, 06 May 2010 - 01:58 PM.

• Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Thanks for the tip, Cena. I will try what you said later. I feel like I just opened up a whole new world of possibilities (thanks to Gee's tutorial and 8Cars of course).
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Sorry for the double post, but...

Cena, I tried to do what you said by lowering the track one unit. The track disconnects, and the ride won't test because the track is not a complete circuit. Is there a way around this? Like to have the track 1 unit lower, but still a complete circuit? Or is there a way to raise the Intamin track up a unit? Maybe using 8cars through the Ride Edit menu instead of Map Object Manipulation?

EDIT: In other news, I was able to get a more realistic feel for my design by removing the station and adding in normal track. No merging or shoestringing necessary :-D

Edited by Dark_Horse, 06 May 2010 - 11:36 PM.

• K0NG%s's Photo

The only problem is the Intamin Impulse track doesn't quite line up with the train......

This is the problem I've found while trying to do this (not a top hat but the lift/drop for a Mega Lite) particularly on the vertical drop. No matter what I've tried, the vertical section just won't line up with the trains...they're either too far from the track or they dive right through it due to it being inverted. But, I haven't given up.....yet.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Sorry for the double post, but...

Cena, I tried to do what you said by lowering the track one unit. The track disconnects, and the ride won't test because the track is not a complete circuit. Is there a way around this? Like to have the track 1 unit lower, but still a complete circuit? Or is there a way to raise the Intamin track up a unit? Maybe using 8cars through the Ride Edit menu instead of Map Object Manipulation?

EDIT: In other news, I was able to get a more realistic feel for my design by removing the station and adding in normal track. No merging or shoestringing necessary :-D

I said 1 clearence, not 1 unit, ( 1 unit = 2 clearences, so you need 1/2 of a unit). If you would first lower the real track (the invisible one) and then make it invisible, add the intamin (the visible track) and raise both 1 clearence again, you would get a track that is aligned with the other real track, but with the yellow track 1 clearence higher and then the gap is fixed between train and visible track. 

1 clearence raising or lowering is done with Map Object manipulation, under Misc, select the -1 or +1, select ride track and the unique land color under it, then add apply and cancel and you are done. I can explain it more / make a small tut for this, however I am currently going back to an x64 install of windows so I can't do it now (later this week when I have all my stuff installed again). 
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I got it to sort of work by building the Intamin track 15 feet lower (I think) and raising it 1 clearance. It looks pretty good through the top of the top hat, but there is still some glitching. Also, like K0NG said the sides don't line up as the train goes right through the track. Right now I don't see anyway to fix this, unless someone can figure out how to tell the game to move the track back a bit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading