Ask the Experts / Hack Like a 'WinHacker'

• 5dave%s's Photo
    ^I used map object manipulation to remove all large and small objects on those tiles, so there shouldn't be any stuff left there... : /

@Turbin3: No, no Error trapper at all. Just the visible station with the visible dummy track underneath.

"MFG"
  • Levis%s's Photo
    please give a screenshot of what you are trying.
    you are talking about the station right? not the entrance and exit.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

^I can make paths, entrance and exit huts invisible again, but not the station of the ride itself and I dunno why...

"MFG"

I had this issue too recently..
    I just deleted the ride and then rebuild it.. Then the invisible method worked again..

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    it probally has something to do with the aranging of the objects in the memory.
    sort object internaly could help. but again i first need to see it. probally only rebuilding the station would be enough tough
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Thanks to Fr3ak, he helped me already!
    Changing the track mode to crooked house worked in the end. Simple and effective! ;)

"MFG"
  • Levis%s's Photo
    :) if there aren't any forbidden elements thats the easiest way. also I notices if you make the forbidden elements invisible with the FF methode you can use crooked house on the rest of the track. you dont have to merge those pieces in seperatly.
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    Oh that is cool =D
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Quick question just so I know I'm understanding this completely, if you have a diagonal section of coaster track that you make to make invisible, do you have to have a length of "dummy track" under the entire ride, as well as a piece of the scenery under it with the invisible support blocker for each land tile that the ride is on?
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yes. Every land tile that won't raise because the track prevents it needs to have the scenery pieces (one above and one below the dummy track), dummy track and the raised support blocker.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Quick question just so I know I'm understanding this completely, if you have a diagonal section of coaster track that you make to make invisible, do you have to have a length of "dummy track" under the entire ride, as well as a piece of the scenery under it with the invisible support blocker for each land tile that the ride is on?

not needed.

you only need to use the "make invisible" on all pieces of track which can't be made invisible normally. there you need to have land under it. all the other parts can just be made invisible by making it crooked house. you dont have to merge it. the game thinks that piece of track is removed so it wont error.
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    So use the color scheme to make the diagonal track invisible?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    yes
    but first do the color scheme trick and then use the crooked house mode. and if you want to remove the null items to check something make sure you first revert the track back to its normal tracktype before removing the null items.
  • Cena%s's Photo

yes
    but first do the color scheme trick and then use the crooked house mode. and if you want to remove the null items to check something make sure you first revert the track back to its normal tracktype before removing the null items.

Don't forgot that he has to have objects under the track (full tile small scenery objects), otherwise it won't work (you explained me this somewhere in 2008 Levis). 
  • Levis%s's Photo
    yes but I assumed he understood that from the tutorials cause he also knows he has to raise/lower the land.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Hi!

Apparently the "make ride invisible" button doesn't work for me on the dummy track. Everything up to that point works, but when editing the ride and I click that button and say OK, the ride is still visible and the huts aren't invisible.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Make sure that, first...you're using the correct version (the one that says "version" in the toolbar) and that you have the "main" color scheme selected. Then hit, "make invisible", "apply" and "ok".
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Ive had the same problem. I do all the things you stated above but get an error trapper as soon as I hit ok.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Wow that worked K0ng. Thanks! I didn't have the "main" color scheme selected.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Ive had the same problem. I do all the things you stated above but get an error trapper as soon as I hit ok.

did you put a object under it and is there nothing above it?
  • Stoksy%s's Photo
    Not sure if anyone has asked this or has had the same problem, but is it possible for mechanics to get to the invisible exit if the ride brakes down, because it doesn't seem to work for me.

And, if I want to make the base of a ride invisible, I would just have to raise the land over the top of the ride, right?

Edited by Stoksy, 22 April 2010 - 03:10 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading