Ask the Experts / Basic Hacking Tips and Tricks

• Evil WME%s's Photo
    The tutorials look sweet, it's all a bit nostalgic for me)

I remember when Adix came up with the first luge coaster, everyone was so impressed!

One of my personal favorite coasters also used that 'technology', I am honestly still proud of how that coaster looks! Not sure if you should actually call it 'luge' but alas.
    I think it might have been the first one to, after a while, go through a circuit. But I might be mistaken, of course.
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Is there anyway to have a coaster car, say a wild mouse car, traveling up at an incline at 30 degrees, but staying parallel to the ground as it travels up?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Two answers, yes and no. 

With no, not with existing rides that have images for ramps etc, because when they are on track that goes up, they will use the images for that. And any way to use the existing ride and letting them go up parallel to the ground, hasn't been found yet (with hex editing). 

With yes, by making a new custom ride, it is possible, by using the parallel images instead of the images used by the hills/drops now. I already tried that and it worked out perfectly. (if you want, I can show you an image) I did it with the splash boats ride, and it should be possible with any other tracked ride too (coasters etc). Another example, is the coaster; Lord Straken - Teal Riverrine, made by Levis (it is on his parkmakers page). 
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Yeah if you could show me that would be great. I need it for my next park.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    When is the next set of updates? I really want to see them.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Yes, we all would just shut up for a while
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Probably going to be quite a while for next update. Depending on updates but looks like I could be spending some time in the lovely country of Nigeria :S so probably not going to have a whole lot of net access.

But If I can the next ones up should be The Swinging Suspended Floorless (like Nightmare in Kaleidoscope Canyon) and the Intamin Drop tour with 4 working sides.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    ^ At least update one of those hacks! Please?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    what to update about those hacks ... ????
    maybe GigaG you should try to make a tutorial of your own. there are enough of tutorials lost already. and its never bad to write a new tutorial about something or rewrite one cause sometimes the screens are dead or there is a faster way.
    maybe if you started making some we would be more intrested in making tutorials again also. or we were more willing to help you.
    Also its quite depressing if you help someone and then see the park scrapped two months later. thats one of the reasons I'm not really intrested in spending much time for you cause the changes are really high you wont finnish the park where its suppost to be ment for.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Hi!

Is it possible to use the Eurofighter-hack in RCT2 too?
    I tried it the same way you did with zero clearances, but it won't work.
    Using the other merging method via track raising doesn't work either.

"MFG"
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    yes ive done it b4

are u using the same ride on both sides of the merge?
    and u also have to build them in the right order
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    yes ive done it b4

are u using the same ride on both sides of the merge?
    and u also have to build them in the right order
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Yeah, it's the same ride.
    So I have to merge the bottom first then the top part?
    I doubt that's the solution but I try it again.

EDIT: Found the solution. The track weren't at the same height. Thanks Roomie!

"MFG"
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    its the order u build the parts u merge in each merge.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Sorry for bumping, but when will the next update be? I love roomie's hacks.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    I just tried the Eurofighter drop hack in RCT2 and when the car reached the other end of the beyond vertical track I got an error trapper.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    hey got screens?
    Or if you want i can take a look at it in game?
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Lost it with the error trapper, when I rebuild I'll send it your way. Thanks man.
  • birthdaybrian%s's Photo
    Nice tutorial! :)
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Wow, four month bump. Bad, baaad idea.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading