Ask the Experts / Basic Hacking Tips and Tricks

• Roomie%s's Photo
    I've split this tutorial into 2 with the addition of the Image limit in this forum.
    Now as requested all images should work.

Enjoy
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Can someone give me the dat of this coaster? This coaster works on RCT2?
    Posted Image
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Thats just the standard Corkscrew coaster in LL. Just one place over the top of another.
    Although any hack in this thread will work in RCT2 i believe.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    ok, but thank you anyway! :)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    You da man, Roomie.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Is there any way to do the luge hack with a multi-dimensional coaster and a hacked lift speed? To create something like a makeshift wingrider. Since I currently have to port whatever my current project is over to my laptop to do any merging, experimenting isn't my strong suit at the moment.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I can't see why that wouldn't work Ling. You would have to use a coaster with boosters as standard for the station but yes it should work without too much issue.

Although it might be easier to add in the custom wing rider trains.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I just hate the look of those. But since there is no ride with flat launch track in RCT2 (except the reverse freefall coaster), I'm not sure the slowing effect of a hacked lift hill would work the same way...

EDIT: theoretically B&M launched track should work just the same, even though it's angled, yes? Just gotta get the train there.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Do the corkscrew\steel coaster not have flat launched track in RCT2?. I'm a tad ignorant on RCT 2 here.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Neither one has it.
  • Project XW%s's Photo
    Hi, for the lift hill walkway trick, I couldn't lower the wooden track using 8cars, cuz 8cars keeps getting error when i try to raise/lower. Is there another alternative for it? Thanks in advance.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Hi, for the lift hill walkway trick, I couldn't lower the wooden track using 8cars, cuz 8cars keeps getting error when i try to raise/lower. Is there another alternative for it? Thanks in advance.

In rct2, which i presume you use because 8cars is for that, use multidemenisional track with chainlift, and backwards zero cleareance that in.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    You will probably need to get some form of Windows XP (be it XP Mode, dual boot, another computer, or another piece of virtual software) running with RCT2 and 8cars inside it, if you want to get the rides menu of 8cars working. I have the same problem and must use XP Mode via VMWare Player. Same for LL and 4cars.
  • Project XW%s's Photo

In rct2, which i presume you use because 8cars is for that, use multidemenisional track with chainlift, and backwards zero cleareance that in.

You will probably need to get some form of Windows XP (be it XP Mode, dual boot, another computer, or another piece of virtual software) running with RCT2 and 8cars inside it, if you want to get the rides menu of 8cars working. I have the same problem and must use XP Mode via VMWare Player. Same for LL and 4cars.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them! :D
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Unpinned to clean up this forum.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

I'm getting an error trapper just trying to make the retro-style monorail track invisible using crooked house setting for track type. I thought it would be a piece of cake, but it's not working. Any ideas?

• Stoksy%s's Photo

^Do you have any large turns?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Any piece that starts or ends on a diagonal or vertical will not work with crooked house.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Ah, that's probably it. I have a good amount of diagonal track. :D

EDIT: I can get it to work now, but after a minute or two an error trapper comes up. There are no diagonal turns, the track doesn't have any inclines/declines, and no s-bends. It's just straight track, 90 deg turns and stations.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading