Ask the Experts / Basic Hacking Tips and Tricks

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Ha but thanks.

I've been meaning to add to this for ages. i really should do something to it. there's so much more to add
  • TwistedSteel77%s's Photo
    Hey there! I have RCT2, and i used zero clearance to work on a few coasters. My problem is, is that even when i set back the clearances, the graphics still are a little choppy, etc. Sorry if it's been said before, but is there anyway i can avoid this or fix it? I was using 8 cars per trainer. Thanks!
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey

Sorry i cant help more as I'm not really and RCT 2 player. But i get this in LL with Codex Trainer... The Beast trainer seems to work much better for restoring ALL clearances.

Perhaps trying another trainer?
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Sometimes 8cars v.1320 doesn't restore clearances properly. I've found that using v.1302 to zero/restore clearances is the best option as it always fully restores clearances.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    what hack program? do u use for merging tracks and creating lim launched coasters when they arent even lim launched
  • musicman%s's Photo
    que?
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    for rct2 what hacking i guess program u would call it to stop it from saying that the track must be a complete circuit
  • EXeL}ErAT0R%s's Photo
    8cars.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    what is the download for it
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    try doing some searches like all of us had too. I'm sure you'll find it in no time.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    is it the son of beast trainer cuz that is the one i have found
  • Levis%s's Photo
    can be done with SOB but the 8cars is easier. check here in the subforum. there are enough links to it.
    just put the track to a other operating mode like boat hire or powered launch (I would pick this one for testing and when it works set it to boat hire).
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    this probably sounds like a stupid question... but how do I make a coaster launch in LL? making the lift hill speed higher in 4cars doesn't do anything for me. just rolling slowly down the launch section.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey

There are 2 ways. The most simple is to use a trainer to change the operating mode to Powered Launch. This will however launch directly from the station like an Intamin Rocket.

The 2nd is to make sure your station track is a ride that has the ability to use Boosters (Corkscrew Coaster, Steel Coaster etc) and then have a booster section to launch the train (this can then be done away from the station). The rest of track on the coaster can be any type you like but the station track itself must be a coaster with boosters available.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    right, I forgot boosters existed... thanks bud :D

sorry, one more thing- can I make it launch faster than 67 mph?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    sorry to double post, but...

Posted Image

how do I hack this? I can hack regularly with codex but every time I try with a rapids ride everything gets screwed up. (I know I might have to put straight regular track before and after the drop)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Do you have a bit more detail? are you just trying to merge at the top and the bottom?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    exactly. Every time I merge (keep in mind I sorted out the straight track thing) it just doesn't work and it says incomplete circuit or whatever. is there a special way to handle rapids?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Hey Roomie! Have any idea how these are done? In Sea World Sydney around the B&M flyer, the land used as footers are like a 1/4 high or a different height. Just curious how this was done becuase I can't figure it out :)

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I know how to do this. Ill show you soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading