(Archive) Advertising District / MGM's Golden Age of Hollywood

• Scarface%s's Photo
    looks great
    but i still wanna know how you did that big circle in the first screen !!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    *sneezes*

Amazingly fantastic - great to see people still using RCT, especially when it's of this quality. Really, I can't wait to see this park in person!
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Mantis, if you want to see the park, all you have to do is find me on AIM sometime (I know it's rare these days) and I'd be happy te send it your way. I am looking for suggestions for a certain area of the park at the moment so I'd love your input. Thanks for the comments everyone.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Well, I meant when it's finished and released as spotlight *L* But if you need a tester...it'd be awesome!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Park looks amazing as usual, lots of hacking work in there, I feel sorry for all that extra work you have to do. :p
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    great hacking it almost looked like rct2 there for a second
  • Toon%s's Photo

Bitching.

It reminds me of TLCA's entrance.

Ok, I'll show my ignorance....

TLCA?
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    I would guess TyLine California...

But anyways, I love it. It has the older-type movie-feel thing going on. Nothing really bad to say.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    March 10, 2003

MGM has announced construction is nearly complete on Hollywood Blvd. Ride construction has begun on a Mine Cart Ride in the King Solomon's Mines area of the park. Early pictures of some architecture should be released later in the day.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yay! I can't believe how bloody amazing some of the RCT work is at the moment. Really, people who've left the game are missing out :D

Hit us with some screens, booya!

(i'm on a...um...sugar high)
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    That looks very creative, very. There is so much detail in there its unreal, I really like the aztec bricks on the side of that big buildings and also that roof of the Bumper Cars looks good as well. It all looks very colourful and creative, good job.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Sounds good, looks good, very nice indeed.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    how have you done that with the dodgems ?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Adam - it involved the Dragonsv5 trainer's "bury this" function, at least it does when I do it. Place a bit of track or a stall or something inside the dodgems (using beast's zero clearances), then load up the dragonsv5 and bury the track/stall. Then delete it.

Tar-Dah, you have a partly-buried dodgems.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    oo very nice.................good idea toon ;)
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I actually used the set scenery to height function...built the dodgems on top of the building and dropped em to where I wanted....different techniques same result!
  • Toon%s's Photo
    March 10, 2003

Aw to hell with the advertising campaign...takes way to much thought. Here's a pic

Posted Image
    Entrance to Solomon's Mines area

Not a huge pic as I don't want to show too much and there isn't too much to show right now.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Looks very nice. Very very nice. Last screen is cool. I just love the hacking and detail.. Its amazing. Great job

Turtleman 8)
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    that entrance to solomons mines is just plain badass.... :0
  • Mr. Glass%s's Photo
    All of these sceens look absolutley incredible. I love your architecture. The way you incorporate the rides into the scenery and architecture is great. I'm getting kind of tired of seeing the rides being used the same way all the time and to see people attempting different things is very refreshing.

Keep up the great work.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading