(Archive) Advertising District / I want the view from the top of the hill

• prodigy%s's Photo
    General Information:

- map size: 150 x 150
    - time-line: from 1975 - 2005
    - number of coasters: 8
    - number of waterrides: 2
    - number of other attractions: 10 - 15

This will be my last RCT2-Project. I'll try to do my best.

1975:

We´re writing the year 1975 when there rises a new theme-park in Virginia. It's only a small park with one coaster (a Schwarzkopf City Jet) and several other smaller rides. But the estate offers much to grow in the future.

Posted Image

(similar to rcdb)

It is rumored, that there will come something big for the year 1978, and that the planing already had started together with a company from Clearfield.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    That looks great!

Just don't retire, please...
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    The time, I could spend with RCT2, becomes decreasingly, so I think it'll be the best to finish with one big project, than with several small projects. But to finish this it'll take 6 - 12 month, so I'm still here for a while, don't worry.

Nobody else who wants to say something concerning to the pic???
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Looks really good, good use of landblocks.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    JUST MAKE SURE IT DOESNT SLIP UP WHERE VALIUM SKIES DID
    cause srsly that thing could have been phenominal if the park layout was better.
    maybe we can talk at some point cause if this IS your final project i want it to be as good as it can be, and get you that damn spotlight.

screen: dude that is so awesome. i did a larger version of this (thus different design) but you got the design of that coaster nailed. schwarzkopf made so many awesome rides. the station looks really really nice from what i can see, and the supports/ metal things on the floor are really cool. the landblocks andfoliage are just beautiful.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love it.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Very good but I agree with Sammy, get some good players to give you constant feedback on your park to make sure its doing what it should. I think if you get your park layouts sorted and plan a little bit better you could definitely get spotlight for your last project.

I know we may have you still for a year or so but It's pretty sad this is your last project.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I heard people say that before and they always return sooner or later! If RCT is a real hobby you can't just stop playing.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    THX for the comments! This park will be different from Valium Skies in many ways, that's for sure. But Sammys idea is very good.

Very good but I agree with Sammy, get some good players to give you constant feedback on your park to make sure its doing what it should.

So what's about you, you are parkmaker. Would you do this job? Also I would be very happy if CP6 would help with feedback, too. I would send both of you the sv6.file each one or two month.
    Atm I'm building an arrow looping coaster similar to Loch Ness Monster. When I'm ready with that I would send the file the first time for feedback, ok?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    you can send the park to me too if you like, but id understand if you just wanted parkmakers to do it. ive always got the time to give full, solid feedback, so im always an option if you need it :)
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    Nice to see a new project of you prodigy :). Looks really nice and it would be great, if you could write me on icq, because I would like to give you feedback, too. I'm not the best builder on ne, but I think some feedback is always nice.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I'd be glad to take a look at your park and give you detailed feedback. You're welcome to send it to me anytime!

What you have in this screenshot is very impressive. I really like to see old school Schwarzkopfs, especially these. It would've been nice if you could've put a helix or something lower to the ground at the end so you didn't have to have that nice size drop at the end. But I'm not sure that's really possible. Keeping the standard supports actually works pretty well here... major points for having the ground structure so it looks portable, yet seems to have been there a while with the weeds that have grown.
    The theming is a little over the top, perhaps-- referring to the rock structure. I think I get what you're trying to go for here, with the rock facade you sometimes see on some traveling coasters and stuff. It works pretty well here. I can't say much for the station since I can't see the front of it, but I do like the way it wraps around the corner. That's cool.

Anyway, nice job with what's there so far. Looking forward to seeing more. Your work is great, and hopefully you'll have an even better park this time then last time. I think if you increase the density of your buildings and rides and have less open space along the path, it'll turn out a lot better. Good luck.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    man, that is awesome. The area in the screen here would make a lovely micro park by itself- the tunnel theming is awesome. I feel like the real-life ones have a bit more support lattice, particularly if they're portable models that've been permanently placed, but I love the ground supports you've done.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Ok, thx. I think I'll send you (][, CP6, JK, Sam, Colo, Turbin3) the first saved-game file in ca. one month, cause actually there is not enough built and I have not so much time to build atm.
  • Howl%s's Photo
    This is going to be something.
  • J K%s's Photo

THX for the comments! This park will be different from Valium Skies in many ways, that's for sure. But Sammys idea is very good.

So what's about you, you are parkmaker. Would you do this job? Also I would be very happy if CP6 would help with feedback, too. I would send both of you the sv6.file each one or two month.
    Atm I'm building an arrow looping coaster similar to Loch Ness Monster. When I'm ready with that I would send the file the first time for feedback, ok?

Ofcourse you can! I'd be very happy to help. I wouldn't be the best for guidance on realism but I sure know aesthetics, ideas and planning. :D
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    The year is 1978 now, and we present you the brand new Arrow Dynamics 2-inversions-coaster "Aerodynamic":

Posted Image

Posted Image

[First feedback-sv.6 will go out in ca. 1 month]
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's good. But I don't understand the point of the support structure in the 2nd screen cause in the 1st screen supports are in the water so why aren't they allowed to be built in the water in the 2nd.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Because it looks beautiful.

I think you should lose the white water or the floating plants. (pick the white water please! :D)
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    That looks fantastic. Really really nice. Definitely has the Loch Ness Monster Feel to it. Looking forward to seeing the layout.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading