(Archive) Advertising District / I want the view from the top of the hill

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    Fine i'll shut up
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    win
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I'd enter mine too but, there's a reason they call me K0NG.....I'd hate to make y'all feel bad.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    ^So that's what the 0 in K0NG means. 0 inches.
    uh oh guys, we have a comedic genius over here
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i was gonna make that joke but dang dark horse, you beat me to it.
    dont worry tracid.
    i'm sure one of these days it'll be your turn to be blessed with the great opportunity to make a joke about the shlong of the kong

Edited by In:Cities, 19 January 2010 - 03:10 PM.

• prodigy%s's Photo
    park entrance:

Posted Image
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i feel as though the two smaller kiosks should be higher, with some sort of brown base, instead of white. it feels unballance, thats all. i forgot to ask, with this be properly peepable, as opposed to wannabe peepable like VS :p
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Cool idea with the slides, but it might be overkill, not sure
    Loving the park overall though
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    For a park that started in 1975, I would love to see some large, mature trees (maybe even custom) in planters breaking up some of that path/providing shade to people waiting outside the entrance for the park to open. Some signage would be nice as well. I really like the structure itself; it has a sort of antique quality but appears to have been renovated once or twice during the park's history. I would see what the darker brown or tan looks like on the structure if I were you.

And for Nessie's brother, I would like to see you attempt to recreate the old arrow loop support structure. Everything else is so refined with that coaster that I'm confident you'll pull it off.
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo
    Your entrance Looks great but I like the way you put the slides as a Scenery peice it just look like the old days.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Very classic buildings, makes me think of cedar point. I do think it could use some added greenery.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Phatage is right with the large trees. There's a pretty big expanse of path right now for (what I expect is) a small park. Trees inside the octagons of that existing planter would be great.. tall trunk with a wide canopy for shade. I'd attempt to minimize path and instead have some larger treed areas-- maybe a few single path sections that could be like a nature walk or just a waiting area.
    The buildings themselves have a really nice character to them, especially with the slides. I do think you could benefit from a more varied height-- maybe make the strip in the back a little taller (if that's possible). You could probably do with a color or two on the actual architecture so you're not stuck with gray, brown, and white. That trim could look great with some accent colors.
    A pretty solid screen already, but I think you can make it even better. Good luck!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Whilst the idea with the spiral slides is great, I think the execution isn't. I just don't think it is that effective.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I really like all of it so far.Some big trees would look great though
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Looks pretty good, I love the idea with the spiral slides. :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The slides are nice but there is just to much, the one in the middle of the main building could be done nicely is you put something else in that spot.
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo

The slides are nice but there is just to much, the one in the middle of the main building could be done nicely is you put something else in that spot.

Too much? There is nothing to change for Prodigy atm I am happy with everything though.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Still unfinished... benches and dustbins will be added later...

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading