(Archive) Advertising District / I want the view from the top of the hill

• turbin3%s's Photo
    I love the arch-bridge over the river <3
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    :o
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Looking at the bottoms of the drop I see that this is an HUGELY merged coaster!!!!!

It looks really good but the first has very much going on so its had to focus, But the diagonal bridge structure is one of the coolest ways I've ever seen for a lift-hill support...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Make it 7 cars on the train and you're set my friend. That looks fantastic.
    -JDP
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Looking at the bottoms of the drop I see that this is an HUGELY merged coaster!!!!!

I didn't notice because it looks so natural! Nice merge.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Make it 7 cars on the train and you're set my friend. That looks fantastic.
    -JDP

That is probably the reason why it has 6 cars JDP, when you merge, you need to choose a different operating mode, he probably has boat hire mode, and that only allows you to have the number of trains that fit in the station. 

I really like it Prodigy, the layout is looking great my friend (as does the rest of the park). And the diagonal bridge is a winner, didn't thought that it would look that cool. 

@ Liampie, agreed, probably because of it's the same track style, and he merged it on the steep parts. 
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Looks like something from atari forums.
    Anyway i love it!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    its funny cause you dont need to merge to get that track on a corkscrew coaster. hypercoaster and corkscrew are under the smae tracktype on 8cars. 8cars track select is your friend.
  • Cena%s's Photo

its funny cause you dont need to merge to get that track on a corkscrew coaster. hypercoaster and corkscrew are under the smae tracktype on 8cars. 8cars track select is your friend.

Sometimes that causes problems with reliability of the ride, it breakdowns often then, so merging is the best solution, but agreed, when you first build it with B&M track and change it, it should work too. Merging is better tough. 
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    THX @ all for the comments.

@ JDP: Arrow Looping Coasters have 6 or 7 cars per train, so what's wrong about 6 cars in this coaster? The station is to short for 7 and I don't want to change the layout.

@ Goliath123: I'd never been to the atari-forum, maybe you can put a link in here to that pic you mean, that I know what you mean...

@ SSSammy: I did it with normal merges.
  • JDP%s's Photo

That is probably the reason why it has 6 cars JDP, when you merge, you need to choose a different operating mode, he probably has boat hire mode, and that only allows you to have the number of trains that fit in the station. 

:rolleyes:

And yeah sometimes Arrows have 6 cars, but that is usually for a smaller layout. I would suggest using 7 cars regardless and only use one train if you have to and then hack one on the transfer track. Orient Express and Loch Ness Monster both have/had 7 cars per train.
    -JDP
  • nin%s's Photo
    Wow, the track merge is superb, never thought of doing that. The arch over the bride is fantastic and everything looks so great- except for the foliage, though it may just not be the style I prefer.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8JByJiuHsT4

http://www.ataricomm...ad.php?t=670531

There you go, the utube is the coaster, forums is the park :)
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    I'm really liking the look of this. The arch support thing is cool as hell
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I really love that arch. What about the arches over the loops, though?
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    THX @ all!

@ Goliath123: ???That's RCT3??? You should take a look here: rcdb. I think than it will be clear, both coasters are much inspired by "Loch Ness Monster", that's the only similarity.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Goliath loves to fail.
    -JDP
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Jees man i know what LNM is, i tried buit failed(haha) at recreating BGE. I probably know more about coasters then you do, no offence.

it reminded me of that first, no need to get angry. And JDP, just shut up please, in no way did i fail, i just thought of Vehmuch first, can you just get off my back please?
  • prodigy%s's Photo

Jees man i know what LNM is, i tried buit failed(haha) at recreating BGE.

If so, why did you compare my coaster to this rct3-coaster and not to Loch Ness Monster. I mean it should be totaly clear, that both coasters are advertised by the real Loch Ness Monster coaster and not by each other, I'd never seen that rct3-coaster before...

I probably know more about coasters then you do, no offence.

You are a very very funny man!

it reminded me of that first, no need to get angry.

Who gets angry???

You are a very very funny man!

And JDP, just shut up please, in no way did i fail, i just thought of Vehmuch first, can you just get off my back please?

Why??? JDP is still right, so...

Edited by prodigy, 18 January 2010 - 08:56 PM.

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Hey, while we're measuring, I'd like to enter my dick in the contest, too.

(Screens look pretty sweet. I have no idea why the arch is there, but it certainly looks awesome.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading