(Archive) Advertising District / Starpointe

• Kumba%s's Photo
    The subway sign would be pretty hard to see where it is, move it forward one tile.

Very nice work, this is one of the parks I am looking forward to the most.
  • pashearer23%s's Photo
    Im looking forward to seeing this in person! :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Now, would you look at effing that.
    That's AMAZING.
  • trav%s's Photo
    It's obviously a big improvement but is there anyway to emulate the sign/logo that you have in the first screen? I like that.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    I liked the sign in the first screen better. Other than that it's a helluva improvement. The atmosphere is incredible. If you put the sign in the first screen into the second it will be 100% perfect.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Looks amazing, so perfect. :X

But kumba's right about the sign, it's not visible for the peeps.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I saw that first screen and thought, this is sweet but he can do better.
    Then I scrolled down and saw how you improved it even more. I did like how you did that subway logo though, imo one of those little things.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    very cute.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    What's amazing is the only major change is the Subway, but there are all sorts of small changes that really add to the screen and area as a whole, and I applaud you for going the extra mile to make everything perfect. Well done sir.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Awesome to see your sprucing stuff up, but be careful you dont get caught up in an endless cycle of rebuilding old work.
    And TBH I liked the original subway! Not better than the new one but I didnt think there was a thing wrong with the old lol.
    Keep it up man.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think the Subway sign should be the same design as it was before, but moved on top of the flat black roof, so the peepies can see it. Other than that, amazing.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I didn't really see the point in updating that area, but still, it looks great :) I just hope you know when to stop updating old work :p
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    great work, the composition in the screen is near perfection.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Don't worry Louis, I think he does. But I Can't stop being amazed by his ability to do it. I know I often get attached to things and then refuse to change them even when they have major issues. The fact that he can detached himself and update this to something way more interesting is fantastic. I also love seeing the two shots side by side.

I won't lie, the updates and changes you have shown make me all the more excited to see this again as a finished product. I believe you have the skills to really turn this things around when it comes to atmosphere. Well done!

Also, LONG LIVE HEAVEN'S KITCHEN!!

FK
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I appreciate everyone's concern about redoing so much of the park, but it has really come down to pleasing myself rather than just releasing a park as fast as possible. As for this most recent renovation, I agree about the Subway sign and I have already changed it back and it looks much better. The old subway was just so blocky and the foliage surrounding it was really mediocre. I really wanted that area to blend in well to the rapids by adding some rock work and some more wilderness like foliage. All-in-all I am really happy with this renovation and it only took me about an hour or two.

This was the first time I had opened the park in a few months and I am quite driven at the moment. With that said I would like to get this done by late November/early December and hopefully push for a Christmas release.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Please do, I'd love to see this released before the year is out!
    The screen looks fantastic and the building blends in with the surroudings nicely.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You're my only hope for a 2012 spotlight. Don't think I'll get one.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I like the 1k ruins.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    ^So did your team... ;)
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    Perfect. Just perfect. :drool:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading