(Archive) Advertising District / Korean Dump Place

• Wanted%s's Photo
    OH MY FUCKING GOD!

http://rctschoolkore...-7-by-freerider
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

From the topic Wanted just posted...

That balloon is awesome. My sort of parkmaking right there :)
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    lol now i know how columbus must have feeled when he found the new world :D
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I was slightly pessimistic at first as I've not really enjoyed any Korean releases so far. They always felt a bit over packed with the same thing. Which is fairly impressive but not overly interesting. I do like some of the recent screens shown though. They seem to show a bit more restraint.

I think NGT has the best idea for people being able to see their work though and integrate communities though. As much as i like the idea of a load more RCT players coming to NE how are you going to communicate?

Maybe someone needs to look for a bit of javascript that lets people edit a screen posted in browser with different coloured boxes to highlight what your referring to. With some sort of happy/sad,good/bad or red to green image based system could be created to get over the communication problem
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    ^^ Haha yeah, I'm feeling the same, honestly if just a few of those incredible players were to join NE and actively take part it would bring new life to the community, and I think it would be safe first then to say we're the best RCT2 community there is...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I love this :)

I may get a bit of grief about this but currently the best bit about this is that its not NE.

Over the years we have developed our own style of parks here and i think it's really interesting to see in which direction a completely different set of people with very little input from our site has taken the game.
    In my opinion these parks are fantastically different from many of the parks we get round here and are a breath of fresh air.

Don't get me wrong, I love our community here and the parks we produce but it's great to see something a little different from our eastern bretheren. :)

Something that really appeals to me is the use of land elevation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And + as a brit this is awesome :)

Posted Image

edit: reuploaded pics so they work on NE. Original versions can be found on RCT School
  • Levis%s's Photo
    RCT Olympics anyone?
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    These guys love water don't they? :)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I don't know how big their community is, but judging by the amount of comments on the screens I think it's not so small.

I don't know if they really have anything like a structured forum, which seems like it has a nicer structure.. or if this is it.

Possibly we could set up a Korean place for them at NE? Or possibly integrate a translator into the forum?

People that play RCT2 (semi-)seriously are really few and far between, I think we should cherish everyone of them and make sure there is the best communication possible between communities.

What I see in their parks is quite a lot of talent. Just as they could learn from us, we could learn from them. Their take on RCT seems very different to ours, but quite impressive at the same time.

They seem to like us! ;)
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    ^I don't know shit about coding but a translator feels like an easy thing to add. If not embedded in the toolbar when you post, just a link to google translate or something. With simple sentences there should be no confusion, although it can be hard to give crit without being able to use difficult words/sentences... Damn language barrier. The more good players on NE the better for the community as a whole! Seeing their amazing stuff certainly makes me inspired, and so I imagine many others here.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    This is one of the most exciting things to happen to the community for a long time! Some of those screens are incredible, IMO better than 85% of the stuff coming out of NE at the moment.

I was actually searching Google a few weeks back for alternate RCT fan sites around the world but couldn't come up with anything.

I agree that if we could find a way to integrate them into this community it would really add a breath of fresh air to the site and we could feed off one another and would spur on a new wave of parkmaking! Plus the prospect of an RCT World Championships is crazy cool! I'm excited.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    I don't have the best knowledge of their language, but I believe the verb is at the end of the sentence, so I don't know how confusing that might get...
    My dad is in touch with Korean's through email at work and he says it got off to a rocky start because they were saying things like "don't do this no" actually meant to do it.

I hope this works out but I just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    WOW! OLD TRAFFORD! <3! I'm shocked to finally see an rct rec of it... About time though :D

Forever United! <3 :p
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    some of these parks are incredible! I had no idea there was such an active community over there. That's really cool. My favorite so far is elquines by salamender.

freerider is such a beast too

Edited by Cocoa, 29 March 2010 - 01:13 PM.

• Wanted%s's Photo
    We neeeeeeed them to register here.

NGT give them a tutorial on how to register here and how to post!
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo

We neeeeeeed them to register here.

NGT give them a tutorial on how to register here and how to post!

I'm trying :nod:
    I'm going to make a thread on RCT School "How to post a picture on NE" for Korean players

(but some people told me that they cannot even browse NE for some reason, maybe IP thing?)
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    How about you create a thread on their forums for them to post pictures on their forums. In return you post their pictures and their names in this thread!
  • posix%s's Photo
    would be great to see some of them post their screens here.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    For those of you too lazy to click the links.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Freerider_01.jpg
    • Attached Image: Freerider_02.jpg
    • Attached Image: Freerider_03.jpg
    • Attached Image: Freerider_04.jpg
    • Attached Image: Salamander_01.jpg
    • Attached Image: Zenosbleed_01.jpg
  • RRP%s's Photo
    shame no one from korea seems to be able to build coasters

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading