(Archive) Advertising District / Korean Dump Place

• J K%s's Photo
    I'm sure they say that about the lack of our fantasy parks.
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo

shame no one from korea seems to be able to build coasters

there are many track designers in RCT School
    here are some pictures I've found

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blackbeat by TDK

Posted Image

Korean Flag something; by Manymaster

Posted Image

Track by Mangonism

Posted Image

Posted Image

Track Design by FreeRider

Edited by NGT Amusements, 29 March 2010 - 03:21 PM.

• posix%s's Photo
    oh wow so rct2 does exist in hangul. the screens are pretty wowing. i wonder why there seems to be such strong focus on fantasy parkmaking though.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I think their lack of realistic/aesthetically charming coasters coupled with an abundance of fantasy parks probably reflects the fact that Korea isn't blessed with the same amount of heritage or sheer number in themeparks that the USA or Europe has.

Hopefully if we can encourage them to participate in NE's community they can evolve this ability and we can appreciate and learn from their fresh take on fantasy parkmaking.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    What I wonder is what parks they are wowed when they look at NE.

Do they keep that same attitude of fantasy parkmaking or do they love looking at our realism centric ideas?

Maybe both <3
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    NGT, I don't think that's what RRP meant... ;)

The first few screens are interesting to see. Purely track designing doesn't really live at NE. Freerider's screens are looking incredible.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    that last one with the purple coaster on the castle is incredible, and its a flowing, aesthetically pleasing coaster, unlike some of the other ones, like what rrp said.

Edited by Cocoa, 29 March 2010 - 04:05 PM.

• NGT Amusements%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    ^ NE section in RCT School

We (RCT School) really admires NE and we've been looking at all those H2H5 matches and many others
    people are wowing at most of the parks (bronze ~ spotlight) and trying to learn from them.
    NE is a goal of most korean rct2 players.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Posted Image

This is one of the coolest things I've seen.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    woah so like my design might be on that site? now that is an aweing thought. you should try to get them to join NE; even if their English is not great, it can be worked out somehow. more Korean players could be an amazing addition to the site imo.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

NE is a goal of most korean rct2 players.

Tell them they shouldn't feel inferior. Most korean parks I see there are guaranteed Silvers, some guaranteed Golds and perhaps one of them might even be a spotlight...
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    That tree on the third screen is the most creative thing I've ever seen!

And those lay-outs are extremely compact.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

oh wow so rct2 does exist in hangul. the screens are pretty wowing. i wonder why there seems to be such strong focus on fantasy parkmaking though.

I've always wondered that.. We've had our share of Korean(/Asian?) parkmakers over the years; guljam, freerider, beejer, school_jin for example, but they all made fantasy parks (maybe guljam's an exeption, can't recall exactly)..
    I think tpm is right though..

I'm not a fan of fantasy parkmaking in this form, but I must say some of these screens appeal to me better than previous Korean releases over here.. I guess the landscaping in that screen alpengeist posted is an example of why it attracts me more..
    I can only encourage more parkmakers from anywhere around the world to join NE, would only benefit this community..

SF
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Those roller coasters are fucking awful. And all this stuff is nothing new. Just looks like Levis's stuff but less defined.
    -JDP
  • turbin3%s's Photo

Those roller coasters are fucking awful.

I knew, that this was coming, haha. :lol:
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    FUCK off JDP. Seriously fuck you, stupid faggot. Who cares if the coasters aren't up to par with your anal faggotry? We are trying to get the Koreans over here not piss them off.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Nah if they can actually hang, they'll be able to take my comments into consideration. What you said was just obnoxious and you're not worth any of my time.
    -JDP
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Uhm, yeah. That's my park there! also found my micros with the search function. (their links have some english in 'em, hah.)

Would really like to google translate the comments, but even though I went through clicking all kinds of boxes and got to a part where I could fill in a name... it also asked for a social security number. So yeah.

My episode of trying to register for the Korean forum failed.

NGT, is there a way for me to register? I'd love to dig in. Google translate will do good enough, I think.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Those roller coasters are fucking awful. And all this stuff is nothing new. Just looks like Levis's stuff but less defined.
    -JDP

jdp has a point.people who appreciate the more realistic style of parkmaking like real coasters and all of the ins and outs that go with them
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    But what JDP continually fails to realize is that some of us really don't give a shit about realism. My draw dropped on a few of those compact coasters. Pure nostalgia.

Personally, I'm glad these guys are putting this kind of work out. I appreciate what you realistic guys put out, but I'm so bored of it all...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading