(Archive) Advertising District / Korean Dump Place

• Wanted%s's Photo
    lol your draw dropped

But really this thread shouldn't be an arguement about realism and fantasy! What they have do is unique and we shouldn't bash them. I want ALL of them to join this site no matter what form of parkmaking they do.

If they build realistic parks I'm not going to try and convert them to fantasy parkmaking.

By the way I just don't understand JDP's first post...really it makes no sense. He comes in here and completely bashes them for a style that is rare.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    who cares if its realistic.

i build whatever i think looks cool
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Posted Image
    ^ NE section in RCT School

We (RCT School) really admires NE and we've been looking at all those H2H5 matches and many others
    people are wowing at most of the parks (bronze ~ spotlight) and trying to learn from them.
    NE is a goal of most korean rct2 players.

FUCK!!!! So, this means even the Koreans know of my fucking failure in H2H5!!!!! And I bet they laughed their asses off too. FUCK!!! FUCK!!!

That's it...I'm moving to What.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    yes K0ng your reputation is spreading :)

JDP your comments were a tad harsh really. Sure they are not realistic but some of them are excellent fantasy designs. Reminds me of the good old Mala Days. :)
    Fantasy has been a dying art at NE for too long. Look at how our H2H team faired with a good whipping in pretty much every round.

I agree with the comment that perhaps their focus on Fantasy is somewhat dictated by their lack of large parks. Everland and Lotte World are both excellent parks but both have a fantasy style theme to some of their rides (take a look at Atlantis Adventure's Themeing).

However with Paramount already building a park in South Korea along with MGM and Universal buying up land for their own parks Korea looks like a pretty good place to be in the next few years :)

Paramount Construction: http://www.thethemep...vie-park-korea/
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I like this..
    As Roomie allready said, they focus purely on their imagination, and that results in very creatuve parks and coasters, not limmited by realism or any other "rules".
    It's refreshing and original..
    I like it.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Listen I know it's not supposed to be anything near realism. I feel that regardless of the style you're going for, a coaster should have good pacing and be able to represent itself. Overly themed chaotic coasters such as some of these are a waste of a ride imo. Parkmakers such as, ride6, turtle, and Six Frags have a lot of cool creative coaster ideas that also bring along decent pacing so it can be done.

The first thing I do when looking at a park is check out the coasters. I usually make all scenery invisible and watch the coaster just do it's thing. If the layout sucks, I won't even bother watching it with the scenery visible some times... that's just my taste for the game.
    -JDP
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I agree with JDP completely.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I second that. Its nothing to do with realistic theming. The stuff youve showed by them is great but coasters that crawl through elements at 2mph with seemingly random amounts of lift hills arent good. You cant really bring mala into this argument either becuase he could build good rides.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Altough I'm much more inclined to the fantasy style of RCT, I can see what both RRP and JDP mean. A coaster can be more or less realistic, that doesn't bother me, but if it's obvious the trains doesn't run the circuit as expected (over/underestimating speed) taking some elememts too slow/fast, simply put lacking flow, it bothers me. The same if the layout isn't aestethichally pleasing. That's a matter of personal tastes though (well it all is).
  • Roomie%s's Photo

I second that. Its nothing to do with realistic theming. The stuff youve showed by them is great but coasters that crawl through elements at 2mph with seemingly random amounts of lift hills arent good. You cant really bring mala into this argument either becuase he could build good rides.

Don't get me wrong. I see your point. What I disagree with is that these coasters are all badly paced or have random lifts.
    In my eyes Just because it doesn't the standard sequence of inversions or a layout we would ever see in real life doesn't make it a bad coaster.

For example these 2 screens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These both show what splitvision means. Neither are Realistic but both look brilliant. Both are aestethichally pleasing while maintaining that element of fantasy. Freeriders Duelers in The Island are the same.

By the same token

Posted Image

I don't like this anywhere near as much. it's not that good to look at and doesn't really sell it for me.

But as Splitvision said, it's a matter of preference and to each his own.

Note: I've not seen all of the rides in game so its impossible to comment on pacing of all of them.
  • J K%s's Photo

That tree on the third screen is the most creative thing I've ever seen!

Exactly my thoughts. It reminds me of some great anime movies that blow my mind.

Those roller coasters are fucking awful. And all this stuff is nothing new. Just looks like Levis's stuff but less defined.
    -JDP

I hated you here till you actually justified yourself a few posts later. Why not do that the first time?

But what JDP continually fails to realize is that some of us really don't give a shit about realism. My draw dropped on a few of those compact coasters. Pure nostalgia.

Personally, I'm glad these guys are putting this kind of work out. I appreciate what you realistic guys put out, but I'm so bored of it all...

I second you on this as well buddy. My jaw has only ever dropped at Cedarpoint's ,K0NG and Gee's realistic parks whereas fantasy or semi-realism gets me so inspired and I love this game more and more because of it. Most people love realism and I do to but most people can't do it right.

This is the best topic this year.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

This is the best topic this year.

Seconded. It's nice to actually have a fantasy/realism conversation after all of these years...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    the best part is no one has had a hernia about it and we've all seemed to settle our differences :) the great bitchfest of '10 is over! i mostly agree with MA on these such issues, and today is no different.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Historic event in the history of NE: Sometime spring/summer 2010, a dozen or so amazing Korean builders join the site and blows everyone away with their incredible fantasy parks, thus ending a long trend of realistic parks, and fantasy returns as the reigning style.

:party:
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^god i hope so
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I really doubt it. We've had years of unrealistic parks. Just look at the nestyle. People got bored of it. Im not saying i dont like whats been posted but i think your all getting a little excited over nothing. A couple of parks with huge height variations, the same theme over and over, some terrible coasters and we'll be back to normal
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Ah let us have our fun :p
    I reckon NE Style never went away. it just evolved into realism NEstyle.
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo
    More Koreans will join NE soon

I asked them to use this signature so NE can notice them.
    Posted Image
  • J K%s's Photo
    You're a legend! Tell them they are very welcome and I'm excited to see some really great parks from them.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    If they can talk English, I think we all would be happy so see them posting their stuff, the AD is dead atm. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading