Contests / Which would YOU prefer?

If NE were to do a contest this summer what would you prefer it be?

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    I think that can be decided upon if we do sign ups.. Then we can see which countries people are from and can make teams..

I think we shouldn't try for a h2h style contest, as that requires a lot of time, but I think some group parks could work.. Like 3 or 4 people on a park per round, and depending on the teams, have like a group stage, and a finals stage..

SF
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Yeah could work like that but the size schouldn't be too large,
    75x75 or something like that.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    what i enjoy is the organised-ness of it all.

seen as i finish in 2 weeks, i would be willing to moderate any kind of compitition, in a fashion much simelar to the role posix played in h2h5. teh epic SCALE of that compitition is what blew me away. there was deadlines and organising to be done... i think i would love to do that...
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I really think we should do something non team related this time.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    NCS Solo Contest?

Edited by Austin55, 06 June 2010 - 07:15 PM.

• Luketh%s's Photo
    Sorry if anyone suggested this already, I admit, I DID NOT read the topic, but what about a pick-up game?

8 players to pick from and 2 team captains that are voted on by the general public.

Team captains pick players one at a time, captain A makes his pick, captain B makes his, etc, etc. until all the players have been selected.

Then the teams build a park over a certain period of time.. just like a pick-up game of basketball.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^ So...all of 10 people would be able to participate? I don't think that'll fly. Maybe you SHOULD have read the topic first.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Yeah, you know, that would've been a good idea, and I usually do, but I didn't want to read through 3 pages of stuff.

It was just an idea, anyways, there COULD be 4 teams of 5 or 6 teams of 5, or whatever and they could play tournament style to the top. Just an idea.
  • nin%s's Photo

NCS Solo Contest?

this.

actually, even though i wont be reaching out to everyone here, would anyone be interested in a smaller QFTBX-like contest, but with ncso? I realize that cuts the possible entrants to like, 10, but still.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    ^I second that.

I'm liking any kind of QFTB style contest, NCS or not. With enough people it'd be more successful and more fun than anything else IMO.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Honestly I think I would be happy with ANYTHING as long as it's an NE contest THIS SUMMER.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    ^agreed, I can't wait to enter a contest here and match myself with the best of the community...

Although I'd really prefer a team based contest so I could learn from the more experienced players..

I'm still liking the RCTOlympics idea but challenge based
    like:
    RCT2 NCSO Design
    RCT2 CS Design
    RCT2 Park 50x50
    LL Design
    LL Park 50x50

I'd recommend nothing too large for obvious reasons and deadlines that can actually be met this way.

I'd say teams of at least 3 and a max of 5 players schould be able to be formed and USA can have a few teams depending on the people who are interested. You could use a bracket system like a tennis ladder and the entries are being judges by a panel, not by public vote cuz that wouldn't be fair to countries that aren't as well represented in this community like my own country Belgium. Also what do we do with LL challenges if some players do not own it?

I think I'll make a full write out of this and send it to the admins cuz I'd like to help them organise if needed.

-BelgianGuy-
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Tell us ANYTHING PLEASE.
  • nin%s's Photo
    NCSO QFTBX

Bracket style, no teams, multiple rounds (5?) where players are eliminated as they're beaten out, rounds include objectives similar to those of the first QFTB.

Bench will be supplied, but hey its ncso so you can throw in whatever objects are forgotten/was not able to be put in. Public voting, anonymous entries. Possible codes? Not sure on that as they seemed to be a hassle for some in h2h5, but there's the problem with people just looking at the aerials. We could have no aerials, as there's no custom scenery, but im not sure. Thoughts?

We already have a possible site to host it, similar to Kumba's MM contest, all we need now is interest.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea Nin, Sounds good. I'll help you out with it.

Maybe we could use the Old QTFB forum to post voting threads?
    Im excited, NCS is pretty popular lately and not to hard to work with (well, not as hard) so it could probably be pretty quick and fun to do. Who else is interested?

Edited by Austin55, 09 June 2010 - 08:24 PM.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    A QFTB would be awesome. But by having is NCSO you get rid of all those that want to use LL and all those that dont like building NCSO.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Yeah, I've been thinking into that as well. We have the means to run it, we just need some to help out with the LL portion.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Can we mix the QFTB and the world cup idea?
    Like first seed as normal, and then divide the brackets according to continent/country?

I do like the collaboration and origin aspect of the world cup contest idea though, so maybe have mini duo or group parks every round, with a particular challenge (like best woodie/steel coaster etc).. Would cut on the building load and we can have multiple rounds..

SF
  • nin%s's Photo
    Hey SF, could you send me a pm with a better explanation? I'd like to work that into it.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Sent :)

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading