News / NE4 Genesis

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I have three new requests ontop of the two I had previously (would still love to see those ideas implemented somehow)

Well one you already knew about and I think might have a solution for. Bassiclly the Idea was to have a subforum simialar to the old releases subforum, but it would order together any new posts for any park, such as when you comment on H2H parks the post would appear in both this subforum and the H2H forum. I know you could use "new posts" or something for this, but still it would make it easier IMO.

My next one is it would be cool if there was someway to display atleast a few of the most recent posts without actually having to click that link, maybe a ticker or something, IDK.

Third, Again I know this has been disscussed before but I would like to see direct links or atleast some type of dropdown menu to easily sort through parks in every page, including the forums. Bassiclly what Im saying is that it would be cool if the "release type" dropdown in the database would be everywhere, as I find myself using it alot and newcomers may utilize it somehow.

These are all small little critiques ofcourse, the forum and database and everything is still amazing, functional and drop dead good looking.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    if this site had a chat room or an IM system. It'd be amazing.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Yeah, I really wouldn't mind some form of IRC... I remember NE3 had a chat that nobody used. I honestly think it'd be the best way of getting small easy questions answered fast. On the downside, it MIGHT cause the Dump-Place to see a lack of posts.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    I agree with Dotro
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    It'd be also very useful for group projects and just discussions on recent accolades, park in progresses, and the general questions (whether RCT-related or not) to be answered quick.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    But we no longer need this. It was hardly used, except for the NE Awards and when you have the new personal message system it makes the chat almost completely un-needed.

The PM system allows multiple people to easily chat in what can only be described as a hidden topic, rather than a personal message.

There is no need for a chat system, most members use some form of MSN programme if the need is that urgent.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Well maybe the chat was hardly used because it was hard to operate.

I know this helps me a lot on TPR when I talk with other RCT2'ers. It might be hardly used but it is another function to the site that would rather help than take away.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    People will always be more active on MSN, just use that...
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea I agree, MSN is far superior for one on one chats and sharing screens or parks, and the PM system is great for group convo's.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Is the points system down right now
    Just wondering because the recent releases haven't awarded any points
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    They have to be manually updated. Which takes a while. Posix & Gee currently don't have a great deal of time on their hands and I've been away.

We try to update them after a major release.
  • posix%s's Photo

They have to be manually updated.

I had thought it happened automatically every night.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Well unless its been changed in the time I've been gone, because of the new updates to the system, Gee's been having to manually update them through the ACP.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Just wondering, what decides how many points people get in the current rank?
    and how do they go away and such ?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Just wondering, what decides how many points people get in the current rank?
    and how do they go away and such ?

Read the first post in the thread, dude. 8@
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

We try to update them after a major release.

What do you consider a major release? Is this a once a week thing or as you get time.

Thanks
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    By major release I meant an acolade release.

But yeah, it's whenever we have time really because it takes a while to do.
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Is NE celebrating 10th anniversary this year?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    10th anniversary, damn. We should celebrate with H2H.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I hear ya man I hear ya

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading