News / NE4 Genesis

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Hi!

Is there a direct url for the mobile version of NE?
    My phone always lands on the standard site...

Thanks in advance!

"MFG"
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    If this has been mentioned by someone else and I missed I am sorry but I keep getting the following message when I view topics here at NE since the the launch of the Genesis style.

This occurs in a drop down bar at the top of the page... It can be ignored or opened or cliked off.

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..."

The options are;
    "Display blocked content"
    "What's the risk?"

When I ignore it nothing bad happens, when I click it off nothing bad happens and when I choose to "Display blocked content" I see no difference in anything.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone is having this issue besides me or what may be the cause of it.

Thanks. :mantis:
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    it's goliath123's avatar, at least it is for me.
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    lol, it sure the hell is, I just went back to the last topic I saw the warring from and it was Kumba's design win and Goliath123's avatar had an "X" in it clicked allow blocked content and the "VS" showed up. What is the world could cause an avatar to have security issues?

Thanks for the info on that SSSammy. :)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Almost certainly, it will be because the avatar has an https:// address (so using SSL) and the security certificate for the domain has expired.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I can't download attachments from old pms that I sent. It says I don't have permission?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    wow - I cannot believe two months went by since NE4 finally saw the light of the day. Time is going by way too fast these days.
    The new NE feels and looks amazing. I couldn't stop myself from rummaging through the site for two hours even though my desk was packed with work. At least I managed to save the lunch from burning. ;)

Congratulations posix and gee on finally realizing your dream of the new NE and many thanks to everybody who has contributed to NE4. Also thank you for somewhat being part of it even though I couldn't contribute much.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    btw is there a statistic of how many parks where in the DB at a certain point cause it feels like everytime I look in it there are new parks. would be kinda cool to see a graph or something like that which shows the growing db :) .
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    One thing I'd like to see is a link to the forums on the bottom of a page, because atm if you want to go to the AD or any other forum you have to scroll all the way up, not that it bothers me since I've gotten quite used to it but I think this could be helpfull though....
  • J K%s's Photo
    I was just thinking the other day how good has NE4 been? We've seen so many releases with our awesome ranking system and even more players from around the world joining. Posix and Gee you've done yourselves proud.
  • posix%s's Photo

One thing I'd like to see is a link to the forums on the bottom of a page, because atm if you want to go to the AD or any other forum you have to scroll all the way up, not that it bothers me since I've gotten quite used to it but I think this could be helpfull though....

Use the home key on your keyboard.

I was just thinking the other day how good has NE4 been? We've seen so many releases with our awesome ranking system and even more players from around the world joining. Posix and Gee you've done yourselves proud.

I agree J K. Maybe the best thing about NE4 is how it blew our release preparation troubles away. We now have a continuous flow of releases each week.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I've always wondered, and sorry if it's already been asked, but is there a reason why you can't get to the release forum from the forum index
    Or maybe there is, idk...
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think our idea was to replace the release forum with the standard database view.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Ok, makes sense
    Only difference is you don't get notified of new posts but that's really fine for that forum
  • posix%s's Photo
    I see the problem. We had hoped people would look on the frontpage enough. But I myself realise I don't. There's certainly room for improvement.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    If I remember right posix, the first time I noticed you country flag it was for mexico, and now it's for england. I also remember see other members randomly changing their home contry flag. Either it's a glitch with ne4 or people have been moving to other countries rapidly.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I've never had a Mexican flag, it was German. I have in fact moved to the UK though. And Roomie for instance is moving places a lot due to his job. Please don't suspect a glitch so quickly.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

If I remember right posix, the first time I noticed you country flag it was for mexico, and now it's for england. I also remember see other members randomly changing their home contry flag. Either it's a glitch with ne4 or people have been moving to other countries rapidly.

It's not a glitch with NE. The code that produces those flags is based on your IP (actually, it's based on the IP of your DNS server.) If you run through a proxy service, or your ISP does, or they change your DNS server, it can show your connection as originating from a different location (for example, traceroute on my connection sometimes ends up in Atlanta or Richmond or Washington.) In Europe, that generally means a different country.

It's not something that can be fixed by anyone on NE.

-ACE
  • J K%s's Photo
    One glitch that I'm aware of is the post counts aren't updating themselves. I'm over 3,000 now but it still shows 2,884 or something like that when I post.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    that's a good point actually. i used to follow my post cound but not since ne4

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading