News / NE4 Genesis

• Maverick%s's Photo
    I'm confused. I understand wanting to take a break but I usually just do that. How many times have I gone years without a visit? It's really not as big a deal as it's becomming. If someone gets addicted to a website, when they leave they will seek out a new addiction. The healthy thing would be to spread your interests over several areas. But if this is how someone needs to realize this then good luck to them.
  • J K%s's Photo

See, this is why I just talk a shitload, rarely show anything and never release anything. SF hits #1 and goes nuts. I'm nuts enough as it is. I climb the rankings and I'm most assuredly Kumba in his 'prime'.

Lol. Kumba and I surely haven't felt the wrath of the park maker curse? Or RCTNW and Cedarpoint for that matter.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    that's cause you guys were vaccinated at birth. i did what i could to help all of you, but you know. you can't save everyone.
  • posix%s's Photo
    when i read posts like the above i just shudder to think what freaks must sit at the other side of the wire, i'm sorry. i SO did not do this site as to be some people's fix for their social despair or anxieties in real life. should any of you have that, which i get the idea actually is the case, then please, please, do me a favour and don't live any of it out in this forum. get help and get well.
  • verti%s's Photo
    You people scare me.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Wow, I guess productivity counts for something :)

I am very far removed from this community and rarely check up on it now, but I just happened to visit and was very impressed by the new site. The effort that went into the design and execution of this reformatted community is significant. I applaud the designers and creators. Although the official Parkmakers make this community interesting, its people like geewhiz and posix who make it worthwhile. I know I never would have been as involved in RCT if it were not for the community that supported it and the competition which drove it. You should consider creating another component to the site, one which acknowledges and celebrates those who have given their time, money, thought, creativity and love to the community. RCT would not have promoted and achieved the level of technical and artistic excellence it has without the help of the community creators, starting with the creator of Danimation, to Iris, Kumba and now to geewhiz and posix (and anyone else I left out). geewhiz and posix, you are continuing a tradition of opportunity. Even though I may not benefit from it now... thank you.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    oh, hi. :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    thanks nate :)
    happy to see you drop by.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Natelox? The Master off the Hall of Fame? Please make a comeback, the RCT community needs you!!!! You made six spotlights, could you please at least reach 7? The RCT community needs a boost.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    :-o
  • Maverick%s's Photo

Natelox? The Master off the Hall of Fame? Please make a comeback, the RCT community needs you!!!! You made six spotlights, could you please at least reach 7? The RCT community needs a boost.

So you're saying the creation of NE4 is not a positive influence on the community?
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    My link
    2 users are reading this topic.. 1 user 0 guests 0 anonymous.. and 1 scrollbar.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Yes, NE4 is benificial, but I'm talking park - wise.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    there have been so many releases recently. i don't know what you're on.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Sorry about the outburst previously.
    I wasn't really addicted though, just visited ne a bit too much :p
    So apologies, especially to posix, about my previous behaviour.
    I'll be checking new releases out sporadically but probably as a guest or something..

SF
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Now that Ive gotten really acclimated to the site and stuff I have two quick suggestions I think would improve it.

First is for the database. I dont know If anyone here has ever used google's 3D warehouse but there is a feature where users can create groups of models. I think this would be really cool to do in the database. I imagine it could be pretty hard to figure out how to do it and programing and coding it and suff, but I would enjoy it. Some examples could be like kindoff lame like "my favorite parks" or something, but people could make things such as "Designs with Floorless Coasters" or "H2H parks by the Flying Germans". Just a thought.

My second thing is a little different. Bassicly, I think there needs to be a bigger deal made out of spotlight parks. With legacies the other day I saw the banner, clicked the park, and had half of the writeup read before I even knew I was looking at a spotlight. It was rather uneventful. I mean, I dont really know what you could have done to hype it up really, maybe tease it before its released or change some of the forum art to signify it or something, I really dont know, but I think you guys get what I mean.
    (I was just going to PM this to posix and Gee but figured I could post here to see what everyone thinks)
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Why can't I access my messenger?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    ^Try looking in the forums?

http://www.nedesigns...=0
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    words of wisedom austin
  • Levis%s's Photo
    could there be a possebility in the DB to search for unfinnished parks also?
    I believe this is stored right? at least it does ask if the park is finnished during submission.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading