Music Forum / Albums your looking forward to

• Ablaze%s's Photo
    Well I have so many Cds that I am looking forward to this year I thought It would be cool to know what everybody else is looking forward to.

Here is my list

Spine Shank - Self Destructive Pattern: June 15th
    Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a day: March 10th
    Chimaira - The impossibilty of Reason: Unknown
    Deathride - Unknown
    Soilwork - April 21: Unknown
    Soul Demise - In Vein: Feb 24th
    Dimmu Borgir - Unknown
    Origin - Unknown

I have loads more but when I remember them I will update this list.
    Show everybody your list of wanted cds.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Rezonance Q
    Ultra beat

all dance / club music
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Despite my vast (actually, quite nonexistant) musical knowledge, I don't actually know the who/what/where/why/how, etcs of the music being released this year.

So, I can't say! Aren't I st00pid? Yes. But I'm certainly going to be looking forward to anything from the Blue Series (and Thirsty Ear in general), Ninja Tune, Polyvinyl, Quannum, Sub Pop, Mo' Wax and Anti- records.

I'll also be closely spying on the 'funk revival' scene for new releases. After all, if I couldn't catch the first wave of deep, hard, soulful and obscure funk, then I probably should be keeping a watch on the second, right?

Particularly when you can order so much of it on CD, via the web, these days. Like, um, here and stuff.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    eh nothing coming out that caught my eye
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Here we go...i don't really know of any albums coming out but a few...

Biohazard- "Kill or Be Killed"
    Godsmack- "Faceless" (yes i know its nu-metal sort of)

that's all i know of

-HaZaRd-
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    The only albums I'm really looking forward to are:

Tapeworm - a Maynard James Keenan from Tool and Trent Reznor from NIN side project super group thingy.

A Perfect Circle - Should be a good follow up album to the first one, even though they lost there bass player to Zwan. But they replaced her with Twiggy Ramirez from Marilyn Manson, who I believe is better.

And finally the biggest album that may or may not come out in 2003 that I am looking forward to is the new supergroup of Adrien Belew of King Crimson (guitar), Les Claypool of Primus (bass), and Danny Carey of Tool (drums). This should be an insane group full of great talent on all instruments, and will hopefully have the same success that Les had with his last supergroup Oysterhead.
  • Punkygog%s's Photo
    Cd's i'm looking for but already released..:

Nightwish: Wishmaster
    Blind Guardian:?
    Tristania: ?

I don't a lot...
  • DÃœKE%s's Photo
    I only know of the albums that matter...

Madonna - Hollywood (April 22)

M also has her box set coming out, 20 years of Madonna!
  • ThunderCat%s's Photo
    I think Stratovarius have a new album out this year. If so, then i am definately looking forward to that. I also think that Savatage and Trans-Siberian Orchestra are having new albums out. I really really hope they do!! *crosses fingers*
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i know madonna!... and a few others.. jeebus..
  • posix%s's Photo
    Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts

...though I've heard bad things of that album which are probably true :(
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts

I saw a video of theirs today and their singer is quite strange isnt he. A freind with weed is better...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Primarily Radiohead's new disc..set to come out June 10th. Especially since one of the band members said that this Radiohead CD is "full of sunshine". Ha ha. That's a good one.

The White Stripes' new CD comes out soon and I'm loving "Seven Nation Army", so that should be a worthy pickup.

At some point, A Perfect Circle's follow-up will come out...that point is still blurry.

Deftones are supposed to have a new CD sometime this year, which should be cool.
  • bokti%s's Photo
    If what you said about the Deftones is true, then this will be a good year indeed(even though they were at their epitome with Around the Fur).

I myself don't follow music that avidly, though. It may seem outlandish for me to be saying that, but it's true. I am like Chauncey, in a way. Enjoy music to an almost sexual extent, but can never be bothered to follow it. But some of the musicians mentioned I'll be looking for. A Perfect Circle rocksors my cocksors.
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    I have loved Deftones since the Adrenalin days and I have loved every album (Around the Fur and White Pony) after it. So, I guess I can't qait till the selt-titled comes out. Except, Chino's getting fat again, he was hotter before :rolleyes:

I also can't wait for:

The Blood Brothers-Burn, Piano Island, Burn
    Radiohead-TBA
    The Mars Volta-TBA
    A Perfect Circle-TBA
    Thrice-TBA
    Thursday-TBA
    Lost Prophets-TBA
    and others...
  • iris%s's Photo
    I'm not sure really what's coming out.
    Fabolous-Street Dreams
    That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Lost Prophets-TBA

Just like to say that Lost Prophets played at a little concert near my village in a town called Tunbridge Wells. They played there before they became famous and its weird because The Forum is such a small venue, its so small that it used to be used as public toilets.

Some quite big bands play their I don’t know why they could do major concerts and get more money but they choose an old toilet. Just to say Amen and Raging Speedhorn have played there before too.

Here is the website http://www.holytoilet.com/
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    I have seen Lost Prophets play here in the U.S. 2 times. They are great! Full of life, dancing, screaming, etc. They rock.

And yah, UK people are hot :w00t:
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

And yah, UK people are hot 

Ummm, Ill be going now...
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Okay, I just got an e-mail from Quannum records, the greatest hip-hop label bar-none, responsible for Latyrx, Blackalicious and DJ Shadow (even if the latter two's most recent albums were distributed by MCA).

They confirmed two releases for this year, one (which they said, and I quote, 'will be out before you can say royalty check!') is the new Life-Savas full leangth, good for me as the singles were all LP only, and from what I've heard of them, kick ass.

The second album is the much-hyped, much-famed Lyrics Born solo-album, which is almost as mythical in stature as the new Guns and Roses LP, only, Lyrics Born doesn't suck and he hasn't been wasting studio time by eating tons of cookies, either (I hope).

Anyways, I'm definetly awaiting those two. I'm also awaiting Antipop Cosortium vs Matthew Shipp comming out in March (I think) on the Blue Series.

After all, what do you get when you take the 'Sun Ra of hip-hop' and mix it with the 'Modern day Sun Ra'? A fucking kick-ass album, even if it has nothing to do with Sun Ra (which I actually hope, it doesn't).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading