Music Forum / Albums your looking forward to

• mantis%s's Photo
    The White Stripes' album "Elephant" will hopefully be a great follow-up to "White Blood Cells", and i'm glad its release date has been brought forward.

The Cardigans are releasing a new album soon (after a 7 year gap), and since I regard "Gran Turismo" as one of my favourites, their new material should be something good.

Moloko are releasing their new album soon - yay!
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Let's see...ZWAN is already out...

Radiohead's new one is always something to look forward to...

and mantis, did you say Cardigans? Amazing they are making an album finally...while I don't know the whole of Gran Turismo, "Erase and Rewind" is an intoxicating song..truly and deeply so...though I thought that album was from like the end of '98, which is more like 4 years or so...

Either way, it will be interesting to hear these records, as it seems these bands seem to change all of the time...

I still miss Lush. :'(

Kai :et:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Right you are, Kai. I was confusing GT with their previous release. If you can, buy Gran Turismo - it is an astounding album. Or download it if you prefer.

I'm also interested in any new release from The Strokes.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Well, I being completely oblivious to the fact other people have replied to the topic ignored a few albums I didn't know about but will be anticipating know that I know of them.

So, yeah...
    • 'Tapeworm': if what YetiGKM said is true, it should at the very least be quite interesting to hear. Although if it's just a Maynard James Keenan solo-album produced by NIN (which is quite likely), then, blah. Who cares?

• 'Hollywood' by Madonna: It's Madonna, simple as that.

• Radioheads new album I'm getting, after all, I love Radiohead. And the 'full of sunshine' remark is interesting, especially since that always means it's going to be their most depressing work yet!

• And of course, the White Stripes!
    ...and, um, uh... whatever.

While the King Crimson, Tool and Primus band sounds promising, it doesn't make me very interested.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    "My Favourite game" kicks ass. When I hear the song for some really odd reason I want to stick it in a cd player in a fast car and drive really fast listening to it, shame Im not old enough to drive yet though. :p
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

And yah, UK people are hot :w00t:

Oh dear...

UK people, run.

Run.

Run as fast as you can.

.the.invasion.has.begun.

:huey:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I still miss Lush.  :'(

That Levi's commercial with "Undertow" is on a whole lot. :)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    im not looking forward to any albums cos they mainly suck (2 good songs then the rest is just filla)
    but i am looking forward to Bonkers 10/11 or whatever it is i cant remember and I have no idea what they'll call it this time......

But basically I just looking forward to any cool r'n'b,dance,trance and stuff like that.
  • cg?%s's Photo

(2 good songs then the rest is just filla)

Then how come I don't own any CDs with 'filla'?

Sure, Quality Control by Jurassic 5 is rather monochromatic, sonically speaking, and the Moulin Rouge! Soundtrack didn't really need it's pre-crafted pop hits (Lady Marmalade and the shit one-hit-wonder Rythm of the Night), but I wouldn't call those filler.

Maybe it's the albums you're buying, not the albums themselves?
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo

'Tapeworm': if what YetiGKM said is true, it should at the very least be quite interesting to hear. Although if it's just a Maynard James Keenan solo-album produced by NIN (which is quite likely), then, blah. Who cares?

As far as I know, its not just a Maynard album produced by NIN. Its actually going to have a few more vocalists such as Page Hamilton (Helmet), Phil Anselmo (Pantera), and even Trent Reznor himself. I don't really have any idea as to what the record is to sound like but from what the rumors have said, its going to be very electronic sounding with heavy guitars. The band that will be playing is all from NIN, the whole band actually with Danny Lohner on guitar, Charlie Clouser on programming and remixing, Trent Reznor on bass and guitar, and Jerome Dillon on the drums. But its not a normal NIN sounding record according to Trent. He said that he didn't want it to sound like something new from NIN, cause if it did then he would'nt work on it at all.

It sounds to me that this could be quite the interesting album that I will definately keep my eye on till its released.

While the King Crimson, Tool and Primus band sounds promising, it doesn't make me very interested.

Sometimes you confuse me Chauncey. The lineup in this band is so talented. But who knows how it will turn out. I'll definately keep my eyes on this too.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Sometimes you confuse me Chauncey. The lineup in this band is so talented. But who knows how it will turn out. I'll definately keep my eyes on this too.

I know, it's rather confusing to me too. But when I read your thing I went 'oh... cool... yeah... whatever', so, um, uh, oh... cool... yeah... whatever...

Fuck It! I have 1000 posts!
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Metallica
    Godsmack
    Perfect Circle
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Metallica
    Godsmack
    Perfect Circle

What are Perfect Circle like? Heavy at all, because I saw an album of theirs in the shop and the cover looked pretty cool.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    They have the lead singer from TOOL. They is cool. Get that CD.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    A Perfect Circle is the much more melodic side project by Maynard James Keenan of Tool fame. They fuckin rock, too.

Page Hamilton (Helmet),

Fuck him! Fuck him in all his Limp Bizkit-ness! Any asshole who does guitar work for Limp Bizkit instantly loses all credibility. I thought Maynard and Trent declared war on Fred Durst a few years ago?
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo

Fuck him! Fuck him in all his Limp Bizkit-ness! Any asshole who does guitar work for Limp Bizkit instantly loses all credibility. I thought Maynard and Trent declared war on Fred Durst a few years ago?

Thats an excellent point QOTSA but you have to look at a few other things. First of all, Helmet owns your life. They are such a good band, I'm surprised not as many people like them as much as I do. Second of all, I'm sure they really don't care who he plays guitar with because he is going to sing on their album, not play guitar. Plus, he was asked to sing way before he joined Limp Bizkit, so they really had no idea he was gonna join. Third of all, maybe you should download some stuff from Helmet before you say that he loses his credibity. They are an amazing band and he is a key part in how good they are.

I'm in no way saying that I like Limp Bizkit, and I too am quite dissapointed that he is now with them. He definately is a good guitar player and will help them immensly, but they still are crap. Just give him a chance with the vocals in Tapeworm whenever it comes out and I'm sure he will be redeemed in your eyes.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Yes Helmet is good...and I like their music. But Page Hamilton now officially is a dickhead

And I thought that Maynard was supplying vocals for his umpteenth project. I'm cofnused.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo

Yes Helmet is good...and I like their music. But Page Hamilton now officially is a dickhead

Whatever...

And I thought that Maynard was supplying vocals for his umpteenth project. I'm cofnused.

He is providing vocals, but not for all of the tracks. He has done it for a few of them so far, but Trent got Page Hamilton and Phil Anselmo to do some for it too.
  • BuddhaForRyan%s's Photo
    All I can think of at the moment is Evanescence's album "Fallen"
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

Here we go...i don't really know of any albums coming out but a few...

Biohazard- "Kill or Be Killed"
    Godsmack- "Faceless" (yes i know its nu-metal sort of)

that's all i know of

-HaZaRd-

What's it really matter? I mean you listen to stuff like Good Charlotte anyways. ;)

CoLD - Year of the Spider
    Marilyn Manson - The Golden Age of Grotesque *May 13*
    *new* Finger Eleven
    *new* Staind

Bands I would like to see announce something...
    Rammstein
    I'll Nino
    Crossbreed
    Orgy
    Steromud

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading