Music Forum / Albums your looking forward to

• Ablaze%s's Photo

Bands I would like to see announce something...
    Rammstein
    I'll Nino
    Crossbreed
    Orgy
    Steromud

Crossbreed! Wow I wouldn’t have thought somebody would have heard of them. Ha, I brought a cd of theirs last summer in Florida and it was a mix of dance and metal. The metal bits were good but the dance bits ruined it for me, still quite funny to listen to. They are strange people on the back of their album cover, they dress like metallers but then shine an ultra violet light on their clothes and they are covered in little colourful bits, looks funny.
  • wpnw%s's Photo
    Hybrid - tba
    Delerium - Chimera (May 20, 2003)
    Front Line Assembly - tba
    Juno Reactor - tba (something new is gonna be in The Matrix Reloaded)
    Global Underground: Nubreed # 7
    Global Underground # 24 (Nick Warren)
    Steve Lawler - Lights Out Vol.2

I think BT ought to be working on something new by now, dunno when it'll be out.
    I know Orbital is in the studio on their next release, but that may be in 2004.
    Banco de Gaia (one of the greatest bands EVER) is in the studio, probably not gonna see this until late '03 or early '04 though.
    Deepsky is working on new stuff (mmmm, Deepsky *drools* )
  • cg?%s's Photo

Delerium - Chimera

That's just not right! Stealing names from perfectly good albums, and all. There was already a Chimera released last year by Deep Red, a band perfect for all those who wished that the eighties wouldn't have died (all two of the normal people, and 100% of the goths).

Whatever, fuck it. They kick ass (for synthpop anyway), and you probably won't be able find them anywhere :(

Yeah... click here, if you're in the mood for gothic-techno-dance-shit-stuff, which isn't any better than regular club music, just, darker. Whatever.

All I can think of at the moment is Evanescence's album "Fallen"

Okay, right. I've heard everywhere how 'gothic' they were, and how 'industrial' they were, but it's just another nu-metal hunk of crap (not to insult nu-metal, as I have no problems with the genre itself, merely what people do with it).

Honestly, there's no point. And in a genre built on sonic bombast, the vocals of the female just aren't strong enough (once again, not to insult females, as they can provide perfect vocals for hard-rock, its just this particular female cannot).

Whatever.

You can hear the whole damn album on VH1.com, so why are you waiting for it? Listen and be tortured.

Marilyn Manson - The Golden Age of Grotesque *May 13*

Oh, that. I'll be doing the VH1.com first listen, but thats probably going to be about it. But if that's any good, well then, sign me the fuck up!

What Manson says he's trying to do with it though (and what he did on the Ramones tribute) is really interesting me, a lot.

Anywho...

NEW FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY!

..this shall be a good year. And I just heard the new White Stripes single on my local 'indie' radio, it sucked.

Edited by Chauncey Gardner, 28 February 2003 - 08:33 AM.

• wpnw%s's Photo

Anywho...

NEW FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY!

..this shall be a good year.

And the best part is...Rhys Fulber is back on this one! Unfortunately, it sounds as if this will be the final FLA release. :'(
    I just hope it's not gonna suck, cause they've had a good run without much suckiness. Since Mindphaser came out, their stuff has just gotten better and better (with the exception of about 1/2 the stuff on Millenium). It's gonna be hard to top Epitaph, imo...
  • BuddhaForRyan%s's Photo
    Hey CG, thanks for the opinion, I'll be sure to ignore it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

All I can think of at the moment is Evanescence's album "Fallen"

Evanescence is what Lush would have sounded like had they survived long enough to sell out.
  • BeanTown%s's Photo
    five iron frenzy stuff
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Alright, I just heard that The Cure just signed with I AM records and will begin recording a new album in July. So it probably won't come out this year, but who gives a shit - It's still the fucking Cure!!!
  • Mysjivus%s's Photo
    Damn am I going to stick out here like a green apple. Iris I dedicate this post to you ;)

Perfect Circle
    (let the outcasting begin)
    Fabolous
    DMX
    Triple 6 Mafia
    Obie Trice
    D12
    Proof
    Ginuwine
    Bone Thugs/Outlaws colabo.
    Dr. Dre (please come out this year)
    *scratches head*
    those are the only that come to mind
  • iris%s's Photo
    Ah yes.

It's Not A Game by DMX
    Street Dreams by Fabolous
    Proof's CD
    The new D12 CD
    Detox by Dr. Dre
    Redman's new CD
    Tical Zero: The Prequel by Method Man

That's bout it.
    Dre, Fabo, & DMX more then anything though.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i thought dre said he retired from creating his new own cd. hes 40 something now isn't he?
  • Mysjivus%s's Photo
    This new album, whenever it comes out should be his last "solo" effort. I'd put money on him coming back though, he's gonna pull a Michael Jordan ;) But he said this will be his last and then he will just produce 7 be a bad ass business man!
    Iris, i didnt know Redman had another joint comming! And I totally forgot about the new Method Man, thats gonna be good.
  • BeanTown%s's Photo
    seriously some of you listen to the worst music if you want to call it that ever made. some of you also need to realize that you cant be black.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Seriously some of you listen to the worst music if you want to call it that ever made. some of you also need to realize that you cant be black.

The problem with that statement is that all modern music is 'black' music. You cannot name a single genre of modern music which doesn't have at least its root in a genre created by blacks.

More over, the human race evolved out of Africa, thus meaning that we're all black, provided you move far back enough in our ancestry.

So shut the fuck up, idiot.
  • Vert%s's Photo
    Did everybody forget get the combo album that Missy Elliot is doing with Eve?
  • ThunderCat%s's Photo

I wish i could forget. I can't get Missy Elliot out of my head, and i want to kill someone now. All this backwards talking is making me feel ill.

MISSY ELLIOT SHOULD BE KILLED!

or in other words:

DELLIK EB DLUOHS TOILLE YSSIM!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Missy Elliot, I hate her. She thinks that she is really pretty in her videos but she is a fat cow.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Intentionally, as a matter of fact.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Missy Elliot, I hate her. She thinks that she is really pretty in her videos but she is a fat cow.

She has never thought herself to be 'pretty', and with all the people saying she does, it poses the question: 'Have the American people lost all sense of irony?', judging by Danimation you'd say yes, but I held up hope for the rest of it.

When Missy Elliot sings about how 'pretty' she is, it's actually ironically self depricating; she's making fun of the fact that she isn't attractive, by claiming that she is.

How difficult is this to grasp?
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

She has never thought herself to be 'pretty', and with all the people saying she does, it poses the question: 'Have the American people lost all sense of irony?', judging by Danimation you'd say yes, but I held up hope for the rest of it.

When Missy Elliot sings about how 'pretty' she is, it's actually ironically self depricating; she's making fun of the fact that she isn't attractive, by claiming that she is.

How difficult is this to grasp?

Extremely, but thats probably because I don't understand too many things. She's weird too...like...If ya got a big let me search ya then Ill find how hard I gotta work ya.

I mean, crazy women.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading