Related Games / Gateway Adventures

• fraroc%s's Photo
    First of all, Cedar Plains is not dead. I have decided to take a break from it for a little while. In the meantime, I have created a new park, Gateway Adventures. It is a large Cedar Fair park with 8 roller coasters in total located in Stamford, CT. This park took approxamatly 42 hours to complete it to my discretion. I also made this park because I want to practice my parkmaking skills and the Cedar Fair atmosphere. I will also be posting a download soon. Without further adieu, here is the tour of my park.

Posted Image
    Birds eye view of my park

Posted Image
    The mighty Ferris Wheel guards the park's entrance.

Posted Image
    The historical quarter of the park. As you can plainly see, Gateway Adventures retained its old Parachute Drop ride. It also has the old Skywheel ride, The squeaky cycles is the oldest ride in the park. This place also recently got a brand spanking new Intamin AG Carrousel!

Posted Image
    The most famous ride in the historical quarter is the Big Dipper Roller Coaster,Built by Prior and Church in 1930. This ride is an ACE coaster classic and one of the most famous rides in the park

Posted Image
    This here is Sawdust, A Charels Dinn coaster built in 1985. This ride was famous for its headchoppers under the station. But now with age, this ride has become rough and jerky and at times unbearably painful. Fans figured out quickly that the backseat is the WORST, the absolute WORST.

Posted Image
    This is Hurricane-Category 5. A Schwartzkopf steel roller coaster. It came to this park in 1989. This is the only Schwartzkopf "Storm" Model ever built. This park has been in 2 different parks in Europe. It was previously known as "Desert Storm" and then "Firestorm" now its called "Hurricane-Category 5"

Posted Image
    Zamperla Disko aptly named Purple Peril.

Posted Image
    This is Stampede, a John Allen Racing woodie, built in 1979. in 2004, the old, painful 3 bench cars were scrapped for good and replaced with comfortable, cushioned 2 benchers. Fun Fact!: The red train originally belonged to Hercules at Dorney Park! The green train was built by S&S Power.

Posted Image
    This is Cobra, another Schwartzkopf roller coaster that was built in 1984,This one has a loop. This is actually a very intense ride with lots of sudden drops and twists.

Posted Image
    This is Pheonix, A Huss Condor. Rumor has it that this is its last season of operation, I hope not, I love this ride!!!

Posted Image
    This is a brand new GCI woodie known as Theropod! Theropod is a giant spagehetti bowl of twists and turns and drops! This is widley considered to be one of the BEST rides in the park!

Posted Image
    This is Bird of Prey, built in 2002 so far its the only Bolliger and Mabillard roller coaster in the entire park, This ride is incredibly similar to Talon at Dorney park, But it is larger and the loop&corkscrew finale is more intense.

Posted Image
    This is Talon-Grip of Fear. A Huss "Claw" ride. Very good ride, dont pass this up on your stay here.

Posted Image
    Possibly the Coup-de-gras of all roller coasters in the entire park, Viper is a 205 foot tall D.H Morgan hypercoaster. A direct clone of Steel Force and Mamba, execpt this is a mirror image. This ride was built in 1999 as New Englands biggest roller coaster, only to have that record taken away in 2000 with Superman-Ride of steel.

Posted Image
    This is a very interesting ride called Flying Ace. Built by S&S power and totally Steam Driven.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Wake up.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

This park took approxamatly 42 hours to complete it to my discretion. I also made this park because

42 hours?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    On a positive note...

Your layouts look a lot better from what i can tell, a lot more realistic. However, there is no themeing what-so-ever. Other than trees the park is a flat barren field filled with coasters. I'm assuming you have some custom scenery because you claim to have viewed CD5's park, so put that scenery to work and just start making buildings, after a while you start to get the hang of it. It's basically practice, the more you practice the better you get, just like with anything else in life.
  • nin%s's Photo
    This looks pretty much the same as your last two, only minor improvements. Experiment some, think outside-the-box. You seem to adore realism, so apply that aspect to your own ideas, something we're not seeing here.
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    it's alright...could use more scenery...and landscaping...

The layouts are certainly an improvement (this is a far cry from Indiana Flyer!)
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    The layouts are indeed better but...and I mean BUT...

-there is no scenery...poor foliage, the same trees over and over, nothing near the paths, no fences, flowers nothing.

-the buildings are blocks at best...and the Schwarzkopf has a 1-square wide station

-The dino theming on the GCI is NOT scenery or aethestically pleasing. Why would that be in a park that isnt Universal Studios? It looks terrible and is by no means considered help to your scenery issue.

-Where are the buidings? Bathrooms, shops, food areas?

You are improving, but I'm a little tired of seeing the same stuff over and over again in now 3 different threads. Take your time, make it look like something you'd see if you were there. Thats what CD does, and it shows. In RCT3, you have the ability to rotate the camera view to every possible angle to view your work. Make use of this feature. Make it look lkike something you'd see if you were there. I dont mean to be a dick, but its the SSDD. Ya know? Hopefully someone else can agree with me...

-Taylor
    Dear Fraroc,

YOU are W --- e --- A --- k.

Wake up,

Tim
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Dear Fraroc,

YOU are W --- e --- A --- k.

Wake up,

Tim

Dear FantastiCo

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you

Love, Fraroc
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Your mother sews socks that smell.
    Wow, my mother's not even dead. Thank you for your inspired, intelligent rebuttal, proving me right in the process.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Honestly "FantastiCo", you suck.
    My work? Sure, little boy.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Not your work, YOU.
    Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe in the future I can adapt more to your 'kind'. Sorry if I'm an alien obsessed with your planet.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Hey, lay off fantastico, he's never going to change anytime soon.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Every good site needs a lunatic! The presence of RCT3 at NE annoys me 1000 times as much as an alien.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^same here, but I do enjoy CD5's work
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Every good site needs a lunatic!

true

Dear FantastiCo

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you

Love, Fraroc

No one is going to find that insulting, this is the internet, and if someone said something like that to me in reality, I would laugh insanely and believe they were being sarcastic.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Liam it's a roller coaster tycoon fan site.. I'm pretty sure that RCT3 isn't excluded.

And how about you guys lay off him.. He's not that good at the game.. Well he sucks..
    But no need to insult him.. Let's all be good people please..

Fraroc, there is nothing good in your park right now even your woodie layout.. Dissapoints me. I'm sorry a station under amounts of supports sucks. This park has no scenery whatsoever except premade crappy ones. WAKE UP AND TAKE OUR ADVICE FRAROC. Otherwise nobody is gonna enjoy your work here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading