Theme Park Discussion / TEXAS GIANT!?!?!?

• Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Lookie what i found! The best roller coaster cars ever created.

Texas Giant

Themeparkreview is so great.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Looking awesome, really excited for this.

For those who havent been following, as of right now almost the entire ride has ledgers (the peices the track is bolted to) and alot of track for the first portion and the last bit of the flying carpet-esque finale is in place. The third turn will be overbanked at like 110 degrees and will hang over the track structure but be completly enclosed by supports, so thats awesome. The first drop is ridicoulously steep, and there is alot of debate over how the helix that once surrounded the lifthill will work out.
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo
    Wow thats a cool train
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Those windows look awfull
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I think they are fiberglass safety panels.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Yeah, so is this becoming a steel coaster or something
    I don't really get it
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Until close, this was a straight-up, backbreaking Dinn/Summers woodie. Recently, theyre implementing the hybrid-steel-pre-fabricated system used on many intamin wooden coasters. It will no longer be considered a woodie, however, it will be a Hybrid (Wood Structure). Basically, think of it as something similar to Gemini at Cedar Point. If you hadnt ridden it or could see the track, youd think its wooden. Hopefully that helps
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Oh, I've never seen any Intamin steel track with wood support coasters before
    If you mean like El Toro and T-Express, that's actually wood track, even if it's prefabricated, where as this just looks like steel

And yeah I've been on Gemini but that used tubular steel track
    I've just never seen any square steel track before and I didn't know if it was being used as a placeholder for now or if that's the actual track/wood supports, it just seems kind of weird and I wonder how it'll ride
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I purposely left out the pre-fabs because I know theyre still considered wooden. ;)

Itll be smooth, definetly. It wont have the ruffneck Dinn woody feel to it anymore, but I'm sure itll be a decent ride.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    How do you know it'll be smooth definitely, just wondering
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Steel, brand new track...new, what appear to be very comfortable seats in new trains
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    It's not intamin though, its rocky mountain construction, who were responsible for building El Toro.

^And anything would be smooth compared to the old giant, it was freaking insanely rough, I liked it, but the GP didn't.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    anyone see these yet?

Posted Image
    fuck that looks good

Posted Image

Posted Image

damn. inspiration overload, especially from that first screen. now i really want to build something like this in tycoon.

*Credit to TPR because they're so ubsessed*
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I gotta get to Texas.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    bdawg you must go to SFoT!!! I really wish I had the money...
  • gir%s's Photo
    doesn't matter if it's steel now, this thing looks wild as hell.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Lift hill's been raised by 10 feet. This thing will feature the steepest drop and overbank. I can't wait. I live 30 minutes from SFoT :p
  • LiveFree%s's Photo
    Methinks a pilgrimage to Texas is in order.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    This is really exciting to see. Texas Giant was on the brink of death, and now its being completely redone in a cool way. Good for SFoT.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    A pilgrimage to texas would be another cowboy's win. But that will never happen

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading