(Archive) Advertising District / Horsetooth

• F0ndue%s's Photo
    Wow thats a great idea,I wish I could ride Drachen Fire in real life,but now...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    excellent! really like this. just work on the foliage a little :3
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Austin, Drachen Fire was originally contracted to B&M as a counterpart to Kumba, hence the elements like the cobra roll and the (zero-g camelback). However, I think because of prices or something like that, BGW went with Arrow for the design, who maintained some elements of the original design while tweaking the others. RamSam is making his coaster be like the one BGW should've received a while back but didn't.

As far as I'm aware the Drachen Fire B&M thing is a bit of an urban myth. I have asked B&M myself about this and they have always maintained that they never had plans to build a ride at BGW at that time or even submitted a proposal for one.

I guess it will never be proved either way but Ive always thought the only reason this rumour occured was because of the Cobra Roll. If that was a sidewinder then people would think nothing else of it.

Of course it could be true but i tend to believe B&M on this myself :p

Anyway Sam for the purpose of this ride the Urban Legend fits perfectly. Love the arch :)
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I really like that Crossfire sign. Very clever.
  • nin%s's Photo
    The only thing I would say about the Drachen Fire- rec thing is to have made the coaster more B&M based rather than an exact replica of DF's layout. B&M more than likely would not have made the corkscrew wraparound but rather have made a loop around the lift like Kumba, then into the cobra or something of the sort. According to the 'myth' Arrow had made the wraparound because they were unable to get the planned loop to work, so I see no reason for B&M not to do it.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    This is one of my favorite parks going on right now. Great stuff.

Btw, I think a fountain would fit in beautifully at the bottom right by the exit path in the first screen. Might add a little extra pizzazz to that area.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Really great work so far,just make sure you architecture isn't to sterile throughout
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Looks like I never got around to replying last time. I still believe that Drachen Fire was supposed to be a B&M just because of how many B&M design traits it has which are not found on any other Arrow coaster that I know of. For example, the tubular support structure on the lift that resembles B&M coasters, the cobra roll element before the MCBR (Arrow coasters have the batwing element after the MCBR), drop from the MCBR into two individual corkscrews instead of a double. All these combined are typical of many variations of B&M's from older ones like Kumba to more modern ones like Medusa. What I heard was the design was started by B&M, but BGW wanted it sooner than the time frame they could have completed it in due to work on Kumba for BGT, so it was finished by Arrow. I also heard the reason Drachen Fire was so rough was the layout was designed with the heartline of the B&M sit down trains and when Arrow built the ride, their trains' heartline did not line up with what the layout was designed for. But Of course, it could have just been a one time giant rip-off of B&M's style all along. :p

The park is progressing nicely. Much work being done on custom supporting for coasters so once some of that is done, I can work on more that will be interesting for updates later on. Easier to fit structures around large rides than the other way around.

Anyways, one last set of screens before going out to celebrate the new year... :mantis:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    It loks great,but it is so...lifeless...
    Other than that I really like it and you as one of my favparkbuilders.
    And for the Station of Crossfire,make it more detailled with all the deco stuff.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    First screen - Meh. I like the old town cafe, but the corner store is very boring. You should also enlarge that 1 tile planter to break up the path a bit more.

Second Screen - Lovin' it. The flat looks great, and I really like the building. But the path in the corner seems to be pretty pointless, I'd put the exit so that it came out to the corner path, giving it far more purpose.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    I actually like the second screen as that corner sitting area would be such a beautiful spot to relax.

But Yeah, That Guy has a point. Even though path can be incorporated as an actual theme, I feel too that this path in this picture is texture-less without anything breaking it up. The one planter helps, but Some form of planters will help.

Edit: Bringing the screens over.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I love it, great realistic work that you always pull off well, sam.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Yeah, that's looking fantastic. No complaints, except that the first screen would probably look better with some depth variation on those building fronts.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Just to clarify, the corner path behind the building in the second screen is one of the park's designated smoking areas. Thanks for the feedback so far on the structures in the first screens.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Just another quick update to keep things going.

Posted Image
    When it opened in 1970, "Rams Park Plunge" was the world's longest log flume.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Beautiful, it's so amazing what a ride and landscaping can do.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    looks very nice. i like the wooden and bobsed merge.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    you make us sams proud.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I like you actually took the time to build the fountain pipes. The foliage is looking really great to.
    But I think the most important thing about this screen is that there is actually some very nice landscaping in it, the foliage, a waterfall, even a hill. This was unheard of in Woodfall.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Yeah,,

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading