News / Member Culture

• posix%s's Photo
    Recently there have been complains about our member culture. I have also received a couple of PMs of annoyed members who seemingly are enjoying their daily visit at NE less and less.

As I agree with this sentiment, I have realised we have had too much good will regarding certain members that just don't seem to change for the better at all. Thus, I have decided to no longer be so generous to new members who substract from everyone's site experience. I'm fed up with the bullshit.

- RCTMASTA's account has been suspended for 2 months.
    - Fantastico's account has been suspended for 2 months.
    - GigaG's account had been suspended for 2 months as well, but as he said he was sorry in a convincing manner, I have shortened the suspension to 1 month.
    - Wolfman's account has been suspended for 1 month.
    - Joezia has received a warning.

We will never ban someone permanently because we believe this is never legitimate. But the lengths of suspensions will increase each time until people learn or no longer visit.

I hope this will help us all to enjoy the forum more again.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Thank you posix. An unfortunate solution, but a necessary one. Hopefully the community can grow in a positive direction.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    How long was fantastico's previous suspension?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I was getting kind of sick of GigaG's annoyance, considering he would always ask if he can finish a park or if someone will spend months working on a useless piece of custom scenery, and the Necrobumping he and RCTMASTA would constantly do. I must say that it seems a little harsh to ban them, but when more posts are about flaming and arguing than the topic itself, something has to be performed, and hopefully they will learn and contribute positively to this site.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Congrats Posix, just the right thing to do. Fantastico used to be well thought of in the olden days right (Timothy Cross?).
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    ^True, it is a shame that a classic member with good talent has to be banned.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    He doesnt have to be banned, he was being reckless and deserved to be banned.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Posix, I'm very aware your trying to do a good thing. Belive it or not, I am too half the time. I know your banning people so the site will remain fun for everyone. Though I wish there was a way around playing favorites.

I'm not trying to be a jerk k0ng, but your one of the biggest trouble makers amoung everyone in the site, if you were suspended, I'm sure me, gigag, and anyone else that may not be so 'popular' would have an immediate change of attitude. I'm not gonna reply to anything you may say after this considering I'm on thin ice.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Well done Posix. I have been getting increasingly annoyed at the stupid arguments on this site and was visiting less because of it.
    Although I wasn't one of the ones who complained, i was this close to doing it.

However there are others with a penchant for inciting arguments with the people suspended (you know who you are). Please don't feel like you've achieved something.

Anyway lets hope we can move on from here and get some good releases out :)
  • posix%s's Photo

Posix, I'm very aware your trying to do a good thing. Belive it or not, I am too half the time. I know your banning people so the site will remain fun for everyone. Though I wish there was a way around playing favorites.

I'm not trying to be a jerk k0ng, but your one of the biggest trouble makers amoung everyone in the site, if you were suspended, I'm sure me, gigag, and anyone else that may not be so 'popular' would have an immediate change of attitude. I'm not gonna reply to anything you may say after this considering I'm on thin ice.

They are only temporarily banned and will receive notification once their suspension is over. They can then log in again and take part in the community.

I agree that K0NG is fuel to the annoying arguments & spamfest fire, but in my opinion he demonstrates a good will for the well being of the community. Also, I believe he has valuable things to say about the ways to approach the game as he seems very reflective on his own. I applaud this and its creating a balance for me between wanting to suspend and not suspend his account.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Eh, I am sure K0NG isn't the main reason of all the bad stuff that has been happening, really, it is when someone does something less desirable and people keep on piling it with more hatred. I know I have been very argumentative and I apologize, but it is when people take things to seriously and never learn. About your "less popular remark," it is that people don't appreciate it when some asinine poster starts a religious argument in a thread that has nothing to do with it after a rude comment. GigaG and RCTMASTA have been banned for being pretentious and attracting attention for the wrong reason. Heck, I am not the best park maker with many flaws and overkill, but if I spend time judging a park that took less time to make, considering that (in my opinion) a park that received less than 30 points should have never been sent to the panel and expected to win, but a park with no foliage, weird scenery to clog my object data folder, and absolutely no effort, I would be pretty annoyed. Can you count how much topics have been started by them that were closed. Really, respect on this site doesn't depend on your RCT skill, unless you are very good, but it all depends on attitude and post usefulness. If I were you, I would take a break from the site, practice RCT, and then improve my attitude and self respect. Hopefully, these members will improve and like Roomie said:

Anyway lets hope we can move on from here and get some good releases out

• Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Roomie's in holland? COOL!

Kong=Fuel

JoeZia=Lighter

Wolfman=Radioactive waste

I hope this explains everything ;)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i actually think joezia is very good. he's not done anything "wrong" in a while. after all he's just a kid trying to find his feet. however much i love k0ng when he comes out with such pearls that he does (both humourously and not) he doesn't necasserally help when he sets people on fire and things.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    So...

Joezia=Fuel

Kong=Lighter?
  • posix%s's Photo
    Dotrobot, you're becoming annoying like them.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    :lol: i'll cool it with the annoying-ness.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Just shut up.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    ^Well, that about sums it up.

I feel the AD is very dead and boring right now. I understand people are busy but maybe we could somehow get ahold of some old members and contact them and invite them in, and perhaps try and convince some people to use the dump-place a little bit less somehow? And perhaps provide some reward to posting good screens, members need to provide more feedback in AD topics and release topics and maybe find somebody to run the "top 5 screens of the week" thing again.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Well, I wouldn't say this site is getting worse, there are more active people now then there were last year, it is just that like stated above, and I think there also needs to be another contest. I would like to see another Pro Tour or a Grid Contest.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Well, release wise the site is doing great IMO, I would just like to see the AD spiced up a little, and I think some senior members need to take charge and advertise more. I understand that there busy and have lives, but I think anyone could understand where Im coming from. Maybe a Fiesta even.

I cant imagine a Contest going over well, but there is already a thread for that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading