News / Member Culture

• braztaz%s's Photo
    Well....fair enough. Sometimes I'd like to think of it in the point of view pf someone's first time on the site- the first time they ever go to the AD, they see a guy named Wolfman spamming with mediocre rides. Gives a bad first impression, in my opinion. The suspensions were in all terms necessary, and maybe those two months can give them time to improve their skills when they return (if they do ever decide to come back).

The "top 5 screens of the week) idea, in my opinion, sounds great. It would improve (very tremendously) the activity in the AD and inspires many to create beautiful screens.

-Braztaz
  • nin%s's Photo
    Halloween fiesta, anybody?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes. Fiesta plz.

edit: But not a halloween fiesta. Make it a account suspending fiesta, for that is something to celebrate in my opinion. Finally something happened! Thanks posix.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    'anoying like them' at least I've actually acomplished over 20 objects in one day.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    good call posix, wolfman's topics were pissing me off too.

and I second fiesta
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I guess by now im like the fifth to support the fiesta idea. Also, thanks posix. You always do the right thing around here.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    What's a fiesta?

Really.. I've heard of them but never knew how they actually worked.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    ^ http://www.nedesigns...showtopic=13295

I am also quite ready for a fiesta.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Funny...I was just thinking that we were about due for Fiesta last night. And, I'll try to weigh that balance more in my favor posix. I don't really try to be an asshole...it just comes naturally for me. Plus, I'm the epitome of "instant asshole-just add alcohol" at times so, I'll try to check myself before I put fingers to keyboard when I'm partaking. Unfortunately, I partake quite often, so....
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    ^^

Thanks!
    Than i also think we should have a fiesta.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Here's the thing: it's okay to be an asshole. But you really ought to get to know the community beforehand, find out exactly what is and is not acceptable here. The problems NE has had the past few months are from a select few rookie members who, upon seeing some of the (tongue-in-cheek) asshole-ish posts of our veteran members, decided to be twats.

I'd rather us have the occasional flame war than be an over-regulated board where swearing is grounds for a permaban (and you're doing an excellent job maintaining that balance, posix) but some of you guys need to learn to *chill*. It's like swearing; be adult enough not to throw "fuck" into every fucking sentence you ever fucking say, and people won't care if you use it every now and then. You can be an ass occasionally and get away with it; you can even look like an ass on a regular basis and it's fine if you do so tongue-in-cheek -- see MA. But if you're an ass every chance you get just to be an ass, you're a detriment to the community.

Just my 2 cents.

-ACE
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I think a few people need a siesta... A fiesta may be nice, but people need the time to work on things. Maybe some of you might find relief playing cards online with me at www.pkcards.com ;)

ACE, some people simply don't understand the difference between being assertive, or simply being an ass.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^I play at FullTilt. Actually, I'm just about to head there for a $2 tourney ($96 for the winner).

And ACE...you kinda singled out MA as being tongue-in-cheek. Once again I'll state that far too many people here take my posts far too seriously. Ask anyone that's hung out with me on AIM or whatever and they'll tell you that I'm quite different when I'm not just posting a reactionary reply to some fucked up bullshit that I've just read.
  • posix%s's Photo
    k0ng, you post this repetitively ... it's tiring. Almost everyone interprets your posts in the same way, and you constantly try to make us believe we're all wrong because you're actually "not that serious"? It reads like a bad joke. And as if you're lying to yourself. But oooh, if you were to admit being serious, it could be a sign of weakness or something. And since you want to see yourself as the hard and rough rock'n'roll kinda guy, that doesn't really work for your self-image. It's so so tiring ...
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

And ACE...you kinda singled out MA as being tongue-in-cheek. Once again I'll state that far too many people here take my posts far too seriously. Ask anyone that's hung out with me on AIM or whatever and they'll tell you that I'm quite different when I'm not just posting a reactionary reply to some fucked up bullshit that I've just read.

Because of the extant members in this community MA is the Most Triumphant Example. And while *you* may post tongue-in-cheek occasionally, you then turn around and ruin it by jumping off the hinge at the slightest provocation.

Whatever. My previous post was not really in reference to you.

-ACE
  • Welshcraft%s's Photo
    Just about time, good job on the bans.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I'm not saying that I'm never serious. If I'm arguing or reacting to something that annoyed me, (which I realize and readily admit that I overreact to most of the time) I'm obviously more serious than not. I'm referring to when I take little jabs at people...little one-line replies and shit...those are always tongue-in-cheek. And that's what I mean when I say people take my posts too seriously. Because I've often seen those little jabs spur someone (mostly newer members) into getting all butt hurt and angrily replying to what I said. That's all.
    There was a time when even my 'arguments' were mostly in jest,(which I think posix is alluding to) but I don't even try to claim that any more. That part of me changed with the newbie disrespect that's permeated the site over the last year or so.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I'd like to thank the Academy...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^For some reason, the first image that popped into my mind when I read that was Howard Stern dropping onto the stage from the guy wire.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    ban-tastic

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading