(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Worlds of Adventure

• Casimir%s's Photo

Posted Image

Images for advertising this park were used under a CC license and/or through fair use. The authors are linked at the end of this post.

Disney's Worlds of Adventure
    Entrance / Disney Hotel - 95%
    Main Street - 80%
    Sleeping Beauty Castle - 20%
    Agrabah - 2%
    Middle Kingdom - 2%
    Never Never Land - 1%
    Treasure Planet - 1%
    The Grid - 2%

Pictures
    Click for original size

[attachment=5711:booth.png]

[attachment=5712:htl.png]

[attachment=5710:14.png]

[attachment=5713:rway.png]

[attachment=5714:theatre.png]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• highroll3r%s's Photo
    firstly id like to say i like attention to detail. the first screen is very detailed, ive seen it before but its stretched too much and is blury. the second screen is small but still catches the eye with yet again more detail and great architecture. the third screen is ok but the only thing i like about it is the bridge sides. perhaps get some wooden planks or something underneath the miniture railway track. i know its still unfinished. the forth screen is my fav one. i cant critisize it one bit. its awsome for such a small one. lastly the last screen i dont like the wonderland objects or the tracktecture but thats just my opinion.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    To see the screens in correct size click on them.

But it's really nice and you can tell it's skilled. But there's not very much shown.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the thing is you show all these beautiful glimpses of archicture, but when you try and put them together in a coherent structure or park it just falls apart. I could be wrong, but I think you need to take a step back and focus on the basics of building structure and park layout.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    highroll3r: Thanks for your detailed comment =) I'll put the wooden planks into consideration.
    Dotrobot: Hence I'm only building for about a month right now ^^
    Cocoa: Read the first paragraph again. I think you might find the answer to your comment in there ;)
  • nin%s's Photo
    Yep, we need to talk Casimir.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's pretty obvious what this 'D' is.

I don't think you've captured the true escence, however they are nice screens.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i hope its a custom "D" not a rec
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Agree with Louis thats a really nice D
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Looks decent, hope to see some larger screens in the future :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    nin: You know my MSN/AIM screennames ;)
    Louis!: Those screens are far from being finished. I know what you mean, though. It's part of my planning process to compare the overall feel all the time which means the things on the screen might be changed later.
    highroll3r: I don't do recreations, everything is completely custom.
    Loea: Thanks =)
    Pacificoaster: Thank you =) Larger screens are sure to come, but not anytime soon I'm afraid.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It looks nice so far, but I'm afraid that the architecture will be as clutterd as in your latest park... I never replied to that topic, but my main problem with the architecture in that park was the extreme wall layering in combination with random details or colours. Less is more! You have proven already that you can do much better stuff in your Silver winning park. I hope you can control the details here too!
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Thanks Liam!
    I really do realize that I kind of let down some people with WoaB. I'm not planning on having a single building withough purpose in THIS park, though.

Small update, I had some time to build today:

Posted Image
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I'm confused by that building. I don't understand what its meant to be with the virginia reel on top. it seems like you used a bunch of different scenery in sort of unrealistic (architecturally) ways. and generally "d" builds architecture pretty based on real stuff. maybe its just the gold thats throwing me off and it actually comes together outside of the screen. granted I might be wrong about what "d" is especially as I notice the white intamin.

also the paths are a bit hectic, whats with the black tarmac with the brown stairs at the top?
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Is that Inta a CS newinterpretation?
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    Hehe, it actually looks really good!

I can't wait to discover the "F" area! ;)
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

I'm confused by that building. I don't understand what its meant to be with the virginia reel on top. it seems like you used a bunch of different scenery in sort of unrealistic (architecturally) ways. and generally "d" builds architecture pretty based on real stuff. maybe its just the gold thats throwing me off and it actually comes together outside of the screen. granted I might be wrong about what "d" is especially as I notice the white intamin.

also the paths are a bit hectic, whats with the black tarmac with the brown stairs at the top?

Prolly ramps.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Cocoa: The VR track is actually trackitecture. I'm pretty sure I'll change it, though. The intamin is TT, too. It'll stay, though, as it is built after a rl counterpart ;)

Loea: As said above, it's trackitecture.

Croustibapt: Thanks you =) I'm not gonna give any hints on any area resemblance yet, though. ;P

Dotrobot: Spot on.

Posted Image
  • nin%s's Photo
    what is the reasoning behind the 3 path textures?
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Another promising looking teaser

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading