(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Worlds of Adventure

• highroll3r%s's Photo
    Definitely use more glass windows Cas!.......These current screens,..... show that you can use them well...The only thing i dont like is the balcony legs. Id have them all 1k wood pole rather than half 1k wood pole and fence deco object. Looks like a red carpet leading to somewhere. Good teaser.
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    I forgot to ask you : is the park fully peepable?
    I mean, will you open the park before sending it? To my mind, an empty Disneyland is not a really great Disneyland ... ;)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    highroll3r: I think everybody has those problems with the Disney archy supports. They always look kind of flimsy if done "realistically". I'll try different versions, though.

Croustibapt: As planned at present, the park will be peepable. I'll provide the full infrastructure. Whether the final park will be open to peeps isn't yet decided, though. That depends on how well the peeps will accept this infrastructure. Disney Parks are always designed for RL people's needs. We all know that the RCT peep's differ a lot. ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That screen, even though it's so small, is really very good.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    ^
    Agreed. I only think the pole is a bit over detailed.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Louis!: Thank you =) I hope I'll be able to keep that level of details throughout the whole park!

Luigi: Haven't yet decided on the poles, I'm afraid ;P

As I've mostly done some basic park layout this weekend (+ 2 rides!), you'll only get one more detail screen :p Sorry to those who expected something bigger. Maybe with the next update ;)
    Posted Image
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    Mickey!!! Nice screen, although it really is too small for me to comment with discription.
    Its pretty much the same shown as the previous, but i must point out that i dont like the grass behind it. It seems to be only a wall of architecture rather than an actual building?
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Even though I really like this project and It's looking fantastic, nothing about it screams Disney to me...it seems like you built a normal park, and stuck a bunch of mouse ears in there and called it Disney.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    it seems to me like you're really focusing on uneccessary details and not working on overall building style/ layout. Its not really capturing the Disney feel to me.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    highroll3r: It actually just was a small preview, as I didn't have any time to do more on it back then. Just wanted to give you that little detail ;) This has since become the actual wall of an actual house.

That Guy: I hope you'll see the Disney in it once it's a little more complete =)

Cocoa: Same as above, I'm just focusing on MainStreet right now with all its little details - which I'm actually quite proud of so far.

Most likely the last Main Street Screen for a while.
    Posted Image
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    It would be pretty difficult to get into the shop when the only 2 paths are blocked by tables :l. Great screen otherwise though
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    What^ said. And I would personally scale down the gardens out front so they don't dominate so much.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    This has a certain charm about it that I don't think I've reached with mine yet. What has really stopped me to enrich my Main St. with such detail is the map data limit nagging at me in the back of my mind with every superfluous object I place. I would keep that in mind though, I don't think there could be any greater letdown than to reach the limit with so much left of the park to do. Also, the consistency is another concern, would you be able to maintain this level of rich intricacy all through out the park, while still keeping within the limit. However, if the rest of the park is created with this sort of fantastic whimsical atmosphere we'll have one beautiful park on our hands. (BTW, in what park could I find those victorian windows? I've been dying to find something like that.)
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Lovely. I agree with dotrobot on the tables. I also don't like all the different path textures.
    Very nice project so far otherwise!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the bit on the very right is perfect and I like the awnings, but that is about it... I hate that wall texture and the windows are just terrible imo.

^also what I meant above is not that you're spending too much time on a specific theme/buildings, but that you cram these buildings with random art deco pieces and little detalis that you feel are "disney" but what you end up with is a sort of ugly building that doesn't resemble anything you would probably find at Disney. look at highball for how he uses much less detailing but focuses on overall building layout and style to get a disney feel.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo

It would be pretty difficult to get into the shop when the only 2 paths are blocked by tables :l. Great screen otherwise though

This. Other than this, this is a great screen! This project seems to be coming along very well now. For the peeps that say they cant see the "Disney" vibe glowing from your previous screens, this is delightful. Youve really created a nice atmosphere here without peeps! BTW, is this going to be peepable? :p
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I think you win at saying "peep" the most in a comment.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo

^I think you win at saying "peep" the most in a comment.

Hahaha.......yeah i think i win by saying "this" the most in a comment too!
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Dotrobot: The restaurant is part of the Arcade, which means that the actual entrance is inside at the back ;)
    Fizzix: Taken into account. All of the foliage is still mostly placeholder stuff, though.
    disneylandian192: Thank you =) That's one of my reasons to NOT do a 256x256 with this park ^^ If however I should "prematurely" (haha) hit the object limit, I will chop one area off to an extra map.
    If you still need that object, just let me know via PM, I'll send it to you!
    Luigi: Thanks! I hope that the path textures will make sense on a bigger scale.
    Cocoa: Highball is one of my main influences of all time. I admire his ability to create this feeling with those objects. However, I've chosen another approach and I hope that in the end, my object combinations will be found visually and aesthetically pleasing. I think that's what we all basically do.
    highroll3r: Thank you very much! Yes, it will include peeps ;)

Posted Image

Please note that this is the panoramic view in front of the castle. It is supposed to be a main photo point, so it won't feature any more path objects. Which means that the relative bareness is intended ;P
  • RRP%s's Photo
    That rock object doesn't fit. Would be better to get someone to make a colourable stone quatertile if you want grey stone.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading