General Chat / The Official Brag About RL Shit thread.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    You'd think that but most Europeans can parallel park perfectly, unlike Americans :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    And even if you can't, it's all about cycling anyway.
  • csw%s's Photo

You'd think that but most Europeans can parallel park perfectly, unlike Americans :p
     That's because European cars are tiny. 
  • Lotte%s's Photo

That's because European cars are tiny. 

lol

• chorkiel%s's Photo

lol

compared to the amount of pickups you see in some states. Yeah, they are.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

And even if you can't, it's all about cycling anyway.

TRUTH
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    ill keep on driving my 2000 gmc sierra that gets 18mpg then
  • Lotte%s's Photo

Like I said in the college thread, 111 for TOEFL ibt!

Rotterdam School of Management here I come :)

• MorganFan%s's Photo
    Last night I went and saw Neil DeGrasse Tyson give a 3-hour lecture while I was high as motherfucking shit.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Are you bragging about the first part or the second part?
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

I don't know, the whole thing was awesome. I wouldn't normally brag about getting high (who would) but this time was special. I'll definitely remember it for a long time.

• Steve%s's Photo

Played a killer show last night with my band.

Attached File  IMG_0714.JPG (124.75KB)
    downloads: 38

• Maverix%s's Photo

I acquired a seat from Wild Eagle yesterday. So there's that.

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

Played a killer show last night with my band.

Attached File  IMG_0714.JPG (124.75KB)
    downloads: 38

Very nice!! Have you been getting gigs often these days? 

• Steve%s's Photo
    We usually play like once or twice a month in Boston and surrounding areas!
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

Thats awesome! I live 3 hours north of Boston, one of these days I'll make it down for a show. 

• SSSammy%s's Photo

look at you, steve!

• FredD%s's Photo
    Booked my hotels for my trip to Dubai & Abu Dhabi november 2016. It's happening :)
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

I get to go to Dollywood (my home park) for a couple days this weekend (12th-14th). I'm so excited. I'm leaving Nashville when I get off work Saturday afternoon and will be meeting my best friend Kayla there at 6:00 (she lives in my hometown in east Tennessee; she's technically closer because it'll only take her an hour and a half to get there). We'll be hitting up Pigeon Forge on Saturday night. Probably going to do Great Smokey Mountain Wheel they just added, then she had actually mentioned trying out the new mountain coaster in Gatlinburg so that'll be cool. Then Sunday Dollywood is open 2-9 so we're going to make an entire day of it, and spend one more night. She actually has to go back home early Sunday morning but I plan on geeking out and going back to Dollywood on Monday after she leaves to take my Canon SLR camera to take literally probably a thousand photos of every single thing in the park (Christmas lights, coasters, archy, flats, landscaping, etc) then probably ride a lot even though I'll be by myself. I can't wait.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

A couple weeks ago, the VP of Pixar, Pete Docter and two art directors, Jay Ward [Cars Legacy Guardian] and Jerome Ranft [Master Sculptor] along with two top Disney Marketing and brand synergy leaders walked into my office on the ship and asked me to design a flier for them.

They were sailing on our ship for Thanksgiving, as well as for the premiere of The Good Dinosaur, and were holding several last minute presentations for our guests. Being as we had nothing in the system to advertise this, I was asked to create a flier with the presentation info on it to be distributed to all of the staterooms.

Not going to lie, it was pretty scary at first to try and design something with three Pixar executives standing over my shoulder. But it turned out okay in the end, and one of the marketing guys ended up working from my office for the remainder of the cruise. [Which was awesome, because he was really cool to talk to and was telling me about his internship program in Orlando.

When designing, I asked for a couple high res images to use on the flier, and Jay told me to 'just Google something'. Which he ended up doing, and provided a Luxo and Ball image from Nerdist lol. I was surprised, not going to lie! It was also cool to ask him how it felt to have an official company position title that makes him sound like an action figure. [Legacy Guardian]. He is largely responsible for Cars Land in DCA, so it was especially great.

I've kept in touch with the Marketing and Synergy managers and am looking into going back to school to further my chances of moving into a creative position within the industry. Currently, I'm going about things completely backwards haha. Building the connections and doing the high level job, but not getting the education first!

That said, I'm also going to brag about the fact that I'm an official Disney Leader now [with a sweet salary and manager benefits in the parks], and have to wear an Officer uniform on the ship. [2 stripes]

I'm done bragging. Just excited :]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading