Please someone post an overview or pov.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

nl2oct13_9.png

• Maverix%s's Photo

Giggity

• FredD%s's Photo

So gonna buy it...

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

NL2 will be the end-all of ride design for a long time to come.  Theme Park Studio is putting up a decent fight, but any other ride/park modeling software is just archaic in comparison (I'm looking at you, rct clearances system, ugh).

• MorganFan%s's Photo

1459830_535764893176986_2046627228_n.jpg

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Update - six amazing screen shots, a ultra-high-res screenshot, and a video:

http://www.nolimitsc...s20131126034048

Items seen in the update:

-New wooden coaster track (with bump mapping, specular mapping, reflection mapping)

-Improved wooden catwalks

-Improved and retextured wooden coaster trains

-Improved generated wooden supports (layered with offsets)

-Realistic wooden coaster bent spacing

-Realistic wooden support beam sizes

-Park with multiple coasters

-Dynamic day-time simulation

-Experimental Depth of field effect

-Automatically generated dual station (will detect parallel station tracks)

-Special dual station switch for Flying Dutchman coaster (and other coasterstyles using same track)

-Pricing information

-Differences between the standard and pro licences

Be sure to check out the video and ultra-high-res screenshot - it looks lifted from real life.

Who else is super pumped about this amazing piece of software!?

• FredD%s's Photo

I can't wait for it!

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Update with video of the editor in action!  Plus the new Timberliner trains and the much improved automatic wooden support generator.  This is going to blow minds when it's released.

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo

Good Gravy! The editor looks so much more sophisticated that before. It looks like it will almost include aspects of Newton 2. Those timberliners look freakin incredible. as well. Gosh i can't wait for this!

• MorganFan%s's Photo

I have a pretty good feeling that this will be released on Christmas.

• FredD%s's Photo
    Flight of the Phoenix - a B&M inverted 47m high, 1071m length, topspeed of 89 km/h & 4 inversions.

2h3pgzl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raraOymxg1I&feature=youtu.be

• FredD%s's Photo

NL2 will be released on January the 10th, can't wait!

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah, but because of the price, I'm gonna wait a while before getting it. It's a lot more expensive than the original NL was (I think roughly double?)

Or maybe I'm wrong lol.

Looks incredible though, and deffo will get it eventually.

• Maverix%s's Photo

Well the professional version is more than double the original, but the standard is about $15 more than NL1.

Really pumped I'm building a computer now that will be able to run this, can't wait!

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Ride_Op, a member of the dev team, has stated that he runs NL2 on a 4 year old laptop without a problem, so I wouldn't worry too much about graphical issues.

Anyway, should be awesome.  I haven't touched RCT in a long time due to being frustrated with the clearances system and limited coaster design options.

• Maverix%s's Photo

Well I currently have a Mac so there's still that problem which I now won't have haha.  

• MorganFan%s's Photo

I honestly don't think that the discount Ole mentioned will be a reality with so many people already owning the original version. But maybe.

• FredD%s's Photo

Come on, already 12 hours have passed... If they don't release it very soon I'll have to wait untill monday to play it :(

• FredD%s's Photo

Just when I posted this... IT'S RELEASED!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading