(Archive) Advertising District / Wickline Lake Amusement Park

• Insanity%s's Photo
    Hello! Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of Wickline! My First Solo Park!! I am roughly 40% finished and still have a long way to go, I hope It's not too late to start a topic for it.

Some of what I have so far:

Twisted N'sanity
    Posted Image

Atomic
    Posted Image

Rampage (just the layout)
    Posted Image

Nightmare (incomplete)
    Posted Image

Various midway areas and attractions... and backstage areas

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Map: (in case someone wonders where the lake is)

Posted Image

Comments/criticisms are very much appreciated!
  • trav%s's Photo
    It has a certain old school charm to it. I love it.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Except for the barrel supports (egyptian supports aren't that bad) this is really great. It seems you know what you're doing.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Looks fun! I especially like the rapids. I agree with with Liampie on the barrel supports, maybe try the pipelines from the fabric theme.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    somehowe i really like the barrel supports...
    i love the rapids
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    This is becoming one of my favourite topics in the ad.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Nothing like some NCSO. I can't help that think the Rapids are a bit crowded, and they kind of look familiar to me, get inspired by anybody in particular?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    fucking brilliant
    may we see the layout of the red coaster?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    While I really like this a lot. There a few things that just seem like bad choices and don't make sense to me. The first one is the use of egyptian blocks and barrels for supports. Like seriously what the fuck? They kill every sense of realism and believability in each screen they appear in. Just use the round smoke stack pieces from the mechanical scenery set. Secondly, I don't get why not use normal paths for the backstage areas, I think using the flat pieces creates a texture clash with the rest of the paths in the park

Besides that each screen is brilliant. NCSO gold!
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    ^ I understand what you're saying, It's just that I find the smoke stack supports to be Hideous being too big in comparison to the slanted pole, even if its colorable, smoke stack supports are a pain to look at, I hope everyone understands the trade off, also... I used blocks for the backstage areas instead of regular path because theres a number of things you can do with blocks than other paths.. (and peeps don't get stuck back there... its annoying) diagnol paths, signification that it is a backstage area, clearance issues and not spending 10 minutes on a single grid of land for clearance.. hopefully if everything goes right I might be able to claim that gold, its a really big park. :p

Thanks everyone!

may we see the layout of the red coaster?

Hint: Skyrush + SROS + Goliath = Atomic
  • inVersed%s's Photo

^ I understand what you're saying, It's just that I find the smoke stack supports to be Hideous being too big in comparison to the slanted pole, even if its colorable, smoke stack supports are a pain to look at, I hope everyone understands the trade off

The huge and gaudy size of the smoke stacks still trump the nonsensical egyptian blocks and barrels in terms of a trade off

I think most will agree with me on this one
  • nin%s's Photo
    ...or you could use track.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    To be honest, I don't understand why you should even create custom supports,
    without proper CSO they look terrible and unrealistic, even compared to the ingame ones.

But if you feel obliged to use them, try to keep slanted tubes and tracks in somewhat the same color,
    Make them connect a little bit, even though it would mean every coaster having the same boring
    colors for the supports. This is just not working in my opinion.

Dispite the supports this is looking amazing. I really love the scale of everything, the tiny detail.
    And those rapids are one of the best I've seen NCSO.
    Amazing detail and eye for realism overall. Great work!
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    Im attracted to this park by the vibrant colours and atmosphere. Great ncso skills here, especially Nightmare and the rapids. However i dont like the supports either. Its the colour and unstable look they give off. Like Nin said maybe you could use track as supporst. Overall though the screen are good. My paticular favourite screen is the 7th. The Rampage station looks awsome and i also like how Nightmate and Rampage are close together. No nonsence for the thrill seekers to seek out the big rides. Theres only one flaw with that screen, the backstage pathing. Like Inversed said, use path there as it creates a really bad texture clash, plus looks horrible. Great work from you nevertheless, im looking forward to more! :p
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    I'm taking suggestions for supports, and I've decided to use the smokestack columns for supports, but some rides wil have coaster supports now that my 8cars is working again (thanks a million to nin for offering to help) as of now, Nightmare and Twisted N'sanity have the smokestack supports and I'm working on Atomic's.

I'm having a problem working on a screamin' swing where I get an ET every time I try to try to make the track invisible using crooked house, I'll post screens later, but is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Edit: as for the backstage areas... I've come to find out that employees are the dumbest motherfuckers in-game if there are paths that aren't attached to the rest of the park (a.k.a backstage areas) I tried making some backstage areas with path and employees basically levitated to them. Lol.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

how's my avatar?
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    (tl:dr)
    Do I sense some inspiration of the woodie above from The Texas Giant?
    Also, I may use a whole lot of elements from you scenery to my own shtuff (not that I really DO anything..).

I hope this gets finished and turned in; would love to see an NCSO park get an accolade.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't like the barrels on the roofs but otherwise this is quite spectacular.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Fantastic! Not really sure on all the barrels on the roofs in the first screen though. Also not really liking the barrel supports in the second screen. Other than that it is really amazing.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Still looking good :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading